Do you support California giving checks to illegals?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:59:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you support California giving checks to illegals?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Yes or No
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: Do you support California giving checks to illegals?  (Read 1604 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2020, 03:03:07 PM »

I have changed my opinion of this slightly, in that they should be given money during the corona crisis and then they should be kicked out of the country (unless they have family or were raised here).
And if they are sick with the pandemic? I’m not positive that instigating a sizeable movement occurs people across borders at this time is an action worth conducting now, no?

Then they should get healthcare.
Healthcare first inside the nation of current residence or what? This debacle kinda shoots at the previous ideas of how things are.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2020, 09:45:25 PM »

I have changed my opinion of this slightly, in that they should be given money during the corona crisis and then they should be kicked out of the country (unless they have family or were raised here).
And if they are sick with the pandemic? I’m not positive that instigating a sizeable movement occurs people across borders at this time is an action worth conducting now, no?

Healthcare first inside the nation of current residence or what? This debacle kinda shoots at the previous ideas of how things are.

Yes. They should be given healthcare then after the pandemic they should leave.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2020, 01:24:34 AM »

Yes. They should be given healthcare then after the pandemic they should leave.
Yeah. Because that would somehow improve the world and make people's lives better. 🙄
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2020, 04:34:14 AM »

Yes
Cayahougac
Rookie
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2020, 11:21:44 AM »

can you not understand the illegal immigration is a direct result of Nixon's policies. when 1 in 7 die in Ecuador because weed is a schedule 1 drug and cocaine according to the us government is safer and less dangerous
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2020, 11:28:29 AM »

The question is why can't California do what it wants? It's a fairly liberal state, right?

Also, the federal government hasn't been helping us much. Right now, UBI is looking better and better.

I don't think that immigration should be a crime, anyway.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2020, 07:50:57 PM »

Yes, and they should receive even more support. Give them full citizenship.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2020, 08:14:40 PM »

I don’t support the gov giving checks to anybody
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2020, 08:15:42 PM »

If adult students and adult dependents don't qualify for checks (not to mention citizens above the income threshold), illegal immigrants certainly shouldn't qualify either.

More generally, I'm not a fan of the government giving cash incentives for illegal behavior and thus encouraging it.

That's a good argument for giving adult students and dependents checks.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2020, 08:25:24 PM »

The question is why can't California do what it wants? It's a fairly liberal state, right?

Also, the federal government hasn't been helping us much. Right now, UBI is looking better and better.

I don't think that immigration should be a crime, anyway.

It's not a crime. Most immigrants are legal, and even those that are illegal, illegal presence itself is not a crime. Only those who crossed illegally (a minority of illegal immigrants) and those who committed crimes after their arrival are criminals. And you don't have to be a criminal to be ineligible for a government benefit - government benefits discriminate all the time based on employment status, disability, age, type of business, income/wealth, etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies