Badger(D) vs Fuzzy Bear(R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:11:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Badger(D) vs Fuzzy Bear(R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for/who wins
Badger/Badger

Badger/Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear/Badger

Fuzzy Bear/Fuzzy Bear

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 110

Author Topic: Badger(D) vs Fuzzy Bear(R)  (Read 4307 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 10, 2020, 04:00:34 PM »

I like them both, but I'd vote for Badger as I'm ideologically closer to him. However, I think Fuzzy would win reasonably comfortably.

I normally don't comment about electability in these threads, but two points to make.

First, Once I properly switched back to a red Avatar (just waiting on my absentee ballot in the mail, Tom Wink). I could win my party's nomination running as an Al Franken Democrat who lampooned Republicans all too accurately. Fuzzy could never ever win as a Republican supporting Obama Care and the like.

Secondly, even if somehow fuzzy could win the nomination, AND somehow avoided a serious third-party candidate who shares traditionally Republican views on both social AND economic policies running as a "true heir to Reagan" or the like, voters would ultimately still have a hard hard time accepting his far-right social views being the focus of his candidacy. The difference between him and say Trump, W, and Reagan is fuzzy is obviously a True BelieverTM whose American Taliban Lite views would scare the ever-living f out of the most swing voters.

Simply put, it's the reason that even Republican primary voters chose folks like W over Pat Robertson, McCain over Huckabee, Romney over Santorum, and Trump over just about every other alternative. While Republicans need a nominee who checks all the right boxes on social issues plus consolidates the working class anti-abortion vote in the general election, they also understand needing a candidate whose right-wing views on social issues aren't the raison d' etre of their candidacy like Fuzzy, or the suburbs will desert them in droves.

Besides, extra pats on the head for any Trump supporters whom, without any apparent realization of the inherent contradiction, think that I am too "aggressive " or "partisan" to be elected president. Roll Eyes

Forget "muh populism". I'd probably clean the floors with Fuzzy.

I don't really care about this thread, but who is "they"? Is there a collective hivemind that makes strategic decisions? Because I wouldn't expect you to attribute so much rationality to the Republican Party primary voters. If you refer to the donor class or elites who throw their weight around as needed, I could see your statement making sense, but Trump somehow seems to disprove that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies