MD-GOV 2022: Can Maryland GOP win a third gubernatorial term in 2022? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:39:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-GOV 2022: Can Maryland GOP win a third gubernatorial term in 2022? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Can Maryland GOP win a third term in 2022?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 180

Author Topic: MD-GOV 2022: Can Maryland GOP win a third gubernatorial term in 2022?  (Read 20016 times)
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« on: May 06, 2021, 05:41:21 PM »

A few things:

Looks like former Attorney General Doug Gansler is gearing up for a run: https://www.marylandmatters.org/blog/former-attorney-general-gansler-hires-campaign-manager/

John "Johnny O" Olszewski has announced that he's running for re-election as Baltimore County Executive, all but confirming that he won't be running for governor next year.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 04:58:46 PM »

Expected. The ad seems decent, but we'll have to see if he's gotten any better at campaigning since 2014.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 03:07:44 PM »

Former Robin Hood Foundation CEO (no relation to the Robinhood investment app) Wes Moore is in.

Seems like a pretty strong opening ad.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 06:53:12 PM »

I met Tom Perez himself yesterday, and he said he's going to be entering the race next week.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 12:04:24 PM »

A Trumpist was bound to jump into the race, considering how the MD GOP has been Trumpified over the last few years.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 02:40:49 PM »

They won't. The Republican party in Maryland doesn't want to win general elections statewide anymore.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 06:53:16 PM »

Moore has signaled that he's taking the general election seriously and will actively campaign throughout the state, not just in the Baltimore and DC metros.

Moore embodies a lot that I can't stand about liquid modernity, Maryland politics, and the way that broader society engages with deprived communities, but he was ultimately the lesser evil against the entrenched corrupt conservadem and the Beltway-brained union-buster. I'll most likely vote third-party in the general (Green or Working Class) since he clearly won't have any trouble dispatching the face of the MDGOP's rejection of Maoist Fat Larry (bulldozing the City of Baltimore is the floor, building a Naypyidaw-tier highway in Garrett County is the compromise, just cancelling the Red Line is a humiliation).

You may be right, but I wouldn't dismiss him immediately. I think he won because voters were looking for someone new. I've met him a few times and he didn't have the same aura that other politicians tend to have. He seemed to have an authenticity that the others lacked, and stuck to positive themes in the primary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies