If Trump was a Democrat, would he received this much negative media narrative?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:15:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If Trump was a Democrat, would he received this much negative media narrative?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If Trump was a Democrat, would he received this much negative media narrative?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: If Trump was a Democrat, would he received this much negative media narrative?  (Read 2294 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2020, 08:26:01 PM »

The mainstream media would be leading the cheers for their great leader in the White House.  This would be counterbalanced somewhat by negative flak from conservative Talk Radio and Podcasts, as well as conservative Social Media.

That people post otherwise is clear evidence of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  To deny the leftist bias of the bulk of the MSM takes a good deal of self-deception. 
GlobeSoc
The walrus

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2020, 08:24:26 AM »

The mainstream media would be leading the cheers for their great leader in the White House.  This would be counterbalanced somewhat by negative flak from conservative Talk Radio and Podcasts, as well as conservative Social Media.

That people post otherwise is clear evidence of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  To deny the leftist bias of the bulk of the MSM takes a good deal of self-deception. 

Yes I love the leftist bias in the media. The constant praise they heap on Bernie Sanders is so rewarding to see and they always give a message of hope that things are possible to change in big ways Smiley Smiley Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2020, 08:41:29 AM »

Al Franken
Katie Hill

Thus saith the Lord!
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2020, 08:51:10 AM »

Al Franken
Katie Hill

Thus saith the Lord!

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2020/04/04/how-to-weigh-an-allegation-of-assault-against-joe-biden
How to weigh an allegation of assault against Joe Biden
Democrats who thought Brett Kavanaugh should not be on the Supreme Court are ignoring Mr Biden’s accuser
The most striking thing about Ms Reade’s story may be the silence with which it has been greeted—particularly from some of those who argued that a sexual-assault allegation should disqualify Brett Kavanaugh from the Supreme Court. That may stem partly from the difficulty of vetting her story. There were no witnesses, though Ms Reade says she told her brother and a friend. But Mr Biden may have to answer questions eventually. Donald Trump’s supporters may wave away dozens of allegations of sexual misconduct and assault. Mr Biden probably does not have that luxury.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2020, 09:17:58 AM »

Al Franken
Katie Hill

Thus saith the Lord!

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2020/04/04/how-to-weigh-an-allegation-of-assault-against-joe-biden
How to weigh an allegation of assault against Joe Biden
Democrats who thought Brett Kavanaugh should not be on the Supreme Court are ignoring Mr Biden’s accuser
The most striking thing about Ms Reade’s story may be the silence with which it has been greeted—particularly from some of those who argued that a sexual-assault allegation should disqualify Brett Kavanaugh from the Supreme Court. That may stem partly from the difficulty of vetting her story. There were no witnesses, though Ms Reade says she told her brother and a friend. But Mr Biden may have to answer questions eventually. Donald Trump’s supporters may wave away dozens of allegations of sexual misconduct and assault. Mr Biden probably does not have that luxury.

How are the allegations being ignored?  We all know about them.

I think many scandals (real or otherwise) are going to be washed over right now, however, and understandably so.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2020, 09:25:46 AM »

Of course not,...it'd be even worse.

The media always lets the GOP off the hook like cartoon villains. They never ask them how sh^% is going to be paid for.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2020, 12:55:47 PM »

Al Franken
Katie Hill

Thus saith the Lord!

Al Franken did things on camera, and was done in by #MeToo. 

Katie Hill wasn't done in by the media; she was done in by Nancy Pelosi, who didn't want any unavoidable narrative in the media getting in the way of "bigger things".  If Katie Hill had stayed in office, her whole matter would have died down.  And, in truth, it wasn't the sort of thing that was cause for an immediate resignation.  There was nothing Katie Hill did that couldn't be cured at the November, 2020 ballot box, or the primary before it.  Pelosi, however, didn't want that; she wanted to retain the newly gained seat in a Special Election, and forced Hill out.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 12:40:54 AM »

Of course, except even worse as Fox would have unrelentingly savaged his corruption instead of uncompromisingly defending him.

What a stupid victim-mentality question.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2020, 02:25:27 AM »

Liberals are much less tolerant of political rogues than are right-wing authoritarians. Trump is a right-wing authoritarian, a near-fascist devoid of empathy, integrity, and wisdom.

Right-wing authoritarians are more likely to defend a malign figure in politics out of fear of what happens when such a leader loses political power. Liberals are likely to press the wayward pol to resign... and to prosecute the rogue for civil violations as a warning. (I am not going to say anything about left-wing authoritarians such as Stalin and Mao, as they typically take on reactionary inhumanity as they become increasingly entrenched in power).

Just look at the extreme. Think of a real slime-ball, someone who staged a violent coup against a state government in which people get killed. He writes a cranky diatribe while in prison for his leadership of that coup, and in that tome he expresses visceral hatred toward the definitive model minority and asserts that he can recover some lost glory that the current leadership of 'his' country sees as irrelevant. He tells people what they want to hear, telling people that they can enjoy an agrarian paradise... well, such people 'not his' will have to be pushed aside and dispossessed. Eight years after the bungled coup that should have made him a laughing stock he is kissing up to big landowners whose treatment of farm laborers as near-serfs and to plutocrats to whom he says he will suppress labor unions and drive wages to abysmal levels while giving the economic elites all power to exploit workers. In two years this man is the all-powerful leader of his country and he has the power of life and death over everyone...

You know who he is. 
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2020, 07:37:04 AM »

Trump isn't facing a "negative media narrative" in a vacuum. If Barack Obama had whittled away three months downplaying the virus as a public health concern instead of taking decisive action, and then played states against each other for vital resources instead of leading, all while downplaying the advice of infectious disease and medicinal experts in order to tout the knowledge of non-expert family members, yes, there would have been justified and intense backlash that hopefully would've been shared by journalists and regular citizens alike. It is frankly extremely alarming that the same has not yet happened to Trump. The fact that the basic tenets of medicinal science have now become partisan issues, joining the integrity of our elections and our system of checks and balances, shows you how nihilistic and dangerous the right wing has become.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2020, 09:23:34 AM »

No, but only because a democrat wouldn't have dismantled the pandemic response team, wasted weeks labeling the crisis a 'hoax', peddled false narratives of the disease going away, contradicted public health officials or promoted quack 'cures'
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2020, 03:19:21 AM »

If Trump was a Dem, he would be smart enough to put Jerome Adams as Veep instead of Pence, who contributes only 5 percent of minority support
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2020, 09:38:36 AM »

Of course. And he would have been removed from office over Ukraine nearly unanimously, if not sooner.

Schumer and Pelosi would have met with him privately, told him this would happen if he tried to remain in office and fight it out, and he would have resigned.
Higgins
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2020, 12:19:27 PM »

No, frankly, he wouldn't. Hating Trump is a cottage industry. I'm still waiting for the Nazi-esque takeover, suspension of democracy, and death camps I was told about in 2016.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2020, 02:50:37 PM »

Why did that happen. I think, because US has the worst click-bate media and ORANGE MAN BAD™ gives best ratings  Devil

Or maybe it's because Orange Man is bad.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2020, 02:55:44 PM »

No, frankly, he wouldn't. Hating Trump is a cottage industry. I'm still waiting for the Nazi-esque takeover, suspension of democracy, and death camps I was told about in 2016.

Bahahahahaha!

No, seriously though, STFU.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2020, 05:04:35 PM »

Maybe a little less, but he certainly would have come under fire in the primaries for his idiotic behavior.
Higgins
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2020, 06:36:57 PM »

Bahahahahaha!

I was ASSURED back in 2016 by people like yourself (the "ALL OUTRAGE, ALL THE TIME, IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME, WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS" folks) there would be death camps by now and that this country would look like Germany in the 1930s. That "people of color" would be being exterminated, and Trump would get rid of democracy and install himself as a dictator. I'm still waiting on that to happen. I view Orange Man as meh, not Orange Man Bad though.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2020, 06:45:39 PM »

Bahahahahaha!

I was ASSURED back in 2016 by people like yourself (the "ALL OUTRAGE, ALL THE TIME, IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME, WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS" folks) there would be death camps by now and that this country would look like Germany in the 1930s. That "people of color" would be being exterminated, and Trump would get rid of democracy and install himself as a dictator. I'm still waiting on that to happen. I view Orange Man as meh, not Orange Man Bad though.

No amount of hyperbole neutralizes the actual horrors that have unfolded from this administration. It has been as bad as realistically expected, if not worse.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies