Joe Biden wins the 2020 Presidential Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:12:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Joe Biden wins the 2020 Presidential Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Poll
Question: Do you want me to continue this TL?
Yes!

Yes, but a quick rap up.

Eh, don't care either way

No, move on to something different.

Nah

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Joe Biden wins the 2020 Presidential Election  (Read 45641 times)
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2020, 11:12:06 AM »
« edited: January 08, 2021, 07:51:49 PM by Mark Kelly Democrat »

Joe Biden wins the 2020 Election

Nov. 3, 2020: Election Results

President

Joseph R. Biden Jr./Kamala D. Harris: 290 √
Donald J. Trump/Michael R. Pence: 248

Competitive States:

Arizona Presidential Race: 11 Electoral Votes (FLIP)
Biden: 49.7% √
Trump*: 48.5%

Colorado Presidential Race: 9 Electoral Votes
Biden: 53.3% √
Trump*: 45.9%

Florida Presidential Race: 29 Electoral Votes
Trump*: 49.4% √
Biden: 49.1%

Georgia Presidential Race: 16 Electoral Votes
Trump*: 50.0% √
Biden: 45.8%

Iowa Presidential Race: 6 Electoral Votes
Trump*: 50.5% √
Biden: 45.4%

Maine's Second District Presidential Race: 1/4 Electoral Votes
Trump*: 48.9% √
Biden: 46.8%

Michigan Presidential Race: 16 Electoral Votes (FLIP)
Biden: 49.3% √
Trump*: 46.2%

Minnesota Presidential Race: 10 Electoral Votes
Biden: 51.2% √
Trump *: 44.8%

Nebraska's Second District Presidential Race: 1/5 Electoral Votes
Biden: 48.2% √
Trump*: 47.0%

Nevada Presidential Race: 6 Electoral Votes
Biden: 50.3% √
Trump*: 45.0%

New Hampshire Presidential Race: 4 Electoral Votes
Biden: 50.0% √
Trump*: 45.9%

North Carolina Presidential Race: 15 Electoral Votes
Trump*: 48.6% √
Biden: 47.5%

Ohio Presidential Race: 18 Electoral Votes
Trump*: 49.2% √
Biden: 46.1%

Pennsylvania Presidential Race: 20 Electoral Votes (FLIP)
Biden: 49.2% √
Trump*: 46.8%

Texas Presidential Race: 38 Electoral Votes
Trump*: 50.9% √
Biden: 44.9%

Virginia Presidential Race: 13 Electoral Votes
Biden: 51.2% √
Trump*: 43.9%

Wisconsin Presidential Race: 10 Electoral Votes (FLIP)
Biden: 47.9% √
Trump*: 46.9%

Senate

Democrats: 50* (+3) √
Republicans: 50 (-3)

*Sen. Sanders (I-VT) and King (I-ME) caucus with Democrats

Competitive Races:

Alabama Senate Race: (FLIP)
Tuberville: 53.8% √
Jones*: 45.3%

Arizona Senate Race: (FLIP)
Kelly: 50.3% √
McSally*: 47.9%

Colorado Senate Race: (FLIP)
Hickenlooper: 52.5% √
Gardner*: 45.9%

Georgia Senate Race:
Perdue*: 52.8% √
Ossoff: 46.0%

Georgia Special Senate Race:
Collins: 51.2% √
Lieberman: 48.8%

Iowa Senate Race:
Ernst*: 49.6% √
Greenfield: 48.3%

Kansas Senate Race:
Kobach: 47.7% √
Bollier: 47.1%

Kentucky Senate Race:
McConnell*: 54.0% √
McGrath: 44.3%

Maine Senate Race: (FLIP)
Gideon: 49.4% √
Collins*: 47.9%

Michigan Senate Race:
Peters*: 53.5% √
James: 46.2%

Minnesota Senate Race:
Smith*: 55.3% √
Lewis: 44.0%

Montana Senate Race:
Daines*: 49.8% √
Bullock: 49.5%

New Hampshire Senate Race:
Shaheen*: 55.3% √
Bolduc: 43.6%

North Carolina Senate Race: (FLIP)
Cunningham: 48.6% √
Tillis*: 48.3%

Texas Senate Race:
Cornyn*: 53.2% √
Hegar: 45.8%

House of Representatives

Wikimedia Commons

Democrats: 233 (-2) √
Republicans: 202 (+3)

Governor

Republicans: 27 (+1)√
Democrats: 23 (-1)

Competitive Races:

Montana Governor Race: (FLIP)
Gianforte: 48.4% √
Cooney: 48.1%

New Hampshire Governor Race:
Sununu*: 52.1% √
Feltes: 46.5%

North Carolina Governor Race:
Cooper*: 50.3% √
Forest: 47.2%

Vermont Governor Race:
Scott*: 54.2% √
Zuckerman: 45.6%

Nov. 4, 2020: President-Elect Biden declares victory

Wikimedia Commons

Hello and welcome to CNN, I'm Wolf Blitzer. Tonight, Joe Biden and the Democrats won the White House, flipped the Senate, and retained their majority in the House of Representatives. We will now bring you to where President-Elect Biden is speaking at his headquarters in Los Angeles, California.

"Hello, Los Angeles! Tonight, we won big! We won the White House and defeated President Trump! We made history tonight, folks. First, I want to thank some very important people who made this night possible. First, the next Vice President of the United States, the great senator from California, Kamala Harris! I also want to thank my wife, Jill and my two sons, Beau and Hunter. Although, Beau can't be here tonight, he is the soul of our campaign and has been with us through the campaign. I also want to thank our great campaign manager Jen O’Malley Dillon and everyone else who worked for or volunteered for our campaign!

Together, we will unite our great country. I will be the President for all Americans, including all Democrats. Republicans, and Independents. We will bring change that is badly needed and I will work with both Democrats and Republicans in the Senate and in the House of Representatives. We will work to improve the lives of every American and to ensure that every American can succeed. Finally, I want to thank every American for making this possible.

God Bless America!"
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 07:50:59 PM »

Isn't this supposed to be reserve for Alternate History? This is what is actually happening.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 02:17:26 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2020, 10:43:53 AM by mrappaport1220 »

Nov. 5, 2020: Vice President Pence concedes

Wikimedia Commons

Pence tweeted two days after Trump and his loss that it is apparent that they have lost. There are reports that Pence is under a lot of scrutiny by President Trump and the Trump Administration. Pence is a viable candidate for the Republican nomination in 2024, among others.

Biden's Cabinet

Vice President:
Kamala Harris (Senator from California)

Secretary of State:
Susan Rice (National Security Adviser under Obama)

Secretary of the Treasury:
Sarah Bloom Raskin (Deputy from Obama)

Secretary of Defense:
Robert O. Work (Deputy from Obama)

Attorney General:
Doug Jones (Senator from Alabama)

Ambassador to United Nations:
Pete Buttigieg (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate)

Secretary of Education:
Kaya Henderson (Former District of Columbia Public Schools Chancellor)

Nov. 10, 2020: President Trump finally concedes

Wikimedia Commons

In a press conference a week after his defeat on Tuesday, November 10th, Trump conceded to President-Elect Biden and declares himself as one of the best president's in America's history. He thanks his Vice President, Mike Pence and everyone else in his cabinet. In his speech, Trump says "On January 20th, 2021, Joe Biden will become President and I will make this transition very swift and easy for everyone involved."

Jan. 3, 2021: 117th United States Congress sworn in

Today on January 3rd, 2021, the 117th Congress will be sworn in. Many new senators and representatives in the house will be sworn in.

New Senators:
Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL)
Sen. Mark Kelly (D-AZ)
Sen. Kevin de León (D-CA)
Sen. John Hickenlooper (D-CO)
Sen. Doug Collins (R-GA)
Sen. Kris Kobach (R-KS)
Sen. Sara Gideon (D-ME)
Sen. Joe Kennedy III (D-MA)
Sen. Ben Ray Luján (D-NM)
Sen. Cal Cunningham (D-NC)
Sen. Bill Hagerty (R-TN)
Sen. Cynthia Lummis (R-WY)

New Governors:
Gov. Greg Gianforte (R-MT)
Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. (R-UT)

Jan. 20, 2021: Inauguration of Joe Biden

Wikimedia Commons

Today, on January 20th, 2021, Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th President of the United States. President Biden speech was very memorable and was approved by the majority of the country.

"Hello, America! I stand here today as the President for all Americans and I am so excited to get to work. Today, marks a turning point in our history as a country! We will bring needed change to our country. I will work on building on Obamacare and a public option for all Americans who want it. Starting right now, we will fight climate change and a better future for all of America. I will work with Congress to get all of this pasted and we will work with our allies around the world........

God Bless America!"

Composition of 117th Congress

Senate

Democrats: 50* √
Republicans: 50

*Sen. Sanders (I-VT) and King (I-ME) caucus with Democrats

President:
Kamala Harris (D-CA)

Majority Leader:
Chuck Schumer (D-NY)

Majority Whip:
Dick Durbin (D-IL)

Minority Leader:
Mitch McConnell (R-KY)

Minority Whip:
John Thune (R-SD)

House of Representatives

Wikimedia Commons

Democrats: 233 √
Republicans: 202

Speaker:
Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

Majority Leader:
Steny Hoyer (D-MD)

Majority Whip:
Jim Clyburn (D-SC)

Minority Leader:
Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)

Minority Whip:
Steve Scalise (R-LA)

Governors

Republicans: 27 √
Democrats: 23
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 07:41:33 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2020, 02:19:16 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Jan. 22, 2021: United States rejoins Paris Agreement

President Joe Biden announced today that the United States will be rejoining the Paris Agreement and will push for climate change legislation in the United States and around the world. President Joe Biden has not endorsed the famous and controversial Green New Deal but one of his administration's top priorities is to stop climate change.

Jan. 25, 2021: Biden's Approval

Approve: 60%
Disapprove: 29%

Feb. 5, 2021: Supreme Court upholds Obamacare

Wikimedia Commons

The Supreme Court has just announced that it will uphold Obamacare. The vote was close with 5 justices voting against the challenge by Republicans, and the other 4 voting in favor of it. The liberal justices: Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen G. Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan all voted against the challenge to uphold Obamacare. Supreme Court Justice John G. Roberts, Jr joined them and voted to uphold Obamacare.

Feb. 15, 2021: Healthcare Public Option

President Biden, Senate Majority Leader Schumer, and House Speaker Pelosi have agreed on a Public Option that would give every American who wants it government-sponsored healthcare. This is different than Medicare for All which Bernie Sanders advocates for because private healthcare still does exist under this plan. The deal is likely to pass both the Senate and the House as both chambers are controlled by Democrats.

Feb. 28, 2021: Public Option passes in the House

Today, Biden's Public Option has passed in the House. The bill was sponsored by Democrats Lucy McBath and Cheri Bustos. The deal received 231 votes, all Democrats. 2 Democrats and all of the 202 Republicans voting against the bill. The bill will now move to the Senate were it is likely to pass.

March. 12, 2021: Paid Family Leave Act passes in the house

Today, Democrats in the House passed the paid family leave act. This would give all Americans a guaranteed 12 weeks of paid family leave if they are pregnant, sick, or caring for a loved one who is sick. This bill was sponsored by Democratic Representatives Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and Donna Shalala (D-FL). The bill passed with 250 votes with all of the 233 Democrats and 17 Republicans voting in favor of it. 185 Republicans voted against it. The bill will now move to the Senate where it is likely to pass.

Mar. 18, 2021: Public Option passes in the Senate and Biden signs it

Biden's Public option passed in the Senate today. The bill was sponsored by Senator Amy Klobuchar and Michael Bennet. Republicans tried to filibuster the bill but eventually gave up realizing that it was likely going to pass but the vote was very close, 50 in favor and 50 against with Vice President Harris breaking the tie. All of the 50 Democrats voted for the bill and all 50 Republicans voting against it.

President Biden also signed the Public option which made the bill federal law. This is huge news and is one of the most progressive bills in United States history.

Apr. 4, 2021: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg retires

Wikimedia Commons

Today, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg announced her retirement. Democrats put a lot of pressure on her to do so because they have control of the Senate.

President Biden will now nominate someone to put onto the nation's highest court. The court is currently in conservative hands and Ginsburg is one of the 4 liberal justices. Biden announced during the 2020 Presidential Primaries that he will nominate a black women to the court. Biden was asked if he willl keep that pledge and he said that he will do so.

Apr. 15, 2021: Paid Family Leave passes the Senate

Paid family leave passed in the Senate today. This is a huge deal for the United States because most countries already have a guaranteed family leave. The bill was sponsored by Senators Elizabeth Warren and Tammy Baldwin. The bill passed with 51 votes, with all of the 50 Democrats voting in favor of it. Republican Senator Mitt Romney joined Democrats and also voted in favor of the bill. All of the other 49 Republican senators voted against the bill.

President Biden now will sign the bill which will put it into law.

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 08:27:32 PM »

"Public option" as you describe it is not how that works. There is a video from Robert Reich that describes it better then I can here.

https://youtu.be/dBi8A_HutII
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 08:31:25 PM »

"Public option" as you describe it is not how that works. There is a video from Robert Reich that describes it better then I can here.

https://youtu.be/dBi8A_HutII

Maybe it’s more of a Buttigieg plan
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 09:18:01 AM »

Which House Dems voted against public option?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 09:29:49 AM »

Mike Cooney is Bullock's Lt. Governor and a Democrat.

Nice Timeline!

Biden supports a Green New Deal.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 02:24:10 PM »

Which House Dems voted against public option?

Probably Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar because both of them would want Medicare for All instead and they know that their votes wouldn't make a difference in the result. AOC is moderating a little, so she voted for it.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 02:37:10 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2020, 10:17:16 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Apr. 30, 2021: President Biden nominates
Ketanji Brown Jackson

Wikimedia Commons

Today, in a press conference at the White House, President Joe Biden nominated Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court. Jackson was nominated in 2013 for the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and has served on that court since then. Jackson was interviewed by President Obama for the seat to replace Justice Antonin Scalia in 2016 but Merrick Garland was picked instead. Garland was blocked by the then Republican controlled Senate. Joe Biden has kept his campaign promise that he will nominate a black woman. Jackson's notation will move to the Democrat controlled Senate. The vote is likely to be close in the Senate, where they should be able to get 50 votes.

May. 12, 2021: G7 Summit, Russian Interference is discussed

Wikimedia Commons

Today at the G7 summit in London in the United Kingdom, President Biden has a discussion with the other nations in the pact: UK, France, Germany, Canada, Japan, and Italy. They talk about a range of global enduring issue including Immigration, Trade, and Russian Interference. President Biden talked with the leaders of the other G7 nations about Russia's interference in the United States' recent 2016 and 2020 Presidential election, in which they tried to sway both elections in favor of former President Trump.

It is unclear exactly what they decided if anything. But they agreed on some sort of sanctions to stop the Russians from interfering in future elections.

Jun. 2, 2021: Democrats in the House propose Green New Deal vote

Wikimedia Commons

Progressive House Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez introduced a vote on the Green New Deal. The Green New Deal was drafted over two years ago in March 2019 but Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and former Democratic senator, Ed Markey. Many Democrats in the Senate and in the House do support the Green New Deal. President Biden supports the bill but many Democrats in both the Senate and the House do not support it. Speaker Pelosi currently does not support the bill but allowed the vote.

The bill was approved with 221 votes, all Democrats voting in favor the bill. 12 Democrats and all of the 202 Republicans voted against the bill.

Jun. 10, 2021: Ketanji Brown Jackson confirmed in the Senate

Wikimedia Commons

Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson was confirmed by the Senate. The vote was not as close as expected. 52 senators voted in favor of her nomination and 48 against. All of the 50 Democrats in the Senate voted for her nomination. They were joined by Republican Senators Mitt Romney and Lisa Murkowski.

On June 15, 2021, Jackson will be inaugurated to the Supreme Court. Justice Jackson will be the nation's first black women on the Supreme Court.

Supreme Court Composition:
Justice Clarence Thomas (Conservative)
Justice Stephen Breyer (Liberal)
Chief Justice John Roberts (Conservative)
Justice Samuel Alito (Conservative)
Justice Sonia Sotomayor (Liberal)
Justice Elena Kagan (Liberal)
Justice Neil Gorsuch (Conservative)
Justice Brett Kavanaugh (Conservative)
Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson (Liberal)

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 04:35:16 PM »

I doubt Lisa Murkowski would vote to confirm any Biden SCOTUS appointments. Remember that she opposed all of Obamas SCOTUS appointments too.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 05:54:55 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2020, 09:53:45 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Jun. 15, 2021: Biden's Approval

Approve: 57%
Disapprove: 36%

Jun 21, 2021: Green New Deal fails in Senate

Wikimedia Commons

The vote on the Green New Deal failed in the Senate today. 46 senators voted for the bill, all Democrats. 54 voted against the bill, including all Republicans and 4 Democrats. The 4 Democrats who voted against the Green New Deal were Kirsten Sinema, Mark Kelly, Joe Manchin, and Jon Tester.

Jul. 6, 2021: Economy recovering slowly

The coronavirus outbreak in March of 2020 caused a recession in the United States. The economy has not recovered as fast as many people hoped it would. President Biden has tried to boost the economy in recent months but hasn't been successful. Unemployment is at 8% right now, which is higher then when Biden became President in January.

Jul. 13, 2021: Sanders suffers second heart attack

Wikimedia Commons

Breaking News. Senator and former 2020 Democratic nominee Bernie Sanders has just suffered a second heart attack. There are now calls from many for him to resign. This heart attack is much worse than his previous heart attack in October 2019. He is not spoken yet on the issue.

President Biden responded in a press conference, "Bernie just suffered another heart attack. I pray for him and his entire family. I hope for a speedy recovery for Bernie. He is a great friend of mine and a will get through this."

Jul. 25, 2021: Trump does not rule out 2024 Campaign

Wikimedia Commons

Today in a tweet Donald Trump did not the rule out the possibility of a 2024 run. In a tweet, "2024 is still on the table. I might run again for President. I'm seriously considering it because I was the best President in American history. AMERICA NEEDS ME!"

Aug. 3, 2021: Sanders resigns from the Senate

Wikimedia Commons

Breaking News. Senator Sanders has just announced that he will resign from the Senate. Sanders suffered a heart attack on July 13th, 2021. Sanders got out of the hospital a few days after on July 19th. Bernie has served as the junior independent senator from Vermont since 2007. Bernie inspired millions of Americans, especially young people and millennials.

Vermont Republican Governor Phil Scott announced that Independent State Representative Laura Sibilia will replace Sanders in the senate. A special election for the seat will take place on December 14, 2021. There are rumors that Governor Scott will run for the seat. Phil Scott has neither confirmed or denied those rumors.

Democrats still have the majority in the Senate because Laura Sibilia has announced that she will caucus with the Democrats.

New Senator:
Laura Sibilia (I-VT)

Senate Composition

Democrats: 50* √
Republicans: 50

*Sen. King (I-ME) and Sibilia (I-VT) caucus with Democrats
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 08:42:58 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2020, 09:49:18 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Aug. 13, 2021: Vermont Gov. Scott will run for Senate

Wikimedia Commons

Vermont Republican Governor Phill Scott has announced that he will run for the state's special election in December. Laura Sibilia, who Phil picked to replace senator Sanders has already announced that she will not run for the seat in December.

Phil Scott has pledged that if elected he will support a moderate for leader of his party in the Senate. He has pledged that he will not support Conservative Republicans, McConnell or Thune for leader.

Aug. 22, 2021: Biden's Approval

Approve: 52%
Disapprove: 41%

Sep. 29, 2021: Trump Jr. announces 2022 Senate campaign

Wikimedia Commons

Donald Trump Jr., former President Trump's son has announced a run for Senate in 2022 in New York State. He will run for the State's Republican nomination and if he wins his party's nomination will likely face Senate majority leader Chuck Schumer.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2020, 02:29:21 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2020, 10:53:48 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Nov. 2, 2021: Election Results

Governor:

Republicans: 26 √
Democrats: 24

New Jersey Governor Race:
Murphy*: 60.2% √
Bramnick: 38.1%

Virginia Governor Race:
Herring: 52.2% √
Chase: 46.5%

Mayor Election

New York City Mayor Race:
Yang: 68.0% √
Ulrich: 28.2%

Dec. 14, 2021: Gov. Scott wins Vermont Special Election

Wikimedia Commons

Vermont Governor Phil Scott has defeated former Vermont Education Security Rebecca Holcombe. Scott has served as governor of Vermont since 2017. Vermont is a very liberal state and has not elected a Republican to the Senate since 2000.

Governor Scott will be sworn in to the Senate on January 3, 2022. Vermont Democrat Lieutenant Governor Timothy Ashe will be sworn in as Governor in January as well.

Vermont Special Senate Race: (FLIP)
Scott: 51.0% √
Holcombe: 48.2%

Republicans: 51 (+1) √
Democrats: 49* (-1) √

*Sen. King (I-ME) caucuses with Democrats
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2020, 04:06:13 PM »

Phil fans are victorious! Yes!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2020, 11:09:36 PM »

Mayor Yang!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 11:50:02 PM »

better than De Blasio by far
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2020, 02:18:37 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2022, 01:28:29 PM by President Biden Democrat »

Jan 3, 2022: New Senator and Governors
sworn in

Today, outgoing Vermont governor Phil Scott (R-VT) will be sworn into the Senate. New governors will be sworn in, in the coming days.

New Senator:
Sen. Phil Scott (R-VT)

Senate Composition

Republicans: 51√
Democrats: 49

*Sen. King (I-ME) caucuses with Democrats

New Governors:
Gov. Mark Herring (D-VA)
Gov. Timothy Ashe (D-VT)

Governors Composition

Republicans: 26 √
Democrats: 24
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2020, 02:43:09 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2020, 01:39:50 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Jan. 4, 2022: McConnell back as Majority Leader

Wikimedia Commons

Republicans have voted again on Majority leader. Mitch McConnell retained the position as the leader of the Republicans in the Senate, in a very close vote. Newly elected senator Phil Scott kept his pledge and voted for Lisa Murkowski, who gained a lot of popularity and almost became the leader of her party.

The Republicans now have 51 seats in the senate with the election of Phil Scott in Vermont. McConnell is now back as majority leader. Democrats with President Biden have gotten a lot done so far. This is a big blow to Democrats and it will become harder to do so now with a Republican senate.

Feb. 22, 2022: President Biden meets with new German Chancellor

Wikimedia Commons

Today, President Biden met with newly elected German Chancellor Jens Spahn, who was elected in October of last year. President Biden discussed important topics like Russia, Terrorism, Climate Change, and North Korea.

Their meeting went very well and both the United States and Germany lead the world on many important issues. Germany is a powerhouse and the largest country in central Europe. German Chancellor Kramp-Karrenbauer wants to keep Germany in the European Union and wants to continue Merkel's influence in the union. President Biden and Chancellor Kramp-Karrenbauer want to work with other EU nations to solve many enduring issues.

Apr. 23, 2022: French President Macron reelected

Wikimedia Commons

In France, incumbent President Emmanuel Macron has been reelected in France and has won a second term as President. This election was much closer than the Macron's election in 2017, where he beat nationalist Marine Le Pen with just under two thirds of the vote. This election, Macron beat Le Pen with 53% of the vote, much closer than in 2017. Le Pen received 47% of the vote and has called for France to leave the European Union, which Macron and many leaders in France do not believe.

US President Biden congratulated Macron on his victory and is "looking forward to working with [Macron] in the future on many important issues."

May 1, 2022: Biden's Approval

Approve: 53%
Disapprove: 42%
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2020, 04:50:07 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2020, 07:38:06 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Jul. 1, 2022: Economy recovering well, Biden's remains popular

Wikimedia Commons

The economy has started to recover well in 2022. In early 2020, the coronavirus hit the United States hard and fell into a recession. The country has started to recover and unemployment has dropped to 5%.

President Biden has continued to remain popular with many Americans, especially Democrats.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 04:56:39 PM »

What a god-tier timeline
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 05:58:18 PM »

Great start and good formatting!
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2020, 06:02:13 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2020, 11:38:25 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Sep. 10, 2022: Deficit exceeds 1.5 trillion

Economists predict that the debt will reach 30 trillion dollars by 2030. The Biden administration has spent more money than expected. The deficit has exceeded 1.5 trillion this year already because of the 2020 coronavirus stimulus package. The Biden administration says that they will raise taxes on earners over 250k. Moderated and conservatives are very angry about this. The freedom caucus led by Congressman Jordon are calling for cuts to social security and Medicaid. Conservative economists are worried about rising inflation.

Biden's approval rating is dropping among Americans, including Independents.

Nov. 1, 2022: Biden's Approval

Approve: 50%
Disapprove: 46%
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2020, 06:18:31 PM »

I could actually see a lot of this happening in a few years time.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2020, 07:51:41 PM »

Who ran in Pennsylvania?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies