Your State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:20:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Your State
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your State  (Read 1632 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2020, 09:04:07 AM »

Tell us about your State at the moment.

What is the vibe? The feeling of the people about you and what they are saying.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 09:35:03 AM »

Are we talking politically? In terms of the coronavirus? Just in general?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 10:06:51 AM »

I live in rural SW Virginia and a lot of people are getting antsy here. Not finding anyone who wants the lockdowns to remain in place into May.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 10:09:20 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2020, 10:44:10 AM by here2view »

Most people in MA are taking this seriously. The vast majority of people are wearing masks when at grocery stores. I haven't been since April 8th, but even then people handled waiting in line outside and social distancing well.

The announcement of schools closing for the rest of the year was pretty much expected. I'm a teacher and most of my students (grades 6, 7 and 8th) are handling remote learning okay.

I think Baker has done a decent job. You could maybe say he should have taken earlier action, but he wouldn't be the only one.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 10:13:14 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 11:30:57 AM »

Hollywood is against Trump
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 11:49:51 AM »

are you Jeff Goldblum?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 12:21:02 PM »

Chi Suburbs are taking this at least mostly seriously. Not a lot of masks, but no crowds either.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 12:27:25 PM »

The small college town where my parents lived just furloughed 20% if the city workforce and cut the salaries of the mayor, city council members, and department heads.  All restaurants, gyms, and hair/nail salons have been ordered closed since March 20.  Despite the mayor saying there's no intention of limiting these restrictions anytime soon, she's allowing the city's farmers market to go-on this weekend.  What a joke. 
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 01:07:45 PM »

Most people here in the Seattle area are taking this seriously, and they're starting to discuss when to start re-opening businesses. The growth of cases has definitely gone way down, now it's just a matter of carefully easing back into a normal routine, and avoiding a second wave.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 01:12:32 PM »

Chi Suburbs are taking this at least mostly seriously. Not a lot of masks, but no crowds either.
I can confirm this. The only place packed with people is the local Chik-Fil-A.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 01:21:09 PM »

Truth. That and Culvers.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 01:26:09 PM »

I would say that people in Colorado are for the most part, taking this seriously at this point. I don't leave the house that much, but when I was last out on Monday, the majority of customers at my workplace-probably around 60-70%-were wearing masks (and of course, all employees were as well, thanks to the Governor's order). However, you still have that sizable minority who do not wear any protective gear whatsoever, think that the virus is overblown or don't care about it, and are still going about as they can, even though they've been hampered by the restrictions put in place (i.e. limiting people who can be inside buildings at any one time, etc.). You're never going to convince everybody.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 02:20:49 PM »

I live in Colorado in a relatively Democratic (but not Berniecratic) suburban area of Denver. People here are pretty well-educated and Dem leaning.
For the most part, people are taking this seriously, and masks are becoming the norm. As a teenager, I can testify that at the start, many younger people didn’t take it seriously and were still partying, but most have reluctantly decided to stay at home and not kill granny at this point.
It’s not panicked, but from what I have seen from the windows, traffic at this point is nonexistent and not a ton of people are out.

Our governor is a complete mess.
A lot of people I know are pissed that Polis decided to sell out our lives.
People are divided, but the “reopen” movement is the minority here. Maybe in Douglas County, it’s different with all the woke Libertarians. Still, I sincerely hope this is the end of Polis’s political career.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2020, 02:24:58 PM »

I live in Colorado in a relatively Democratic (but not Berniecratic) suburban area of Denver. People here are pretty well-educated and Dem leaning.
For the most part, people are taking this seriously, and masks are becoming the norm. As a teenager, I can testify that at the start, many younger people didn’t take it seriously and were still partying, but most have reluctantly decided to stay at home and not kill granny at this point.
It’s not panicked, but from what I have seen from the windows, traffic at this point is nonexistent and not a ton of people are out.

Our governor is a complete mess.
A lot of people I know are pissed that Polis decided to sell out our lives.
People are divided, but the “reopen” movement is the minority here. Maybe in Douglas County, it’s different with all the woke Libertarians. Still, I sincerely hope this is the end of Polis’s political career.

Certainly different down in El Paso County, where I live. Here, you have a sizable minority (if not a majority) of people who want the economy to reopen. But that's not completely surprising, given El Paso County's reputation as a Republican stronghold and conservative bastion. Most people around here disapprove of Polis, and thus disapprove of his response by default.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2020, 03:32:43 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2020, 03:50:16 PM by Special K »

Georgia.  My county was over 80% for Trump.

Most people I’ve talked to think it’s ridiculously early to reopen the state.  Most have said they’ll continue to social distance and stay home for at least another month. Whether or not they do, who knows?

Very few are in favor of it.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2020, 03:35:37 PM »

Lancaster County, PA here. We haven't been hit as hard as some more eastern counties but I think there is still a considerable number of cases compared to other, much more rural counties. I have my tendrils in a lot of different political groups and even my more conservative friends think the folks storming the capitol are idiots, phonies, probably astroturfed, etc.

PA in general seems to be fairly supportive of Governor Wolf's measures to control outbreaks even though we have the standard faire of nuts and whatnot.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2020, 04:25:40 PM »

everyone (well not everyone, most people tho, at least that I know) are pissed and ready for this quarantine stuff to end.

I'm really thankful Governor Lee is letting the stay at home order expire on the 30th. Can't wait, counting down the days fr.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2020, 05:16:22 PM »

Proof that it’s not always the scrubs who are hanging out the passenger side of their best friend’s ride, trying to holler at them.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 05:26:26 PM »

Luckily Floridians are smarter than DeSantis and Trump and are wanting the Stay At Home orders extended till June
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2020, 05:34:11 PM »

everyone (well not everyone, most people tho, at least that I know) are pissed and ready for this quarantine stuff to end.

I'm really thankful Governor Lee is letting the stay at home order expire on the 30th. Can't wait, counting down the days fr.
Funny enough, TN actually is looking like a safe-enough place to begin reopening by April 30th (Barring major cities)
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2020, 06:08:40 PM »

Lancaster, PA. Pretty conservative as a whole, although my township has been trending D as of late. I work retail, so I have a different perspective here. People are generally following the guidelines set out by Wolf, but are terrible about following store rules. I don't think it's malicious, but people aren't waiting for the registers to be cleaned before putting their $300 worth of non-essential goods on the belt, generally aren't social distancing in line, and one guy yesterday pulled down his mask to ask me a question. People are wearing masks, though. I think Wolf has done a great job at managing this whole thing. His reopening strategy of opening on a county-by-county basis is a good one, I just wish people weren't so stupid.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2020, 06:57:42 PM »

Trump is certain to do worse here, he always was but it's even more of a foregone conclusion now with how the virus has affected us. We could even see Morris County flip...maybe.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2020, 07:16:04 PM »

Truth. That and Culvers.

There's a hidden truth behind these Revelations I suspect.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2020, 08:55:12 PM »

Southeast NH here.  About the only place I go to anymore is the grocery store along with 1 trip to Wal-Mart in the last month.

Almost everyone here wears masks,  Literally everyone, young and old.  I felt kinda embarrassed the last time I went because I didn't have anything (I do now).

The social distancing seems to really be taking seriously here for the most part.   
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies