The Adam Griffin 2nd Presidency never existed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:21:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Adam Griffin 2nd Presidency never existed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Adam Griffin 2nd Presidency never existed  (Read 5286 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: March 28, 2020, 07:42:43 PM »

How about the Atlasian Historical Preservation Committee,
NO COMMITTEES!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 07:44:26 PM »

I mean, who said that this team had to be made of 4 specific job titles? How about the Atlasian Historical Preservation Committee, made up of 4 committee members appointed by the president, and possibly also approved by the Senate. These 4 people can be anyone with wiki access, officeholding or not, and you hold the position until you resign, are kicked out, or aren't active for X days.

I ended up doing most of the wiki statute updating myself when I was President. These committees start of good in some cases, then typically end up inactive.

Then why not regularly shake them up? Instead of serving forever, they could also serve for terms, and must be re-appointed or replaced. This might curbtail boredom and inactivity. We could also perhaps go with a number larger or smaller than four.
Committees aren't useless because people get bored, committees are useless because they lack direction, clear mandates, and accountability. If you institute term limits, people will just forget, and then Tack gets to create a new thread a year from now about how there hasn't been a Wiki Committee for [n] months and nobody noticed.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 08:24:17 PM »

I mean, who said that this team had to be made of 4 specific job titles? How about the Atlasian Historical Preservation Committee, made up of 4 committee members appointed by the president, and possibly also approved by the Senate. These 4 people can be anyone with wiki access, officeholding or not, and you hold the position until you resign, are kicked out, or aren't active for X days.

I ended up doing most of the wiki statute updating myself when I was President. These committees start of good in some cases, then typically end up inactive.

Then why not regularly shake them up? Instead of serving forever, they could also serve for terms, and must be re-appointed or replaced. This might curbtail boredom and inactivity. We could also perhaps go with a number larger or smaller than four.

Committees aren't useless because people get bored, committees are useless because they lack direction, clear mandates, and accountability. If you institute term limits, people will just forget, and then Tack gets to create a new thread a year from now about how there hasn't been a Wiki Committee for [n] months and nobody noticed.

Well then, make the title more official. Make it a cabinet dept. or something. I know that sounds stupid, but what's the alternative? Forcing certain officeholders to do it? The same problem arises, and it's likely that nobody will remember that the President, Vice President, et cetera have this certain responsibility.
We already tried that: it didn't work. The correct course of action is what Tack has done: draw attention to the matter and rely on volunteerism. Creating new offices does not reduce problems, it multiplies them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies