MD-GOV 2022: Can Maryland GOP win a third gubernatorial term in 2022? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:03:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-GOV 2022: Can Maryland GOP win a third gubernatorial term in 2022? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Can Maryland GOP win a third term in 2022?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 180

Author Topic: MD-GOV 2022: Can Maryland GOP win a third gubernatorial term in 2022?  (Read 20030 times)
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« on: April 08, 2022, 01:22:30 PM »

I'm not sure what it means but I saw a Franchot sign in Fairfax County.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 01:25:30 PM »

Congratulations to Wes Moore on winning this one and this is not a criticism of him as he did not come up with the rules for the election but it seems a bit ridiculous that 66% of voters chose someone else but he gets the nomination because he got 30,000 more votes.  I'm not the biggest fan of runoffs but in a situation like this, I get it.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 09:14:38 PM »

I totally get where you're coming from, but in fairness to Moore it's not his fault there were so many candidates in this race. Hell, Baker, who withdrew, came in fourth place. Actually, I'm wondering if Baker dropping out is really what helped Moore come out ahead. Moore's margin in Prince George's probably would have been weaker had he stayed in and Franchot or Perez would possibly have benefited from that.
Definitely, I won't place any blame on him.  He doesn't make the rules and we can't fault him for playing the system as it is and, as you mention, he didn't force anyone else into the race. 

My main point is that it is a bit absurd that a candidate can be nominated with a supermajority of voters against him.  But this isn't a Moore-specific point and I'd make it no matter which of the many Democrats won.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies