Why are 65+ whites less republican than 45-64 whites (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:13:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why are 65+ whites less republican than 45-64 whites (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are 65+ whites less republican than 45-64 whites  (Read 799 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: April 22, 2020, 06:26:50 PM »

It seems incredibly likely. Gen Z is coming of age under Trump in the middle of an economic catastrophe. For most of us, every day is just another day - we have had some experience during the economic boom that will get us our next work, some have money saved - but for this cohort, they are losing their future by the minute much like older millennials before them in 2008 beginning years of underemployment and debt.

While I agree with most of the answers in this thread, I would add one other small factor. The 45-64 age group missed Watergate, the second most important moment in American political history, and the reason for the last 50 years of distrust in government and our institutions. Trump is so incredibly similar to Nixon (without the plus of being a lifelong statesman but I think that matters less today given the distrust). The 65+ age group lost their Kennedy's (something that could be understood even at their young age unlike Watergate for the next generation) and got stuck with Nixon getting off scot-free.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies