MD-GOV 2022: Can Maryland GOP win a third gubernatorial term in 2022? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:16:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-GOV 2022: Can Maryland GOP win a third gubernatorial term in 2022? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Can Maryland GOP win a third term in 2022?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 180

Author Topic: MD-GOV 2022: Can Maryland GOP win a third gubernatorial term in 2022?  (Read 19965 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: June 26, 2021, 09:50:35 AM »

Not sure if this was already discussed but Kim Klacik is not running for governor, and will instead run for congress again, according to a tweet of hers from December of last year.

Which probably means she thinks the last election was "rigged against her" or she lost due to "fraud", or both. And yet republicans will still prop her up because she had that cool ad video and she's running against the Baltimore democratic establishment who has controlled that district for the past 70 years, and will likely continue to control it for as long as I live unless Maryland starts to lose seats.

Remembering all the campaign signs for her that I saw around Cockeysville/Timonium makes me want to vomit. Of course, the key question on everyone's minds is whether Scott Cawthon will donate to her again out of the pure noble white savior reflexes in his heart of hearts.
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 03:12:42 PM »

Moore embodies a lot that I can't stand about liquid modernity, Maryland politics, and the way that broader society engages with deprived communities, but he was ultimately the lesser evil against the entrenched corrupt conservadem and the Beltway-brained union-buster. I'll most likely vote third-party in the general (Green or Working Class) since he clearly won't have any trouble dispatching the face of the MDGOP's rejection of Maoist Fat Larry (bulldozing the City of Baltimore is the floor, building a Naypyidaw-tier highway in Garrett County is the compromise, just cancelling the Red Line is a humiliation).
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 08:47:35 PM »

There no way that Maryland votes for the GOP again. Wes Moore is going to run it up in Baltimore city.
Not just there but the DC and Baltimore suburbs, rapidly trending blue Anne Arundel County and Frederick County. he probably wins every county Biden did.

wouldn't be shocked if he added Wicomico and Calvert.

AACo and Frederick should be in the bag for him; Kent and Talbot are much more dependent on relative turnout of their contrasting geographic/demographic bases (Chestertown vs Most Everything Else, Easton/St. Michaels vs Most Everything Else, the extent to which retirees will still be enamored with Hogan romanticism or pissed at Biden). Calvert and Wicomico aren't diversifying fast enough to flip and are still a bit too classically "Southern" in profile at the moment for folks to be Very Concerned about a pro-Trump GOP nominee; note that Most Hated Man In Maryland Andy Harris still lost Wicomico in 2018 while facing a much closer race in MD-01 than usual.
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 08:08:52 AM »

this threaf desperately needs a new title

I wonder if we are going to get a poll of this election anytime soon. We had multiple in 2018.

2018 was an actual competitive race with a normal human being, as opposed to a lizard, running as the GOP nominee.

Larry Hogan is deeply reptilian, but in a way familiar enough to the sort of person you find on Atlas (racialized suburban resentment disguised as FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY) that it feels normal to them if they haven't done the time here in Maryland. Eating at seafood restaurants in Annapolis with pictures of him at an oyster festival or whatever by the bathrooms still feels very phony.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies