Why is Madison County, AL growing so fast? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:44:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why is Madison County, AL growing so fast? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is Madison County, AL growing so fast?  (Read 653 times)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« on: April 07, 2020, 12:28:29 AM »

Educated (by Southern national, or hell even Connecticut or Maryland standards)?

FTFY
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 12:42:28 AM »

As far as the people moving there I'm not sure. I think its most people from Alabama and other metros in the south.

It actually looks like Madison County gets a lot of high-income in-migration from Southern California, Colorado, DC suburbs, and Florida.  Link.

But like Chicago is to the midwest Atlanta is to the south. Any minorities or liberal-minded whites will be more geared to moving to Atlanta. Which means demographics skew more white and more conservative.

This is a function of the MSA's industry-mix.  HSV's aerospace and tech industries attract a lot of White, male engineers (i.e., conservatives) while cities like Atlanta and Nashville are more dominated by industries like marketing, entertainment, and public interest/non-profit (which are going to attract more diverse pools of workers).
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 12:57:08 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2020, 01:08:04 AM by Del Tachi »

Quote from:  link=topic=368004.msg7279163#msg7279163 date=1586238977 uid=16104
As far as the people moving there I'm not sure. I think its most people from Alabama and other metros in the south.

It actually looks like Madison County gets a lot of high-income in-migration from Southern California, Colorado, DC suburbs, and Florida.  Link.

But like Chicago is to the midwest Atlanta is to the south. Any minorities or liberal-minded whites will be more geared to moving to Atlanta. Which means demographics skew more white and more conservative.

This is a function of the MSA's industry-mix.  HSV's aerospace and tech industries attract a lot of White, male engineers (i.e., conservatives) while cities like Atlanta and Nashville are more dominated by industries like marketing, entertainment, and public interest/non-profit (which are going to attract more diverse pools of workers).

Are you actually going to argue that tech bros vote Republican?

Aerospace engineers living in Huntsville, AL are mostly Republicans, yes

Note that military-types are over-represented in aerospace compared to other fields of engineering, and all the places I mentioned as having significant out-migration to HSV are khaki country.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies