Was Mondale 1984 the last nominee from the left-wing of the Democratic Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:38:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Was Mondale 1984 the last nominee from the left-wing of the Democratic Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Was Mondale 1984 the last nominee from the left-wing of the Democratic Party?  (Read 3759 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: April 11, 2020, 02:07:01 PM »

In all his 38 years in politics, Biden was never referred to as a centrist / moderate until this election, where extreme Bernie Sanders was present. He’s always been considered a liberal.

Hillary was always far-left, going back to the 1990s.

None of this is remotely true.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 02:50:13 PM »

In all his 38 years in politics, Biden was never referred to as a centrist / moderate until this election, where extreme Bernie Sanders was present. He’s always been considered a liberal.

Hillary was always far-left, going back to the 1990s.

None of this is remotely true.

*sigh*  ...

Straight from Biden’s own mouth.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2864783796916154&id=2229530000626147&_rdr

5:30

“Well you know it’s kinda interesting on your show for me to be called a moderate. I know it’s 13 years since I’ve been on it. But I’ve never been called a moderate on your show before. And I don’t consider myself ... I’m making the point that I have a very very progressive record, and the issue is what we can get done.”

*sigh*  ...

Straight from actual facts.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/may/06/joe-biden/joe-biden-claims-he-was-staunch-liberal-senate-he-/

Biden said, "I was always labeled as one of the most liberal members of the United States Congress."

A review of several databases that grade lawmakers based on ideology shows Biden has not always earned high grades for liberalism, and occasionally earned low marks. Among Senate Democrats, he was in the middle of the pack in terms of liberalism. Over his 35 years in the Senate, he showed a willingness to buck the left wing of his party and cross the partisan aisle.

We rate this False.

I can't tell you how much it pains me to not stand by Joe on this, but upholding the idea of what literal facts are is more important.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies