Joe Biden wins the 2020 Presidential Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:19:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Joe Biden wins the 2020 Presidential Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Poll
Question: Do you want me to continue this TL?
Yes!

Yes, but a quick rap up.

Eh, don't care either way

No, move on to something different.

Nah

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Joe Biden wins the 2020 Presidential Election  (Read 46207 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2020, 05:49:56 PM »

Harris/Buttigieg 2024! 

Would certainly help shore up Ohio and Iowa.

If that is the criteria, then I prefer Governor Gretchen Whitmer (by then a two-termer) for veep personally. 
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2020, 06:10:37 PM »

If Pence is the Nominee Republicans can pack their bags.

Haley would have a chance by picking Rubio as VP and then win FL (31), AZ (12) and Wisconsin (10). That would get her to 274.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2020, 07:42:48 PM »

President Kamala Harris?
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2020, 01:47:16 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2020, 01:57:10 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Jul. 8, 2024: President Biden still in the hospital, recovering slowly

Wikipedia Commons

President Biden is still in the hospital and is still recovering from his recent fall. Biden also contracted COVID-19 in late June. The President is doing better and has tested negative for the virus. President Biden is not ready to come back to work at the White House. Biden has been recovering slower than expected. Vice President Kamala Harris is still taking over many of Biden's duties as President for the time being. Biden's approval has went up considerably and reached unseen levels near sixty percent. Republicans in congress and political pundits have said that President Biden is too old to be President at 81 years old. Biden is currently in the last year of his four year term as President, and will be out as President in January. It is unclear if Biden will be present at the Democratic convention in Dallas, Texas in August. The Republican convention will begin in two weeks on July 22 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2020, 02:08:17 PM »

Why did the RNC choose Pittsburgh as Convention Site? They should have chosen Phoenix, AZ.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2020, 02:11:19 PM »

Why did the RNC choose Pittsburgh as Convention Site? They should have chosen Phoenix, AZ.
The RNC chose Pittsburgh as the Convention Site because they are focusing on the midwest over the southeast. They are hoping to win Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc. GOP can not win the election without the midwest, it is just impossible.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2020, 02:17:46 PM »

The RNC chose Pittsburgh as the Convention Site because they are focusing on the midwest over the southeast. They are hoping to win Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc. GOP can not win the election without the midwest, it is just impossible.
That depends on the Candidate though. With Pence as Nominee I agree the Midwest is their only Option. With Haley it would be a totally different Scenario I think.

If Pence does get the Nomination I expect Haley and other Establishment Republicans to completely run away from Pence.

Haley hasn't even indicated that she would back the eventual Nominee. That tells you a lot.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2020, 05:52:23 PM »

That depends on the Candidate though. With Pence as Nominee I agree the Midwest is their only Option. With Haley it would be a totally different Scenario I think.

If Pence does get the Nomination I expect Haley and other Establishment Republicans to completely run away from Pence.

Haley hasn't even indicated that she would back the eventual Nominee. That tells you a lot.
That's true. Most Republicans suspect that Pence will be the nominee as he is much closer to 1,276 delegates and Cruz endorsed Pence, awhile ago. Again, it is still possible that Haley wins the nomination but Pence is totally favored.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2020, 07:48:51 PM »

That's true. Most Republicans suspect that Pence will be the nominee as he is much closer to 1,276 delegates and Cruz endorsed Pence, awhile ago. Again, it is still possible that Haley wins the nomination but Pence is totally favored.
Haley needs to reveal her Running Mate soon to sway some Delegates. Will it be enough? That remains to be seen.
My Suggestions would be:
Florida Senator Rick Scott or Marco Rubio
Former Ohio Governor John Kasich
Former Arizona Governor Doug Ducey?
Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2020, 08:34:08 PM »

Haley needs to reveal her Running Mate soon to sway some Delegates. Will it be enough? That remains to be seen.
My Suggestions would be:
Florida Senator Rick Scott or Marco Rubio
Former Ohio Governor John Kasich
Former Arizona Governor Doug Ducey?
Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker
Candidates' running mates probably will be announced soon. Stay tuned!
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2020, 04:45:36 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2020, 08:35:04 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Jul. 12, 2024: Harris picks Buttigieg as Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee

Wikimedia Commons

Vice President Kamala Harris has just announced that she has picked former 2020 and 2024 Presidential Candidate, and current Ambassador to the United Nations Pete Buttigieg as her Vice Presidential Nominee. Buttigieg finished as the runner-up to Vice President Harris in the 2024 Democratic Primary and dropped out in early May before the Indiana Primary, Pete's home state. Since Pete Buttigieg dropped out of the primary, Pete was the front-runner for Vice President and it is suspected that Harris and Buttigieg might have made a deal in early May to avoid a contested convention. If Harris and Buttigieg win in November, Harris would become the first female President and Buttigieg would become the first openly gay Vice President. Harris is currently serving as President Biden's Vice President and has taken over many of his duties as President while he is recovering in the hospital. The Democratic Convention in Dallas, Texas will occur from August 5, 2024 to August 8, 2024.

2024 Democratic Ticket: Kamala Harris/Pete Buttigieg
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2020, 04:49:47 PM »

Nooooo, Kamala not Buttigieg. You're smarter than that.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »

Why him?  Why not Governor Whitmer? 
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2020, 08:05:48 PM »

YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2020, 08:07:41 PM »

Buttigieg was the runner-up in the primary and if he stayed it a little longer, the primary would have went to a contested convention. Harris might also want to pick a man to balance out the ticket and Buttigieg makes sense for that. Similar to Whitmer, Buttigieg will appeal to some voters in the midwest, especially in Iowa and Ohio.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2020, 07:09:26 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Jul. 15, 2024: Pence picks Ernst, Haley picks Rubio

Wikimedia Commons

Former Vice President Mike Pence has picked Iowa Senator Joni Ernst as his runner mate if he wins the Republican nomination at the contested convention beginning next Monday. Ernst has served as the senior senator of Iowa since 2014 and is currently serving in her second term as senator after being re-elected in a tight race in 2020. Pundits believe that Pence picked Ernst to shore up support in the midwest. Pence also likely picked Ernst to diversity the ticket by picking a woman.

Former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley has picked Florida Senator Marco Rubio as her running mate if she wins the Republican nomination. Rubio has served as the senior senator from Florida since 2010 and is currently in his third term as senator after being re-elected soundly in 2022. Rubio can appeal to minorities, notably Hispanics and Latinos from Florida and the Southwest. Rubio has also shown that he is willing to work with and compromise with Democrats on key issues like immigration reform. Rubio endorsed Haley right before the highly contested winner-take all Florida primaries. The Republican convention will occur from next Monday, July 22, 2024 to July 25, 2024, which will decide who wins the Republican nomination between Pence and Haley.

2024 Republican Ticket:
(Pence): Mike Pence/Joni Ernst
(Haley): Nikki Haley/Marco Rubio
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2020, 08:23:05 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2020, 11:52:24 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Jul. 22-25, 2024: Republican National Convention:
Mike Pence wins in Contested Convention

Wikimedia Commons

1st Vote: (Contested)

The Republican National Convention began on Monday, July 22th, 2024 and lasted for four days until July 25th, 2024. The convention was the first convention since the controversial Republican convention in 2020 in Jacksonville, Florida. the convention was fairly large given the circumstances at the time with COVID-19. The convention sparked a lot of outrage and many people got sick as a result of the it but this did not include either President Trump or Vice President Pence. On the first vote of this convention, no candidate reached enough delegates (1,276) to clinch the nomination. Every delegate was forced to vote depending on who won in their state, some are proportional like Iowa and New Hampshire while others are winner-take all like Florida and Ohio. Former Vice President Mike Pence and Former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley finished first and second but neither reached enough delegates. Pence finished with 1,251 delegates, only 25 delegates shy of the official Republican nomination. Haley finished with 941 delegates, 310 delegates behind Pence.

2024 Republican Primary (1,276 Delegates Needed To Win) - 1st Vote

Pence - 1251 delegates
Haley - 941 delegates
Cruz - 185 delegates
Rubio - 73 delegates
Baker - 72 delegates
Trump Jr. - 25 delegates
Hawley - 3 delegates

2nd Vote: (Pence Wins)

Breaking News. In the Second Vote at the Republican National Convention in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Former Vice President Mike Pence officially won the Republican after reaching the magic number of 1,276 delegates. Pence is now the official Republican nominee and will face Vice President Kamala Harris in the general election. Iowa Senator Joni Ernst will join Pence on the campaign trail as his runner mate and if he wins in November, the next Vice President of the United States. Pence in the end finished with 1,340 delegates, with Haley finishing second with 1,102 delegates. Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker finished third with 86 delegates, mostly from his home state of Massachusetts and various other states in the northeast. The majority of delegates that were swayed to Pence were from Ted Cruz, who finished first in his home state, the largest prize of the Republican Primary, Texas. Senator Ted Cruz finished fourth with 12 delegates, all supporters of his from Texas, despite haven dropped out in May. Former President Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr, finished in fifth and received delegates from the northeast, despite haven dropped out months ago. Senator Josh Hawley finished in sixth with 3 delegates all from his home state of Missouri. Florida Senator did not receive any delegates, part of because he endorsed Ambassador Haley very early in March. Over 70 delegates swayed away from Pence and voted for either Ambassador Haley or another candidate. Pundits believe that these people voted against Pence because they believe that he is not electable and will lose soundly in November against Vice President Kamala Harris. Pence remains popular among most Republicans but is fairly unpopular among Democrats and Independents, the latter of which will decide who wins in November.

2024 Republican Primary (1,276 Delegates Needed To Win) - 2nd/Final Vote (Pence Wins)

Pence - 1340 delegates √
Haley - 1102 delegates
Baker - 86 delegates
Cruz - 12 delegates
Trump Jr. - 7 delegates
Hawley - 3 delegates
Rubio - 0 delegates

Pence speaks, Haley concedes

Wikimedia Commons

After, Pence officially won the Republican nomination for President in 2024, it was now time for the party to come together. Many former Presidential candidates at this point, had endorsed Pence. One of the first speakers to speak after the second vote was Texas Senator Ted Cruz, who had endorsed Trump months before. Cruz spoke about uniting the party and the importance of conservatism in the United States. Soon after Cruz spoke, former President Trump and his son Donald Trump Jr. both spoke as well. The former President spoke about "how we need to get Pence into office to continue his policies that was only put on hold because of the corrupt Democrats and President Biden and Vice President Harris." Every Presidential endorsed the the Republican nominee with one notable absence, Massachusetts Liberal Governor Charlie Baker. Baker did not attend the convention and said that he would be unlikely to endorse either Pence or Haley.

More Republicans spoke and then it was now time for Ambassador Haley to speak, who has just recently lost the nomination. During the speech, Haley endorsed Pence. Haley stated, "I'm very saddened that I will not get the chance to be your next President, but I am excited to work with the Mike to get him elected into office. It is critical that Pence wins in November and I will work hard to make that happen. Thank you to all of my supporters and every American who made this campaign happen!" Haley almost won the nomination and finished a very close second in the delegate count behind Pence. After Haley, Senator Joni Ernst, the Republican Vice Presidential Nominee also spoke. She thanked Pence for the opportunity and talked about their ideas for America. She spoke about conservatism and the failures and danger of the liberal Biden administration.

Finally, the Republican nominee, former Vice President Mike Pence spoke the convention. Pence was introduced by his daughter, Charlotte Pence. Charlotte spoke for 15 minutes about her father and everything that he has done for her, for Indiana as Governor and the country as Vice President. Then to the sound of country music, Pence came onto the stage. Pence received a large applause and then started to speak. Pence stated, "I stand here today pleased that you all have given me the chance to serve as your next President. First, I want to thank my children, wife, former Presidential candidates, including Ambassador Haley. She and every other candidate ran hard-fought campaigns and I am glad to have their support as the nominee. As President, I will fight hard and will be President for every American. I will work hard to restore our country and will continue the policies of President Trump...I want to thank everyone again and I am excited to serve as the 47th President of the United States. Thank you all and God Bless our great country, goodnight!"

2024 Republican Ticket: Mike Pence/Joni Ernst
Catalunya
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2020, 06:41:20 AM »

It would be peak Biden to resign now to give Harris the edge.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2020, 10:07:37 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2020, 06:09:15 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

Makes sense that Harris would go with Buttigieg, his presence on the ticket will be bothersome to Pence, as it puts Indiana in play; however Pence may’ve made a strategic blunder, in going with Joni Ernst, as she doesn’t bring anything to the ticket! I mean Ernst is also midwestern; if I had been Pence I’d have not committed to a Vice presidential running mate until after the balloting, that way he could’ve offered Haley the number two spot; his being to JFK as Haley being to LBJ, he could’ve generated excitement expanded the Republican base & Haley could’ve created mischief for Harris in many valid ways. I don’t know what Pence was thinking with the Ernst selection; she just doesn’t help in any meaningful way, except with the conservatives & Pence have them in his pocket already; 2024 will be the first time since 1968 that a former Vice President and a sitting Vice President will face each other; it will be the first time since 1916, that Hoosiers will be on both national tickets; Harris will be the first native Californian to serve as Vice President since Nixon. Pence will be the first Indiana native since Wendell Willkie to be the Republican party’s nominee for President; I’m thinking that Harris should make a play for Texas, as it would force Pence to put money into a state that otherwise would be in the bag for him, let’s not forget Dallas was the host city for the Democrats convention. Florida should be her second target. It’s likely that Pence will keep Ohio in the Republican column; Illinois is out of reach for him, as Obama will be a handy surrogate for Harris in that state. She should also use him in Iowa as well, as it will put more pressure on Pence to defend another state that would be otherwise freed up. If it becomes necessary Harris could suggest that she’s considering making Obama as Secretary of State should she be elected. It could galvanize the hardcore Obama base. Biden should be used, but sparingly, as the election is more about the future & less about the past.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2020, 10:10:59 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2020, 08:28:40 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Aug. 1, 2024: General Election Polling

Harris/Buttigieg vs. Pence/Ernst

Kamala D. Harris/Peter P.M. Buttigieg: 306 (48.2%, +5.8%)
Michael R. Pence/Joni K. Ernst: 232 (43.4%, -5.8%)
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2020, 11:47:33 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2020, 01:10:59 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Aug. 5-8, 2024: Democratic National Convention: Kamala Harris Nominated

Wikimedia Commons

The Democratic National Convention began on August 5th, 2024 and last for four days until August 8th, 2024. The Convention was a huge success and various Democrats spoke. President Biden attended the convention and recovered from COVID-19 and his collapse in the White House. President Biden did not speak and the convention but was there in attendance. Former President Obama spoke at the convention and his speech fired up the convention hall. Biden touted Joe and Kamala's accomplishments and signified the importance of liberalism in the United States. Obama talked about the importance of getting Kamala elected in November to continue progress that the Biden administration made and he talked about the danger that the Republican Party and partisanship brings. Obama's speech was compared to former President Bill Clinton's speech at the 2012 Democratic National Convention. Many more Democrats spoke including Senators and other leaders.

The Keynote speaker at the convention was former Texas Representative and Texas Democratic Senate Candidate Beto O'Rourke. Beto spoke about Kamala Harris and her job as Senator of California and Vice President. O'Rourke touted her accomplishments and what she brings to the country. Beto's speech overall was considered a huge success and a likely boost to his Senate campaign in Texas, where he is polling ahead of incumbent Republican Senator Ted Cruz. One notable absence from the convention was New York Progressive Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who ran for President in 2024 and did underperformed expectations. Cortez was rumored to be considering a run for Senate in New York to challenge Senator Gillibrand, but declined a run and endorsed Gillibrand in early June, right before the filling deadline. Ocasio-Cortez did endorse Harris in late June, but decided not to attend the convention. Vice Presidential Nominee and Former 2024 Presidential Candidate, Pete Buttigieg also spoke at the convention. Pete spoke about the accomplishments of the Biden administration and his and Kamala's ideas for a better America. Pete also spoke about his time as mayor of South Bend, Indiana and the discrimination that he faced being gay, especially a conservative area of the country in Indiana. Pete also attacked the Republican nominee Mike Pence and his record as governor of Indiana and Vice President. Lastly, Pete thanked Kamala for the opportunity and vowed to work for the American people and work with Kamala as Vice President of the United States.

Vice President Kamala Harris won the official Democratic Nomination on the first round of voting. 144 delegates swayed from Buttigieg to Harris in the final roll call vote as permitted. Delegates did this partly because Buttigieg is now Harris' running mate and the Vice Presidential Nominee in 2024.

2024 Democratic Primary (1,991 Delegates Needed To Win) - Convention Roll Call (Final Vote)

Harris - 2159 delegates √
Ocasio-Cortez - 523 delegates
Buttigieg - 453 delegates
Newsom - 350 delegates
Abrams - 263 delegates
Cuomo - 186 delegates
Klobuchar - 45 delegates

Harris speaks

Wikimedia Commons

Kamala Harris became the 'official' Democratic nominee. It was know time for Harris to speak at the convention. Kamala Harris was introduced by her great friend and fellow Democratic Senator Cory Booker from New Jersey. Booker spoke for twenty minutes about Kamala and their friendship. He also spoke about everything Kamala stands for and everything the Biden administration has done in the last four years in office after President Trump and the COVID-19 pandemic. Kamala Harris came onto the stage with pop music and thank Cory Booker. Kamala Harris states, "Hello Dallas! Thank you everyone! I'm so proud of our campaign and am so thankful to be the Democratic party's nominee for President in 2024. President Biden and our administration have done so much and I have been so proud of the last four years. In the last four years, we have come together and grown as a country...We will win November and as you're next President, I will continue the policies of the Biden administration and will advocate for you, the American people. I will listen and learn. Thank you and God Bless America!

2024 Democratic Ticket: Kamala Harris/Pete Buttigieg
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2020, 11:53:52 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2020, 01:05:37 PM by mrappaport1220 »

It would be peak Biden to resign now to give Harris the edge.
That won't happen. it's just not realistic. That would look bad for the Democratic Party.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2020, 01:17:32 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2020, 08:29:12 PM by mrappaport1220 »

Sep. 1, 2024: General Election Polling

Harris/Buttigieg vs. Pence/Ernst

Kamala D. Harris/Peter P.M. Buttigieg: 391 (50.2%, +9.9%)
Michael R. Pence/Joni K. Ernst: 147 (40.3%, -9.9%)
Junior Chimp

« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2020, 03:36:19 PM »

Yup, this Election is decided.
Congrats Pres-elect Harris.
Excatly what I said would happen if Republicans would nominate Mike Pence.

Looking forward to 2026 then where Florida could by the way their 1st Latina Governor assuming DeSantis Lt. Governor Nunez runs.
Vidal

« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2020, 01:18:08 PM »

This is really quite excellent
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies