I'm Out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:05:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I'm Out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I'm Out  (Read 1170 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2006, 03:18:06 AM »

Honestly, with what has happened, and with John Ford now leaving, I see no reason to stay.  Thank you for the nomination Ebowed, but I must respectfully decline and tell you all that I will not be back here any time soon.  The game officially sucks now.  Yeah, I am band wagoning off of John, but to be honest, John was pretty much the only thing that kept me hoping and kept me involved.  No more.

WMS, much as John just did, I must take this time to say that the three of us always made quite a team, and I hope that you win the Senate bid you are currently engaged in, because you deserve it.

Frodo is gone now.  But I would like to thank him for being such a good partner over all this time.

Nym is gone.  Demrepdan is gone.  Htmldon has stabbed us in the back, for some stupid reason (someone probably looked at him the wrong way).  Phil is gone.  Nation is no longer involved.  Other than Al, Texasgurl, WMS and a couple of others, everyone who once made this an enjoyable expirience has gone the way of the dodo... much as I predict the whole fantasy section will surely do.  It is my turn to join them for once and for all time.

Have fun kids.  Just don't expect me to keep jumping into the mud puddle with you.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 03:20:47 AM »

Honestly, with what has happened, and with John Ford now leaving, I see no reason to stay.  Thank you for the nomination Ebowed, but I must respectfully decline and tell you all that I will not be back here any time soon.  The game officially sucks now.  Yeah, I am band wagoning off of John, but to be honest, John was pretty much the only thing that kept me hoping and kept me involved.  No more.

WMS, much as John just did, I must take this time to say that the three of us always made quite a team, and I hope that you win the Senate bid you are currently engaged in, because you deserve it.

Frodo is gone now.  But I would like to thank him for being such a good partner over all this time.

Nym is gone.  Demrepdan is gone.  Htmldon has stabbed us in the back, for some stupid reason (someone probably looked at him the wrong way).  Phil is gone.  Nation is no longer involved.  Other than Al, Texasgurl, WMS and a couple of others, everyone who once made this an enjoyable expirience has gone the way of the dodo... much as I predict the whole fantasy section will surely do.  It is my turn to join them for once and for all time.

Have fun kids.  Just don't expect me to keep jumping into the mud puddle with you.
Bye.  Just out of curiosity, why did you vote for Flyers (I should probably be asking similar questions Mr. Republican also)?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 03:24:42 AM »

Bye.  Just out of curiosity, why did you vote for Flyers (I should probably be asking similar questions Mr. Republican also)?

Because, Pat is a friend.  We used to do friendly stuff like that on this forum.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 03:35:47 AM »

Oh, BTW... as I final going away word....

Am I pissed that I never got to be President?

While it doesn't keep me up at night, you better ing believe that I am.

Nym was a great guy, but he didn't do jack as President. 

Gustaf never talked to me while I was VP.  When I acctually tried to run the Administration, people basically treated me like sh**t.  So, I said screw and jumped out of office just in time to miss my shot at being the President.

Siege... well, enough said.

Joe Republic... he was just Siege 2.0.

All the time, I did everything I could do to prove to you people that I could do the job.  And, time after time, I was disappointed and passed up in favor of people who got about as much achomplished as I could have done in one day of my Administration.

Whatever you guys didn't like about me, you can stick it in your nose and blow it out your ass.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 03:47:13 AM »

Gustaf never talked to me while I was VP.  When I acctually tried to run the Administration, people basically treated me like sh**t.  So, I said screw and jumped out of office just in time to miss my shot at being the President.

All the time, I did everything I could do to prove to you people that I could do the job.  And, time after time, I was disappointed and passed up in favor of people who got about as much achomplished as I could have done in one day of my Administration.

Whatever you guys didn't like about me, you can stick it in your nose and blow it out your ass.
yeah, I feel exactly the same
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 03:50:53 AM »

yeah, I feel exactly the same

You have a right to.  Any one who lost to either Siege or Joe or Gustaf has a right to be pissed.  Anyone who was VP while Gus, Siege and Nym were President has a right to be pissed.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 07:39:14 AM »

You know, I never went out of my way not to talk to you...it just did not happen. In retrospect, yes, I should have resigned much earlier than I did (in fact, probably even before the election).

And Harry, give it up already. You have a large part of the responsibility for why this is as bad as it is.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 07:56:12 AM »

And Harry, give it up already. You have a large part of the responsibility for why this is as bad as it is.

^^^^

He speaks the truth, but you weren't the only or the worst.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 08:15:16 AM »

Sorry to see you go. Sad
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 10:30:03 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2006, 10:34:43 AM by HumanRightsŪ (htmldon) »

Htmldon has stabbed us in the back, for some stupid reason (someone probably looked at him the wrong way).

Super, I am saddened that you would choose to say something like that.  I had definately supported Ford and opposed Ebowed in the past - but Ebowed',s courageous stand with me in support of the minimum wage was enough to tip my vote. When Ford accepted Assad's endorsement, that was the final straw.  Ebowed not using PM's solidified my decision, especially after I got a PM from John for the third time telling me to vote.  That being said, I could just have easily have first preferenced any of the candidates as I thought a great deal of all of them.

Despite your charge, I am deeply saddened at what you, John, and Wildcard are doing and am honestly considering leaving myself.  I am sick of the hyper-partisanship around here - the hyper-partisanship should be left to the real world where it belongs Tongue
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 10:39:42 AM »

I don't quite understand (before my time, perhaps).  Could you clarify?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 11:19:01 AM »

I don't quite understand (before my time, perhaps).  Could you clarify?

Oh God... they're going on about the whole UAC v Anti-UAC stuff again, can't they just drop... no. Not good. I think it's best if EVERYTHING comes out into the open; this is just a game, isn't it?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 11:21:27 AM »

You too?? Sad

(I'm using too many Sad's today Sad)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 11:48:40 AM »

I'm sorry to see you go Soulty, though I hope to still see you around the other boards.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 12:06:34 PM »

Are you gone or just leaving politics?  I really don't want you to do either.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 12:14:29 PM »

Good times, hoss. May the Three Amigos continue on another board. Cool Although given that most of the people I like are dropping Fantasy Politics...meh, I'll hang around for an attempt at voting reform. If it *AGAIN* doesn't happen, then F*** it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 02:18:25 PM »

You know, I never went out of my way not to talk to you...it just did not happen. In retrospect, yes, I should have resigned much earlier than I did (in fact, probably even before the election).

I never said you did Gus.  You just weren't there.  My complaint was not against you, but rather for the assholes who punced on me for trying to do that samethings that Ebowed and Emsworth have been praised for doing.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 02:24:02 PM »

I thought we could leave the personal attacks out, but since we can't, I'll say that your statement is total unproveable BS.  Especially since I haven't really done anything in the last 8 months where it really went downhill.

I remind everyone that when Nym90 was president, more than one person begged me to "take power."  Knowing that would be horrible precedent, I didn't.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 02:32:27 PM »

The funny thing is, that for all the crap he has taken, and the lack of recongnition he recieve, PBrunsel is the only guy ever elected to the Presidency who acctually earned the office.

He stuck with it and did his job right up to the very end.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 02:33:57 PM »

The funny thing is, that for all the crap he has taken, and the lack of recongnition he recieve, PBrusel is the only guy ever elected to the Presidency who acctually earned the office.
He ran a solid campaign and did a great job as president.  I commend him. Although Nym90 alos earned it, I think, even though he didn't do much with it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 02:35:01 PM »

The funny thing is, that for all the crap he has taken, and the lack of recongnition he recieve, PBrusel is the only guy ever elected to the Presidency who acctually earned the office.
He ran a solid campaign and did a great job as president.  I commend him. Although Nym90 alos earned it, I think, even though he didn't do much with it.

Well, Eric didn't really know what he was getting himself into.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 02:41:19 PM »

Are you gone or just leaving politics?  I really don't want you to do either.

No, I'll stick around on the other boards, but I am done with this stuff.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 03:07:32 PM »

Ouch Super I'm gone too, I have just come back to say that fantasy elections suck!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 03:16:22 PM »

Ouch Super I'm gone too, I have just come back to say that fantasy elections suck!

#1 reason not to join his sim. Who wants to be in one where this immature person is?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2006, 03:23:36 PM »

#1 reason not to join his sim. Who wants to be in one where this immature person is?
A very convincing argument, MasterJedi. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies