Historically Republican Counties (With MianFei) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:22:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Historically Republican Counties (With MianFei) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Historically Republican Counties (With MianFei)  (Read 3291 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: April 25, 2020, 07:18:37 PM »

I am compiling a list of ancestrally Republican Counties that have voted Republican in every election, with the possible exceptions of 1856, 1860, 1912, 1932, 1936, and 1964. (First three due to third parties).
I'll start with New York

New York-
Tioga
Wayne
Livingston
Steuben
Allegany
Orleans
Genessee
Wyoming

Thoughts on these counties?

Lyndon Johnson, to my knowledge, is the only Democrat ever to win the counties you listed here. In his 1964 landslide, he won every county in New York, and is one of only three presidential candidates-Warren G. Harding and Calvin Coolidge being the others-to do so. I know that in at least one of these counties (Wyoming), Trump got more than 70% of the vote in 2016, in a state that he lost by nearly 23%.

For North Carolina-
Wilkes
Yadkin

For Ohio-
Geauga
Fulton
Warren
Logan
Champaign
Union
Madison (Although 1876 is suspiciously close)
Fayette
Clinton
Greene
Morgan

Most of these counties, except for Fulton and Union, went for Johnson in 1964. I know that Roosevelt won Fulton County in 1932.

Right? And Putnam, NY went Dem in 1864, which I had not known!

Anyway, here is Wisconsin-
Walworth

Illinois-
Lee
Ogle
Stark
Edwards
Ford

Andrew Jackson won Edwards County in 1832, and Lee County, I believe, was carried by Franklin Pierce in 1852. Franklin D. Roosevelt won Ford County in 1932. Ogle County, to my knowledge, has never voted Democratic. Roosevelt is also the only Democrat to carry Stark County, which he did in 1932.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 07:24:34 PM »

As for my state (Colorado), Democrats have won every county in at least one presidential election. Elbert County has not gone Democratic since 1932, and Washington and Hinsdale Counties have not done so since 1936; Franklin D. Roosevelt was the last Democrat to win these counties. They were the only three counties in Colorado that Lyndon Johnson did not carry in 1964.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 01:20:03 AM »

Hmm, sorry about that, does the image display now?

I cannot see the map either, and have never been able to see it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies