Joe Biden wins the 2020 Presidential Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:30:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Joe Biden wins the 2020 Presidential Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Poll
Question: Do you want me to continue this TL?
Yes!

Yes, but a quick rap up.

Eh, don't care either way

No, move on to something different.

Nah

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Joe Biden wins the 2020 Presidential Election  (Read 46054 times)
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2020, 06:05:23 PM »

Can’t believe an election contest is this prebaked; I bet there will be a West Wing kind of upheaval that throws election into question. Harris sounds too brittle, & is set for a crisis.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2020, 09:50:52 AM »
« Edited: October 18, 2020, 02:59:42 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Sep. 30, 2024: First Presidential Debate:

Wikimedia Commons

Winner: Harris
Loser: Pence

Highlights: The first Presidential Debate was very contentious and a huge win for the Democratic nominee, Vice President Kamala Harris. Harris attacked Pence on his record as Governor of Indiana and later Vice President, under President Trump. Harris attacked Pence on his record with gay rights and conversion therapy. Pence tried to defend himself and also attack Harris but most believe that he failed at this. Pence also attacked President Biden and Kamala's record as Biden's Vice President. Pence attacked the Biden administration's progressive stances and bills. Political pundits believe that Pence seemed out of touch compared to Harris and the Democrats. Many also believed that Pence was not advocating for the majority of Americans and was way too conservative compared to the majority of the country. Candidates also debated climate change which also was a huge success for Vice President Harris. Harris said that we need to come together to fight climate change before it is too late. Pence did not deny climate change but made it like the Democrats and liberals are exaggerating and climate change is not actually that dangerous and a threat.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2020, 09:53:24 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2020, 08:35:52 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Oct. 1, 2024: General Election Polling

Harris/Buttigieg vs. Pence/Ernst

Kamala D. Harris/Peter P.M. Buttigieg: 391 (51.4%, +10.5%)
Michael R. Pence/Joni K. Ernst: 147 (40.9%, -10.5%)
Junior Chimp

« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2020, 02:18:52 PM »

Pence is losing in a landslide BUT what about the Senate. Even if Harris wins big the Democrats do not have a lot of targets. Florida maybe but I doubt Rick Scott is going to lose being a former 2-Time Governor in the State. The Dems do not have a big bench there.

And they also won't beat Mike Brown in Indiana even with Buttigieg on the Ticket or Cramer in ND, Hawley in MO.

Meanwhile they have to defend Seats in Montana (Tester) and West Virginia (Manchin) assuming he did run for Reelection. If he choose to retire that's a safe Pick Up for Republicans with Rep. McKinney or Rep. Mooney or Rep. Miller.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2020, 03:46:26 PM »

Oct. 10, 2024: Vice Presidential Debate:

Wikimedia Commons

Winner: Buttigieg
Loser: Ernst

Highlights: The 2024 Vice Presidential Debate was a substantial win for the Democrat, ambassador to the United Nations, Pete Buttigieg. The debate was held in another key swing state, North Carolina. The debate was held at the University of North Carolina in Charlotte. Various topics were brought up including the Biden administration and progressive stances taken. Ernst attacked Buttigieg and his record as mayor of South Bend and Ambassador to the United Nations. These attacks overall seemed petty to most voters and in the end, Pete was able to repel the attacks. Ernst to many seemed boring and rude in the debate. She kept interrupting Buttigieg and seemed to ignore the questions being asked by the moderates at the debate. One significant question and topic that was brought up at the debate was about climate change and the dangerous that it poses. Pete answered first and called climate change the "most dangerous threat to modern society since the cold war." Pete also brought up former Vice President Mike Pence's response to the question and how he downplayed the issue. Ernst differed with Pence but her response was short and seemed ingenuine to many.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2020, 04:29:30 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2020, 08:36:51 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Oct. 13, 2024: Scandal on Harris' record as prosecutor and Attorney General resurfaces

Wikimedia Commons

Breaking News. A lot of new information has come out about Harris' record as a prosecutor in San Francisco and Attorney General of California have just came out. Harris was very tough on crime and often would not presume innocence on defendants both as a prosecutor and the highest law enforcer in the largest state in the United States, California. It came out during the Democratic primary in late 2019 that Harris was very tough on crime, but not much information came out about it at the time. More has just come out. Harris would try to keep a wide range of convicted individuals behind bars rather than allowing them new and fair trials. Harris kept individuals in jail when new evidence showed that those might have actually been innocent. Reports and testimonies have shown that Harris would not ask for all possible evidence in a trial. Harris' record is very controversial and this is likely to hurt her in the general election in three weeks on November 5th.

Many Democrats have raised concern about this including New York Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and former Vermont Independent Senator Bernie Sanders, but have said that they are still supporting Harris for President in 2024, and will vote for her. More moderate and establishment Democrats like Senate Majority Leader Schumer, New Jersey Senator Booker and President Biden have announced that they still support Harris for President and her record as Senator from California and Vice President show that she is progressive and totally qualified to be the 47th President of the United States. The Republican Presidential and Vice President Nominees, Pence and Ernst have both spoke on the issue. Pence said, "The Democrats are hypocrites. The say that they advocate for equality but they do not. Harris is corrupt and not qualified to be President. She would continue the corrupt policies of the Biden administration and would continue to divide our great country. I am confident that our great citizens will see this and on November 5th, will elect me as President." Vice President Harris spoke on the issue and defended her record. Harris stated, "I am proud of my record as a progressive prosecutor from San Francisco and as the Attorney General of California. The reports that have came out are not true. I've always been a progressive advocate for civil rights and police reform. Mike Pence, Joni Ernst, and the other various Republicans who have attacked me as a political ploy. As President, I will always advocate in the best interests of the United States, as I have for my entire political career including as Senator of California and your Vice President for the last four years."

Oct. 15, 2024: General Election Polling

Kamala D. Harris/Peter P.M. Buttigieg: 275 (48.7%, +3.3%)
Michael R. Pence/Joni K. Ernst: 263 (45.4%, -3.3%)
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2020, 05:16:49 PM »

I HIGHLY doubt Bernie would withdraw his support, especially since all of this has been in the public eye for over 5 years ITTL. Also, a polling shift that big is unlikely for an old scandal like this, Democrats would not withdraw their support because of this.

This is teetering on the edge of being unrealistic...
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2020, 05:24:49 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2020, 05:28:01 PM by mrappaport1220 »

I HIGHLY doubt Bernie would withdraw his support, especially since all of this has been in the public eye for over 5 years ITTL. Also, a polling shift that big is unlikely for an old scandal like this, Democrats would not withdraw their support because of this.

Yes, I think you are right that Bernie & AOC would not withdraw their support. I'll change that.

But, I do think a polling shift is not too unlikely. Harris is a controversial figure and progressive Democrats and even some independent might not come out to vote in the 2024 General Election, especially in various swing states across the country, especially among the African American community in states like North Carolina and Georgia.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2020, 05:44:56 PM »

This is the crisis I referred to in an earlier post, one in which will demonstrate her fragility & Pence will exploit these vulnerabilities; the latest polling data indicates a weakness. This is the perfect storm!
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2020, 06:20:28 PM »

Oct. 13, 2024: Scandal on Harris' record as prosecutor and Attorney General resurfaces

Wikimedia Commons

Breaking News. A lot of new information has come out about Harris' record as a prosecutor in San Francisco and Attorney General of California have just came out. Harris was very tough on crime and often would not presume innocence on defendants both as a prosecutor and the highest law enforcer in the largest state in the United States, California. It came out during the Democratic primary in late 2019 that Harris was very tough on crime, but not much information came out about it at the time. More has just come out. Harris would try to keep a wide range of convicted individuals behind bars rather than allowing them new and fair trials. Harris kept individuals in jail when new evidence showed that those might have actually been innocent. Reports and testimonies have shown that Harris would not ask for all possible evidence in a trial. Harris' record is very controversial and this is likely to hurt her in the general election in three weeks on November 5th.

This timeline is now looking quite unlikely.  Biden's vetting team (in real life) would spot any such scandals from a mile away, and with greater access to that information than any muckraking journalist.  And I highly doubt Trump or Pence's minions in 2020 would let juicy morsels like this slip by them.    
Junior Chimp

« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2020, 06:25:59 PM »

Yes, I think you are right that Bernie & AOC would not withdraw their support. I'll change that.

But, I do think a polling shift is not too unlikely. Harris is a controversial figure and progressive Democrats and even some independent might not come out to vote in the 2024 General Election, especially in various swing states across the country, especially among the African American community in states like North Carolina and Georgia.
I think with that controversy Harris will lose GA, NC, FL so you are spot on with the Map.
However the only way Pence can win would be peeing of either Minnesota or Michigan.

Harris' Controversy DOES LIMIT Democrats winning Senate Seats (their only realistic Pick Up is FL) and they could very well lose West Virginia (Manchin, assuming he is running for Reection) and Montana (Tester assuming he is running as well).

Harris could face a Republican House and Senate. That Scandal coming out so close to the Election isn't very good. Reminds me of Comey in 2016.  
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2020, 08:47:57 PM »

Wikimedia Commons

This timeline is now looking quite unlikely.  Biden's vetting team (in real life) would spot any such scandals from a mile away, and with greater access to that information than any muckraking journalist.  And I highly doubt Trump or Pence's minions in 2020 would let juicy morsels like this slip by them.   

Yes, that could be true but I do think it is possible that something could come out sometime after. In real life, this could happen, the Biden administration could have known something and maybe thought that it was not as bad as it actually was, or something like that.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2020, 06:27:38 AM »

It seems that Harris didn’t follow due diligence in her duties & was more interested in getting easy prosecutions to strengthen her law & order credentials. Chickens are coming home to roost!
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2020, 07:03:04 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2020, 04:44:05 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Oct. 17, 2024: Second Presidential Debate:

Wikimedia Commons

Winner: Pence
Loser: Harris

Highlights: The second Presidential debate was a huge win for former Vice President Mike Pence. The most common topic discussed at the debate was Harris' record as a prosecutor in San Francisco, and as Attorney General of California. A huge scandal came out four days ago on October 13th, 2024 about Harris' record. Many Democrats raised concern and Harris' poll numbers dropped considerably. The race which at one point seemed to be a lock for Vice President Harris, is now very competitive the former Vice President Pence and the current Vice President Harris. Harris had a hard time responding to the questions by the moderators which Pence capitalized on. Pence attacked Harris on her record and the hypocrisy of the Democratic Party, reaffirmed by Harris' recent scandal. Harris tried to defend herself but it seemed non genuine and an excuse for her past actions. Other topics were discussed at the debate including health care and climate change, but they were minor in contrast to Harris' scandal. Both Harris and Pence interrupted each other and spoke over their time limit. Harris' failure in the debate to defend her record and Pence's ability to capitalize on Harris' mistakes, made the debate an undisputed win for the former Vice President. The second Presidential debate will help Pence in the polls and actually might lead to Pence leading for the first time in the campaign against Harris in the Electoral College.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2020, 07:47:52 PM »

All of a sudden, Pence has a good chance to win the race!
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2020, 08:04:59 PM »

All of a sudden, Pence has a good chance to win the race!

ew...not Pence
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2020, 08:48:52 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2020, 09:01:40 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Oct. 19, 2024: General Election Polling

Michael R. Pence/Joni K. Ernst: 298 (46.5%, -1.0%)
Kamala D. Harris/Peter P.M. Buttigieg: 240 (47.5%, +1.0%)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2020, 09:06:31 PM »

God dammit, of course this is the timeline where Harris blows it.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2020, 09:12:36 PM »

It will be 313-225 with MI also going for Pence along with all the states already listed for Pence. Calling it.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2020, 02:45:16 PM »

I think Harris still wins it narrowly BUT Republicans regaining the Senate with West Virginia and Montana and holding Florida.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2020, 08:45:50 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2020, 08:59:17 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Oct. 28, 2024: Third Presidential Debate:

Wikimedia Commons

Winner: Harris
Loser: Pence

Highlights:The Third Presidential Debate was a slight win for Vice President Kamala Harris. Harris overall spoke better than Pence in the debate. Pence attacked Harris in this debate unlike in the second debate, the attacks to most seemed repetitive. Harris did not do a great job defending her record but Pence also did not perform well. Harris defended her record and stated, "I'm proud of my record as a prosecutor and Attorney General of California. I am also very proud of my record as Senator of California and Vice President of the United States. A vote for the Republicans in this election is a vote for the failed and corrupt Trump administration. I am confident that Americans will see through this and will elect me as the 47th President of the United States!" In this debate, other topics were also discussed more in this debate, like Climate Change, Gun Violence, and Foreign Policy. Overall, when these topics were discussed, Vice President Harris performed well and did better than Pence. Harris spoke about gun violence and the need for new reform to fix the issue, while Pence avoided the question while angered many voters. Harris in this debate doubled down on her record and said that she was proud of it. Pence again attacked Harris, which overall was not successful as many believe that Pence's record as Governor of Indiana, is nothing to rave about. In all, the Third Presidential Debate was a win for Vice President Harris over former Vice President Pence.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2020, 09:26:19 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2020, 09:32:46 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Nov. 1, 2024: General Election Polling

Michael R. Pence/Joni K. Ernst: 282 (46.6%, -2.5%)
Kamala D. Harris/Peter P.M. Buttigieg: 256 (49.1%, +2.5%)
Junior Chimp

« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2020, 09:48:33 PM »

Looks like Harris lost too much Ground with her Scandal. She did get Arizona & New Hampshire back from Pence after her Debate Win but that might not be enough. Will anyone concede on Election Night. There could be lawsuits and Recounts all over the place here. Pence strength in the Midwest is now playing obvious dividends.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2020, 09:49:51 PM »

Here's hoping Pepe Silvia jumps off the electric fence.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2020, 10:47:54 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2020, 07:14:50 AM by mrappaport1220 »

Nov. 5, 2024: Election Results (10:00)

President

Michael R. Pence/Joni K. Ernst: 150
Kamala D. Harris/Peter P.M. Buttigieg: 131

Senate