ASOIAF Game (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:52:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  ASOIAF Game (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ASOIAF Game  (Read 902 times)
Dereich
YaBB God

« on: April 10, 2020, 09:35:09 AM »

I think its worth considering general knowledge of the scenario when considering starting a new game. Diplomacraft and Century of Blood were easily the most ambitious and (thinking of Diplomacraft here) creative of the ASOIAF games we've had. However, both involve times and characters that we don't know very much about. I think both games (as well as some non-ASOIAF games like Alea Iacta Est) suffered from being too far outside the player's knowledge of the characters they were supposed to be interacting with.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 12:18:04 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2020, 12:23:26 AM by Dereich »

If you want to do an alternate WOT5K, maybe a divergence of killing off Joffrey early would work. One thing I've noticed consistently is that very few players ever want to do anything that helps Joffrey on the IT. Probably because we all know much more about him than would the IRL lords of Westeros. I think the best and only "successful" Joffrey game involved him nuking King's Landing on turn 2 or 3. A WOT5K scenario with King Tommen from the start might change the dynamics somewhat.

I did consider doing one where Jon Snow's true parentage is discovered.

I think that one would require either a super early or a much later start. At the start of the WOT5K, no lords of any significance would have been interested in Targaryen restoration. It might create an interesting dynamic if Robert and Ned were still alive, causing tension between them. If the goal is to make Jon a legitimate contender rather than a weak target, I think the war needs to have already gone on long enough that a savior (like Jon or Faegon) can come sweeping in.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies