What Happened
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:07:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What Happened
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What Happened  (Read 1847 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2006, 07:08:23 PM »

I've been gone since Friday.  Someone please explain what happened.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 07:09:37 PM »

Ford was a jEW and caused your ticket to lose, depriving you of your second oppurtunity to be President.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 07:11:39 PM »

Naso was elected President.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 07:13:27 PM »

As I understand it:

- John Ford was winning the presidential election.

- Q discarded the votes of two John Ford voters because they didn't list a VP candidate (which voters were explicitly instructed to do).

- John Ford was disgusted by this and posted a large topic explaining three things: that, since fantasy elections are not real, he saw no reason to care about them; that he was disgusted at how Q was, in his opinion, rigging the election; and that everyone else should leave fantasy politics as well because the environment is corrosive and because they aren't real.

- John Ford also dropped out of the presidential race, explaining that he had nothing left to prove.

- Ebowed then won the presidential election.

That's about where we are right now.  The threads you see are people trying to figure out what can be done to remedy the atmosphere currently in existence in fantasy politics.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 07:14:27 PM »

As I understand it:

- John Ford was winning the presidential election.

- Q discarded the votes of two John Ford voters because they didn't list a VP candidate (which voters were explicitly instructed to do).

- John Ford was disgusted by this and posted a large topic explaining three things: that, since fantasy elections are not real, he saw no reason to care about them; that he was disgusted at how Q was, in his opinion, rigging the election; and that everyone else should leave fantasy politics as well because the environment is corrosive and because they aren't real.

- John Ford also dropped out of the presidential race, explaining that he had nothing left to prove.

- Naso then won the presidential election.

That's about where we are right now.  The threads you see are people trying to figure out what can be done to remedy the atmosphere currently in existence in fantasy politics.

I corrected your post. See the bold.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 07:15:53 PM »

I think you should mature a little and get off your Naso fixation, it's unhealthy.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 07:17:58 PM »

My bad.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 07:25:15 PM »

Q discarded the votes of two John Ford voters because they didn't list a VP candidate (which voters were explicitly instructed to do).
If memory serves, MasterJedi's vote tabulation indicated that these two votes did not count. Q didn't actually discard anyone's votes during the election, if I recall correctly.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 07:26:08 PM »

Q discarded the votes of two John Ford voters because they didn't list a VP candidate (which voters were explicitly instructed to do).
If memory serves, MasterJedi's vote tabulation indicated that these two votes did not count. Q didn't actually discard anyone's votes during the election, if I recall correctly.

Didn't the official count also not include those votes?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 07:26:27 PM »

The last precedent was that they counted as two votes for John Ford/No VP, Q didn't count it that way this time so he did technically "throw them out" and do a new precedent.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 07:26:34 PM »

John Ford was pretty much on track to winning, and most definitly would have won had he not dropped out, interestingly to note.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 07:27:34 PM »

Didn't the official count also not include those votes?
Yes, but that happened after Ford quit. Also, the Deputy SoFA was the one who certified the election.

To make matters even more confusing, the decision to discount these votes is currently being challenged in court. It is possible that Ford/TD will ultimately end up winning after all.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 08:16:16 PM »

I think you should mature a little and get off your Naso fixation, it's unhealthy.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 08:17:15 PM »

I know you're talking about Naso, but what am I?

I fixed your post.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 08:20:57 PM »

Haha! Good one. But man, that sig cartoon is rough!
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 08:22:12 PM »

I don't know why people keep saying that I discounted votes.  I never issued a statement addressing any vote other than that of Everett, and I did not certify the election results.  John Ford was wrong; let's not continue the trend.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 08:25:35 PM »

I think the government should impose a fine of $50 on any candidate that declares for a race and then drops out without completeing his/her term.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 08:27:45 PM »

I think the government should impose a fine of $50 on any candidate that declares for a race and then drops out without completeing his/her term.

So if they were hit by a family bereavement half-way during their term and wished to resign you'd wish to charge them 50 dollars? Smiley
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 08:31:40 PM »

I know you're talking about Naso, but what am I?

I fixed your post.

Thanks brotha.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 12:40:18 AM »

John Ford was pretty much on track to winning, and most definitly would have won had he not dropped out, interestingly to note.

Pretty much on track?  He was leading by three or four votes when he made the announcement, if I remember correctly.  He certainly had a better chance at winning at the time than I did, but it's not as if he already had the election sewn up.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 12:47:16 AM »

Even though I'm not down here anymore, I saw that TD posted and feel I owe him a public apology for basically f'ing him over.  He's a good guy, and deserved better, and as I've indicated in PM the only real regret I have about all this is that TD gets the shaft big time.  I have no regrets about the rest of it, but I regret this one part.

However, for personal reasons and for the reasons Gabu mentioned about what I see as a corrosive environment, I felt I had no real choice, even if I've hurt an innocent person in the process.

For the harm I've caused TD, assuming he sees himself as harmed and he has every right to see himself as harmed, I do apologize to him.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 07:30:42 AM »

Even though I'm not down here anymore, I saw that TD posted and feel I owe him a public apology for basically f'ing him over.  He's a good guy, and deserved better, and as I've indicated in PM the only real regret I have about all this is that TD gets the shaft big time.  I have no regrets about the rest of it, but I regret this one part.

However, for personal reasons and for the reasons Gabu mentioned about what I see as a corrosive environment, I felt I had no real choice, even if I've hurt an innocent person in the process.

For the harm I've caused TD, assuming he sees himself as harmed and he has every right to see himself as harmed, I do apologize to him.

Thank you for that apology.  I was actually in Boston the whole weekend, so I didn't find out about it until I came back.  I might have been able to do some damage control, but whatever.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 01:39:31 PM »

Pretty much on track?  He was leading by three or four votes when he made the announcement, if I remember correctly.  He certainly had a better chance at winning at the time than I did, but it's not as if he already had the election sewn up.
Considering that Al wouldn't have deleted his vote, at the very least, putting the election to a tie, and then that would be settled with who has the majority of first preferences, which Ford had, Ford would have most definitly won.  And that disregards the people who later voted for you that might have voted for Ford had he not already dropped out.  And that disregardes the chance of Dazzleman's and thefactor's votes being counted.

So just keep that in mind.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »

This election was Ford's to loose from the moment he declared and Joe pulled out. He would have won had votes not been edited and as Preston said, the momentum had remained if he hadn't dropped out. Change a few votes and True Democrat would have came back after the weekend to find himself as President elect!
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2006, 10:58:50 PM »

putting the election to a tie, and then that would be settled with who has the majority of first preferences, which Ford had, Ford would have most definitly won.

No, by law it would have gone into a runoff.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies