Historically Republican Counties (With MianFei) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:59:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Historically Republican Counties (With MianFei) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Historically Republican Counties (With MianFei)  (Read 3292 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« on: April 16, 2020, 05:42:29 PM »

Tyler County, WV is debatable, its 1996 official result has Bill Clinton winning it, and not even with it being particularly close, but chances are that the official result is an error, and that Dole probably won it in actuality.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 10:44:24 PM »

Tyler County, WV is debatable, its 1996 official result has Bill Clinton winning it, and not even with it being particularly close, but chances are that the official result is an error, and that Dole probably won it in actuality.

If Dole actually carried Tyler, WV (likely), when was the last time it didn't vote Republican?

Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 08:11:34 PM »

Putnam County, MO has been consistently Republican since at least 1932. I'm not able to find county-level results from before then. Maybe someone here can? It's definitely the longest one-party streak of any Missouri county, but I have no idea of exactly how long it is.
Actually, Gasconade County is the longest one-party streak of any County, not just in Missouri, but nationally too. Both Gasconade, and Putnam though, along with Ozark and Taney Counties have voted Republican every time since after the Civil War ended though.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 12:18:12 AM »

Putnam County, MO has been consistently Republican since at least 1932. I'm not able to find county-level results from before then. Maybe someone here can? It's definitely the longest one-party streak of any Missouri county, but I have no idea of exactly how long it is.

Gasconade County, MO voted Republican in 1860 and has voted Republican in every election for President since (and has been GOP downballot in every election where I can find data).

Claire McCaskill won it in 2002 though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies