Speech and such
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:11:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Speech and such
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speech and such  (Read 632 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2006, 06:39:52 AM »

Well it appears, unless any court cases reverse the result, that I have won the Presidential election and will be continuing my service as President into the next month.  I'll ignore being formal today; there are a lot of people I'd like to thank (in no particular order):

- Everyone who voted.  Regardless of how you voted or how uninformed you were when you made that vote, you took part in our election process and helped keep this nation alive for another four months, regardless of whatever scream mayhem threads people are posting.  If you're new and find the choas surprising, it's fairly similar to what happened in the October election, except without a secession crisis and civil war (yet).  Nothing to get worked up over.

- John Ford.  I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed running against you, but you were a credible and competent opponent - you certainly would have been an extremely competent president had you chosen to stay in the game.

- True Democrat.  I like you True Dem, and I apologize if I hurt your feelings during the campaign.  I'm sure this will be a lot of shock when you return from your school trip, so I won't bother you with anything else for now.

- Q.  When I chose my running mate I chose someone that I like personally and someone that I can work with well.  I liked working with him when he was Senator of the Southeast and I was Senator for District 4, and I'm sure he'll be an excellent Vice President.  We both know that accusations that you were rigging the election were/are completely unfounded, and the subtle implications of some of the people who didn't support us were pretty low, but life moves on.

- MHS2002.  Special thanks for accepting the DSoFA job so that I could pick Q as my running mate in good conscience.

- Joe Republic.  Thanks for making me VP, again.  I can't say how much I appreciated it enough, especially after I had opposed your ticket back in October.  Good luck with whatever you're doing these days, if you ever read this.

- TCash101.  I don't know what we'd be doing now if you hadn't accepted my Chief Justice offer. Smiley  Still looking for the right person to fill that second vacancy...

- Htmldon.  I misjudged you and I thank you for allowing our feud to end after all of these months.  You have a strong moral compass.  (And your taste in TV shows remains excellent.)

- Emsworth, for being supportive of me and putting up with all of the various attacks he had to go through in the October election and the more recent short-lived Senatorial bid.  You have been my inspiration as Vice President.

- Harry, for choosing me as your running mate back in June '05.  Wouldn't be where I am today without you.

- Alcon, just for being cool.  (Despite your evil fascism as moderator.)

- Brandon H, Bono, Peter Bell.  I appreciate your friendship to me over the last few months.  It's helped a lot.

Now, for the people who I don't want to thank:

(Just kidding.  Unless there's demand for it.)

On a final note, good luck to the rest of our elected officials, particularly our new Senator-elects.  I look forward to working with all of you in the next Senate session.  I must warn the Senate, however, that I am slightly more veto-prone than the standard set by recent Presidents, so don't try to do anything crazy like repeal the activity requirements. Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 06:46:00 AM »

Very nice speech, Dan.

But you forgot to thank ILikeVerin and PBrunsel. Angry
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 06:55:17 AM »

You forgot to thank me for editing my vote Wink
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 08:30:27 AM »

Best of luck Smiley. I'll say this:

Whenever you and I are on common ground, I'll support you; however, whenever we aren't I won't (especially if your policies run counter to the socio-economic interests of my District)

My door is open Smiley. I extend you my best wishes

Dave
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 08:54:15 AM »

I think what Atlasia needs now is honesty, so I won't sugar coat what I say next. Mr President; I didn't like your campaign style, I had concerns about your policies, you didn't get my vote and I would be lying if I said I was glad that you won.

Having said that, you are the President, the Commander in Chief and you have my support. I urge you to be an open, honest and effective President, to work with the institutions in Atlasia but also to stand up for the interests of the people, when their rights are threatened. As Governor of the Mideast I would do the very same. Your mandate to govern is slight; but no President for a long time has had any mandate. I ask for you to look into concerns people had over the voting system and the conduct of this election and to address them so that in four months we do not encounter the same problems as before. Keep the economy afloat, protect the rights of individual citizens and protect our interests abroad and history will treat you well Smiley So best of luck and congratulations. It's a long road ahead.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 09:00:09 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. President-Elect. It was an honor to be able to vote for you. I greatly look forward to your administration (although, in a sense, it has already begun).

Congratulations also to Vice President-Elect Q. I'm sorry that you couldn't win the Vice Presidency in October, but it's nice to see you win office now.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 09:18:56 AM »

Congratulations Ebowed. I have the utmost confidence in your upcoming Administration. Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 09:31:04 AM »

A parent is always overjoyed when his child accomplishes something he never could.  You and I could be said to be analagous to that  Or something like that.... Wink

So, yeah, the ultimate in congratulation...I know you'll do great.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 10:16:21 AM »

Congragulations Mr. President! 
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 10:38:33 AM »

"No man who has ever held the office of President would ever congratulate another on attaining it."
- John Adams
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 12:04:20 PM »

"No man who has ever held the office of President would ever congratulate another on attaining it."
- John Adams

Good Call PB.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 01:00:35 PM »

Congratulations.
Bdub
Brandon W
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 02:45:33 PM »

Congrats Ebowed Smiley
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 03:18:32 PM »

Excellent race! Best of luck with your administration, and, yes, get us that third Justice, please.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 03:57:57 PM »

Congrats Ebowed and Q, I wish you the best in your new administration.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 06:13:03 PM »

Congratulations, and guess what Q - now we get to argue over Atlasian Law some more. Wink
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 06:34:44 PM »

Congratulations, and guess what Q - now we get to argue over Atlasian Law some more. Wink

I personally think we made a great team. Smiley  I hope that we'll be able to work together to bring about real change now.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 06:36:09 PM »

I personally think we made a great team. Smiley  I hope that we'll be able to bring about real change now, rather than having to decipher what we've alrady got.

Yes, we worked professionally together solving the Everett Enigma, didn't we? Wink And I fully agree with your sentimets - check my Victory Speech for my first idea. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies