State Opening of the Seventh Council of Lincoln
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:49:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  State Opening of the Seventh Council of Lincoln
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Opening of the Seventh Council of Lincoln  (Read 512 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2020, 08:43:38 PM »

PENNSILVANIA✦NOVA  CAESARIA✦CONNECTICVTA✦MASSACIVSSETA✦NOVA HANTESCIRA✦NOVVM EBORACVM✦RHODENSIS INSVLA✦OHIVM✦INDIANA✦ILLINOESIA✦MICHIGANIA✦VISCONSINIA✦VIRGINIS INSVLAEDaniel Patrick Moynihan U.S. Courthouse, 500 Pearl Street by Ron Coleman, on Flickr

State Opening
of the Seventh Council of Lincoln

21 April 2020

Veritas Non Potentia Legem Facit

Good Evening. Honorable Members of this Council - as well as all of you who are streaming this from around the region - I speak to you in a dire moment for this region. This epidemic has been hard on all of us; many have lost friends, families, or loved ones during this crisis - know that they are all deeply missed. Lincoln, at present, is a region in mourning. I must, however, give some praise this evening to the outgoing Government and Chancellor Jimmy, whose quick action to begin shutting down large gatherings undoubtedly saved countless more lives. Lincoln owes a debt to his leadership, and I hope he goes on to do great things in this Senate both during this crisis and beyond.

That being said, there is still a lot of work to be done, and we must all remain vigilant. I applaud all of you across the region who are adhering to social distancing guidelines and taking steps to slow the spread of the virus; you are quite literally saving lives, and it is people like you who are the reason Lincoln is as great as it is. And to all of you I humbly ask you to continue to do what you are doing, for only together can we get through this. I also want to take this moment to thank all of our medical professionals who have dedicated their lives to saving others' over the past few months; they are among the greatest heroes of our time.

There is also a lot of work left to be done in the political world; to ensure that we have the backs of all of the doctors, nurses, hospital workers, and others on the front lines of this fight; to ensure that every family in Lincoln has the means to get through these hard times; to build a larger epidemic infrastructure ad ensure that another crisis like this will be met with much stronger preparation and can be controlled; and to build a plan for how we can return to normal life without risking a resurgence of the virus. To do all of these things, we need to have a stable, decisive government dedicated to capably dealing with such a crisis; and that is why we are here today. This weekend's Council elections yielded a strong majority for the Labor party; thus, as is their right, I am giving the first mandate to form government to the party's chosen leader, Councilor Gracile of Illinois. The councilor has been with us throughout the Jimmy government and has proven himself a strong and capable leader; I have every faith in him to lead our region in these difficult times.

Quote from: Gubernatorial Order VIII-XIX
The Seventh Council of Lincoln having convened for the first time, without any sitting Government, I hereby give Councilor Gracile of Illinois the mandate to form government in my name as Chancellor.

VIII Governor of Lincoln

The Question is On Whether This Council has Confidence in Councilor Gracile to Form Government in the Name of His Excellency Governor Sestak

Honorable Councilors, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 08:45:39 PM »

AYE
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 11:07:16 PM »

Aye
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 03:49:38 PM »

AYE
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 03:53:24 PM »

Aye
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 04:23:50 PM »

Nay
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 05:10:13 PM »

Question: On Whether This Council has Confidence in Councilor Gracile to Form Government in the Name of His Excellency Governor Sestak

Style      Member                R RegF  St      Tenure

Hon.CookiedamageIndLNJ01 dayAye
Hon.GracileIndLIL85 daysAye
Hon.Grassr00tsIndFIL01 dayNay
Hon.20RP12IndLME65 daysAye
Rt. Hon.S019LibLNJ182 daysAye

Holding a clear confidence of this council, Councilor Gracile shall serve as chancellor and
may hereby take his place as leader of the government in office number 2004.

It now falls upon the Right Honorable Chancellor to name a Speaker for this council.

Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 05:31:29 PM »

I nominate Councilor S019 for Speaker of the Council.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 09:07:16 PM »

AYE
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 09:23:58 PM »

Aye
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 09:42:54 PM »

NAY
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 10:40:35 PM »

Aye
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 06:29:13 AM »

AYE
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 01:22:13 PM »

Question: On Whether This Council Agrees to the Selection of Councilor S019 as its Speaker

Style      Member                R RegF  St      Tenure

Hon.CookiedamageIndLNJ02 daysAye
Rt. Hon.GracileIndLIL86 daysAye
Hon.Grassr00tsIndFIL02 daysNay
Hon.20RP12IndLME66 daysAye
Rt. Hon.S019LibLNJ183 daysAye

Councilor S019 is confirmed as Speaker and shall assume the position and office number 940 immediately.

Here's to a productive session - I wish you all the best!

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 01:27:30 PM »

Best of regards from the South and congralutions to S019 for winning this vote.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 03:01:36 PM »

[The Governor's remarks to the Council were delivered remotely from Philadelphia]

Good afternoon, members of the Council. On Monday morning, following his election to the House of Representatives, Chancellor Gracile resigned from his position and from this body in order to prepare for his new position. As I myself will be returning to Capitol Hill for the first time in over a year next Friday in order to lead Congress, it has fallen on me to select a Chancellor who will be capable of acting as Governor and taking a strong leading role for our region for the month of July. Councilor R2D2 has a long and respected history as a statesman both for our region and for the nation; he has already announced his intention to seek the Custom House in his own right next month, and I have no doubt that he will be up to the job.

Thus, on Tuesday evening, I gave the honorable member from Maine the mandate; I know come before you to ask for your confidence in him.

Quote from: Gubernatorial Order VIII-XXV
Chancellor Gracile having resigned from the position and from the Council, without any sitting Government, I hereby give Councilor R2D2 of Maine the mandate to form government in my name as Chancellor.

VIII Governor of Lincoln

The Question is On Whether This Council has Confidence in Councilor R2D2 (20RP12) to Form Government in the Name of His Excellency Governor Sestak

Honorable Councilors, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2020, 03:05:47 PM »

AYE
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 03:37:03 PM »

Your words are very humbling, Governor. I appreciate them and your service to this region.

Aye
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2020, 10:57:00 AM »

Don't have time to do my fancy graphics (may edit it in later), but with two ayes and no nays, Councilor R2D2 has the clear confidence of this Council and shall serve as Chancellor; he may now take office in office number 2004.

To the Council and all of Lincoln, it's been an absolute pleasure to serve as your Governor for the last five months. I wish you all the best of luck in the months to come.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies