Does ex-Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens have a future in or outside MO?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:15:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Does ex-Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens have a future in or outside MO?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does ex-Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens have a future in or outside MO?  (Read 1047 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2020, 12:40:58 PM »

The ex-Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens will be 46 in April. He was born in 1974, he is young, he is still ambitious.

They were signs of a comeback in 2020, Gov. Mike Parson says he will not run again in 2024 if he wins a full term in 2020, which he is favored.

Greitens would be 50 in 2024, still young, still ambitious despite the corruption and the extramarital affairs.

Does he have a future outside Missouri?

He is still on TV.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1396498820558747

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/a-greitens-comeback-supporters-of-the-ex-missouri-governor-are/article_e3a51eca-0053-5942-87ab-5635b1f20a92.html
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 12:46:20 PM »

My guess would be; tries to run again, does well in initial polling, then another scandal comes out and he collapses. Like Anthony Weiner or David Vitter.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 12:56:26 PM »

My guess would be; tries to run again, does well in initial polling, then another scandal comes out and he collapses. Like Anthony Weiner or David Vitter.

Again, like Blagojevich, McGreevey, Edwards, etc. Greitens has charisma.

Charismatic people draw into others.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 01:00:13 PM »

Bad politics. Bad politician. Bad person.

Nevertheless, his future surely involves landing on his feet as a lobbyist for somebody.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 01:09:05 PM »

When did Blagojevich or McGreevey make a comeback?

Edwards is Louisiana. If Greitens was Governor of Louisiana I’d be more inclined to say he had a shot.

Also I don’t think Greitens is really as charismatic as any of them, even if he were what he’s accused of is something most people will find harder to get past. 
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 01:44:23 PM »

I think his future looks a lot more like Vitter or John Edwards than Anthony Wiener, but I don't think he has any real chance of attaining high office again. At best, he'll be a Mark Sanford and get a safe seat somewhere.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 02:21:25 PM »

Erotic Eric? Doubtful this guy gets anywhere close to elected office again. Eliot Spitzer got rejected for doing far less when he run for New York City Comptroller in 2013 (which is quite pathetic for an ex-governor).
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 04:12:56 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2020, 04:17:37 PM by EastOfEden »

lol nope

At least, not in Missouri ever again. By late April of 2018 his approval rating had sunk to 33% - as a sharply anti-establishment, very "Trumpian" Republican in a state that Trump won by 19 points. There were no polls in May, but by the time of his resignation it must have been under 30%. He's the butt of jokes here, if he's even mentioned at all anymore. Most seem very happy to forget about him.

He'll probably end up a corporate lobbyist somewhere.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 06:37:22 PM »

Edwards is Louisiana. If Greitens was Governor of Louisiana I’d be more inclined to say he had a shot.

Also I don’t think Greitens is really as charismatic as any of them, even if he were what he’s accused of is something most people will find harder to get past. 

Another thing is Edwin Edwards had a much larger presence in Louisiana than any of these other guys had in their respective states.

Edwin Edwards was a long serving former governor who was popular with African Americans and Cajuns.

Edwards managed to make a comeback because A) he was Edwin Edwards AND B) he was running against David Duke.

Greitens and Blago are done. They'll just be remembered for their scandals and that's it. When that's the first thing that comes to a voter's mind they won't vote for you.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 08:10:03 PM »

Never, & based on their inclusion, I'm willing to bet that, by "Edwards," bronz meant John of NC (who's obviously more well known & also never made a comeback), not Edwin of LA.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 11:55:27 AM »

Never, & based on their inclusion, I'm willing to bet that, by "Edwards," bronz meant John of NC (who's obviously more well known & also never made a comeback), not Edwin of LA.

Both John and Edwin Edwards.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 12:00:11 PM »

Both John and Edwin Edwards.

Okay? John still never made a comeback.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 06:03:38 PM »

Dunno about obvious, Edwin was a governor like the other 3.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies