The Adam Griffin 2nd Presidency never existed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:21:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Adam Griffin 2nd Presidency never existed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Adam Griffin 2nd Presidency never existed  (Read 5203 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2020, 06:17:47 PM »
« edited: March 28, 2020, 09:07:43 PM by Senator tack50 (Lab-Lincoln) »

The year is 202x. A brave Atlasian (who shall remain nameless) ventures into the depths of the Atlasia wiki. Abandonded for years, this brave Atlasian pushes through the spider webs and he stumbles across a certain presidency.

That presidency being of Adam Griffin, Atlasia's 48th commander in chief; between July of 2019 and January of 2020. His presidency allegedly had one of the largest amounts of bills signed in Atlasia's post-reset history, but this brave Atlasian explorer is unable to find any of them. For his first term, he at least can read the titles, and he can only imagine what wonders the "FASCISM BTFO Act of 2019" and the "Party Like It's Your Birthday Act" must be.

Griffin's second presidency is even more obscure. During said presidency Congress apparently vanished. No bills were passed at all, it even seems like they didn't even convene at all! Did Atlasia just disappear into nothingness? Did somebody eat all the Congress people? What happened?

This also applies to Griffin's successor Pericles; as well as to the legislatures of Lincoln (no bills since the 3rd Council) and the South (no bills since the 15th Session).

TL;DR: The Wiki is severely lacking and behind in terms of bills.

My proposal

For the federal government the solution is very simple. I would revive the position of National Archivist. It is a very boring position but someone has to do it. Alternatively it could be assigned to a 4 man team made up of the President, the VP, the PPT of the Senate and the Speaker of the House (so as of now: Pericles, Peanut, Yankee and Thumb)

For the regional governments it is even simpler. Just give the job to the Governor and/or the speaker of the regional legislature. I took it upon myself to update the Lincoln Statute when I was speaker.

Finally, if you do not have Wiki Access, ask the moderators or modadmins and get to work! Everyone's work in the Wiki counts!

Speaking of this, I wonder if Virginia could make it so that everyone with the Atlas Politician role gets access to the Atlasia Wiki; while also making it so that people who already have access do not lose it.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 06:27:29 PM »

If you do indeed want to work towards fixing the Atlasia wiki, here is a list of threads that will be extremely helpful in order to do so!

Federal government
Adam Griffin's 2nd White House: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=323591.0
Pericles' White House: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=357808.0

Lincoln
Office of Governor Peanut: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=314260.0
Office of Governor Jimmy7812: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=352070.0
Office of S019 as acting governor: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=342350.0
Sestak's Gubernatorial office: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=358586.0

South
Office of Governor Young Texan: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=314530.0
Office of Governor Leinad: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=340729.0
Office of Governor West Midlander: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=336638.0
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 07:14:01 PM »

I thought this was going to be one of those conspiracy theories like the one that says that the period between 500 and 800 didn't exist.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 07:32:13 PM »

I mean, who said that this team had to be made of 4 specific job titles? How about the Atlasian Historical Preservation Committee, made up of 4 committee members appointed by the president, and possibly also approved by the Senate. These 4 people can be anyone with wiki access, officeholding or not, and you hold the position until you resign, are kicked out, or aren't active for X days.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 07:33:56 PM »

The year is 202x. A brave Atlasian (who shall remain nameless) ventures into the depths of the Atlasia wiki. Abandonded for years, this brave Atlasian pushes through the spider webs and he stumbles across a certain presidency.

That presidency being of Adam Griffin, Atlasia's 48th commander in chief; between July of 2019 and January February of 2020.

And for the record, it technically didn't, but if y'all haven't already figured out the fun little secret behind that, then I won't spoil it now!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 07:34:05 PM »

I mean, who said that this team had to be made of 4 specific job titles? How about the Atlasian Historical Preservation Committee, made up of 4 committee members appointed by the president, and possibly also approved by the Senate. These 4 people can be anyone with wiki access, officeholding or not, and you hold the position until you resign, are kicked out, or aren't active for X days.

I ended up doing must of the wiki statute updating myself when I was President. These committees start of good in some cases, then typically end up inactive.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 07:36:57 PM »

I ended up doing most of the wiki statute updating myself when I was President. These committees start of good in some cases, then typically end up inactive.

Then why not regularly shake them up? Instead of serving forever, they could also serve for terms, and must be re-appointed or replaced. This might curbtail boredom and inactivity. We could also perhaps go with a number larger or smaller than four.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 07:42:43 PM »

How about the Atlasian Historical Preservation Committee,
NO COMMITTEES!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 07:44:26 PM »

I ended up doing most of the wiki statute updating myself when I was President. These committees start of good in some cases, then typically end up inactive.

Then why not regularly shake them up? Instead of serving forever, they could also serve for terms, and must be re-appointed or replaced. This might curbtail boredom and inactivity. We could also perhaps go with a number larger or smaller than four.
Committees aren't useless because people get bored, committees are useless because they lack direction, clear mandates, and accountability. If you institute term limits, people will just forget, and then Tack gets to create a new thread a year from now about how there hasn't been a Wiki Committee for [n] months and nobody noticed.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 07:51:44 PM »

Committees aren't useless because people get bored, committees are useless because they lack direction, clear mandates, and accountability. If you institute term limits, people will just forget, and then Tack gets to create a new thread a year from now about how there hasn't been a Wiki Committee for [n] months and nobody noticed.

Well then, make the title more official. Make it a cabinet dept. or something. I know that sounds stupid, but what's the alternative? Forcing certain officeholders to do it? The same problem arises, and it's likely that nobody will remember that the President, Vice President, et cetera have this certain responsibility.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 08:06:46 PM »

Well then, make the title more official. Make it a cabinet dept. or something. I know that sounds stupid, but what's the alternative? Forcing certain officeholders to do it? The same problem arises, and it's likely that nobody will remember that the President, Vice President, et cetera have this certain responsibility.
Maybe a good idea is to just raise awareness for a specific need for wiki editing and call on people to volunteer to meet that target which would be focused enough so that people will get it done. It doesn't need much formality.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 08:19:14 PM »

I split the position of Archivist and added two people to the position just a month prior. Still ended up doing the statute pages myself.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 08:24:17 PM »

We already tried that: it didn't work. The correct course of action is what Tack has done: draw attention to the matter and rely on volunteerism. Creating new offices does not reduce problems, it multiplies them.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 08:27:40 PM »

We already tried that: it didn't work. The correct course of action is what Tack has done: draw attention to the matter and rely on volunteerism. Creating new offices does not reduce problems, it multiplies them.

Dolling out offices to people is a great way to ensure that crap doesn't get done. Far better to have someone demonstrate that interest and capability first and then appoint or create an office to reflect their proven contributions.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 09:24:09 PM »

There should be an archivist

And I think Razze did a pretty nice job with it, also I wouldn't mind helping out updating the Lincoln ones
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 09:37:33 PM »

The other stuff can be done in due time, but can someone post the FEA on there like, ASAP? The statute even requires for ballots to link to the text, which I don’t think has been done as of yet; having a page to link to is a must.

(If it could be done twice, once as a static page for the initial text as well as one that updates whenever FEA is amended, that would be ideal.)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2020, 09:57:05 PM »

Well, after looking at the position from Truman and Yankee, I guess resurrecting the National Archivist position is not necesarily a good idea. It isn't necesarily bad either, though we would need a suitable candidate.

Another option could be to simply make it part of the job description of another office. The 4 man idea between the Senate PPT, Speaker of the House, VP and President should be ok; though the president is probably the one that has the hands the freest so maybe he can be the one formally in charge.

I have also introduced regional legislation in Lincoln to this effect, just replacing the federal titles with their regional equivalents.

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 10:31:33 PM »

The other stuff can be done in due time, but can someone post the FEA on there like, ASAP? The statute even requires for ballots to link to the text, which I don’t think has been done as of yet; having a page to link to is a must.

(If it could be done twice, once as a static page for the initial text as well as one that updates whenever FEA is amended, that would be ideal.)

Decided to do that just now.

I also went with your proposal of having a static page for the initial text as well as one that should be updated with every amendment; though I have to give the FEA an interim numbering of 21-xx; which will need to be changed eventually.

The static page should be accessed from the list of Statute and should be available here as the "Federal Electoral Act of 2019":
https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Federal_Electoral_Act_of_2019

The page that needs to be updated every time the FEA is updated must be accessed from the Atlasia Wiki home page and is available here as simply the "Federal Electoral Act":
https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Federal_Electoral_Act

Finally, the old Federal Electoral act has been archived as the "Federal Electoral Act of 2016", to be accessed through the statute list:
https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Federal_Electoral_Act_of_2016

A bit confusing, but just make sure whether you are including the year number or not and you will be fine.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 12:43:56 AM »

Well, after looking at the position from Truman and Yankee, I guess resurrecting the National Archivist position is not necesarily a good idea. It isn't necesarily bad either, though we would need a suitable candidate.

Another option could be to simply make it part of the job description of another office. The 4 man idea between the Senate PPT, Speaker of the House, VP and President should be ok; though the president is probably the one that has the hands the freest so maybe he can be the one formally in charge.

I have also introduced regional legislation in Lincoln to this effect, just replacing the federal titles with their regional equivalents.

I don't think Peanut could swing extra load right now, that said VP and President are in best position to handle the statute pages since they handled them last.

Of course we could just go back to doing it the way we did preset, which was to have the attorney general do it. Tongue I am sure we can force Truman to get it all done at gun point or something. 
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 06:46:47 AM »

I don't think Peanut could swing extra load right now, that said VP and President are in best position to handle the statute pages since they handled them last.

Of course we could just go back to doing it the way we did preset, which was to have the attorney general do it. Tongue I am sure we can force Truman to get it all done at gun point or something. 

Ironically, Fremont is the only region that has its statute updated (for the most part) precisely thanks to Truman Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 05:23:08 AM »

Ok, here is a bit of an update on this.

After a ton of work, the Federal Statute has finally been updated up to the end of the 18th Congress; or in other words, up until August 2019. It is a ton of work but it is vital for historical purposes.

Special thanks go to tmthforu for updating the bill titles list up until the end of the 22nd Congress, as well as to Oregon Blue Dog for updating the Fremont statute list up to the present day (end of the 15th Parliament)

We only have 3 more federal Congresses to go! Tongue (it will become 4 again soon though)

No progress in Lincoln or the South as far as I am aware.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2020, 03:23:49 PM »

thanks for the great work y'all

more people get in on this, if you know how to edit a wiki then you have no excuse

(i do not know how to edit a wiki)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2020, 03:29:18 PM »

thanks for the great work y'all

more people get in on this, if you know how to edit a wiki then you have no excuse

(i do not know how to edit a wiki)

To be fair I only learned how to edit a wiki when I started doing Wiki updates for Atlasia Tongue

Updating statute is not even that hard for the most part, 90% of bills are easy to upload (though some are a pain); it is just time consuming
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2020, 06:41:35 PM »

Update: I have completed the federal statue through the end of 2019. The 23rd session will take much longer to verify and complete since the Congressional Noticeboard wasn't kept up to date. The current session's noticeboard hasn't been updated in 3 weeks, so I will also wait before starting that.

Also working on the South's statue page as well - have that completed through 2019 as well and have all the bill titles added in. Props to Muaddib for keeping the Southern Legislative Noticeboard so up-to-date even though he doesn't hold office. It makes doing this MUCH easier.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2020, 07:02:14 PM »

Update: I have completed the federal statue through the end of 2019. The 23rd session will take much longer to verify and complete since the Congressional Noticeboard wasn't kept up to date. The current session's noticeboard hasn't been updated in 3 weeks, so I will also wait before starting that.

Also working on the South's statue page as well - have that completed through 2019 as well and have all the bill titles added in. Props to Muaddib for keeping the Southern Legislative Noticeboard so up-to-date even though he doesn't hold office. It makes doing this MUCH easier.

If it helps for what is worth why not go by Griffin's and Pericles' White House threads? Granted some bills might get lost but hopefully nothing important
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies