Meanwhile in Iran
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:24:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Meanwhile in Iran
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Meanwhile in Iran  (Read 3193 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2020, 09:06:54 AM »

The HSV strikes again.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/hundreds-dead-iran-methanol-coronavirus-protection

Who recommends this stuff?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 10:01:27 AM »

Smugglers and their paid quack doctors.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 05:29:42 AM »

Their crack military is at it again:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-middle-east-52612511

CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 07:34:20 AM »

Americans never do "friendly fire" of course Tongue
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 10:57:14 AM »

I am not American. The story is not American. Nothing in this thread mentioned the USA.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 11:54:52 AM »

Why are you so defensive of the Bearded men in charge of Iran that you're willing to embarrass yourself with such a stupid post?  Do you owe them money?
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 12:57:22 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2020, 05:32:00 PM by CumbrianLeftie »

I have no time for the Iranian regime, never have done.

But lets not pretend that things like the above only happen with "bad" countries, eh.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2022, 10:16:26 AM »

Husband decapitates 17 y.o. wife whom he married as a 12 y.o.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/09/middleeast/iran-teenage-wife-beheaded-intl/index.html

Nasty part of town.

Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2022, 01:36:15 PM »

I’ve seen this video. Not only is he walking down the street carrying his wife’s severed head, he isn’t even wearing shoes. What a psychopath!
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2022, 02:14:45 PM »

A lot of Sunni Arabs live in that part of Iran IIRC. Shi’a Islam does not condone honor killings, but many Sunni Muslims aligned with Saudi Arabia, the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, and the Arab Gulf “Sheikdoms” enthusiastically support honor killings.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2022, 02:59:03 AM »

I’ve seen this video. Not only is he walking down the street carrying his wife’s severed head, he isn’t even wearing shoes. What a psychopath!

Not wearing shoes?

Savagery.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2022, 02:33:41 PM »

When you think of Ruhollah Khomeini. aside from his nuttyness, you wish that he were here so we could get his local GP to say "take two Ruhollah and see me in the morning".
Ayatollah Khomeini I still feel was a far lesser evil than the Shah. For example, at least 60,000 political prisoners were killed by the Shah between 1953 and 1978, whereas only around 3,000 political prisoners were killed under Ayatollah Khomeini. Also, Iran under Ayatollah Khomeini did experience free and fair elections, which was not the case at least for the last 4 years of the Shahs rule.

Ideally, I would say that Ayatollah Hussein-Ali Montazeri or Ayatollah Yousef Saanei would have been the best post Revolutionary leaders of Iran. They were both Muslim reformers and would have been a great contrast to the vile Wahhabi clerics supported by Saudi Arabia, the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, and the Arab Gulf “Sheikdoms.”
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2022, 06:31:38 PM »

It’s not free and fair elections if he and his fellow cleric cultists retained the real power.
The Iranian people support such a system (as evident by their near unanimous votes in favor of the March and December 1979 Referendums), which means that the Iranian political system is truly a “government of the people, by the people, and for the people.” Also, the candidate selection process in Iran is similar in many ways to the pre 1976 Presidential candidate selection process in the US and enables highly qualified people with much experience in politics to serve in the Iranian government.

Compare the current election system in Iran to the sham elections run by either the Shah or his father before him (in particular the 1939 and 1960 Majlis elections). Iran is so much better off now that the fascist Shah is out of power. His family must never return to power and should be sent to Iran to face trial for the crimes they committed against the Iranian people.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2022, 07:09:05 PM »

It’s not free and fair elections if he and his fellow cleric cultists retained the real power.
The Iranian people support such a system (as evident by their near unanimous votes in favor of the March and December 1979 Referendums), which means that the Iranian political system is truly a “government of the people, by the people, and for the people.”

You...you do know that a full 65% of Iranians weren't even ALIVE in 1979, right? And a full 90% (!!!) were under voting age for those 1979 referenda? (Which weren't exactly free and fair anyway) "The Iranian people support such a system" is doing a lot of work.

Also, given the fate the Tudeh Party met at the hands of the current regime in 1982, it's pretty striking to me that any so-called "leftist" would support the regime that slaughtered your comrades. Of course, all of you leftists are snakes who love murdering your own, so no wonder, maybe it's actually an explanation for why you support them.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2022, 07:19:03 PM »

Khomeini and his successor as "Supreme Leader" were and are morally bankrupt. You can easily imagine both of them trawling the dark web.

All religion is unscientific nonsense in my eyes so these two people are using nonsense as a basis to hurt people. Both of them are •••••••••
Ayatollah Khomeini and Ayatollah Khamenei are a lot more morally strong than the Shah, who pretty much turned Iran into a country that included the worst elements of Nazi Germany, the US, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and the Arab Gulf “Sheikdoms.” Iran was a vassal state of the US and Israel from the 1950s until the Iranian Revolution and had the worst human rights record in the world as per Freedom House and Amnesty International reports from 1972-1978.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2022, 07:47:58 PM »

Khomeini and his successor as "Supreme Leader" were and are morally bankrupt. You can easily imagine both of them trawling the dark web.

All religion is unscientific nonsense in my eyes so these two people are using nonsense as a basis to hurt people. Both of them are •••••••••
Ayatollah Khomeini and Ayatollah Khamenei are a lot more morally strong than the Shah, who pretty much turned Iran into a country that included the worst elements of Nazi Germany, the US, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and the Arab Gulf “Sheikdoms.” Iran was a vassal state of the US and Israel from the 1950s until the Iranian Revolution and had the worst human rights record in the world as per Freedom House and Amnesty International reports from 1972-1978.
The moment you metioned Israel you lost all credibility. Muhammed himself was a Jew. He only turned his one man worship me cult into a new religion after the Jewish leaders of Mecca rejected his claim to be a prophet.

Lmao what Huh
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2022, 08:27:41 PM »

The moment you metioned Israel you lost all credibility. Muhammed himself was a Jew. He only turned his one man worship me cult into a new religion after the Jewish leaders of Mecca rejected his claim to be a prophet.

Lmao what Huh
I never heard of that either. The evidence shows that Muhammad was non-religious prior to 610. I recall reading that the main religions in Saudi Arabia prior to Islam were either Christianity, Zoroastrianism, or folk religions. Judaism was more common in parts of the Middle East other than Saudi Arabia during the 6th and 7th Century, so it was unlikely that Muhammad was Jewish.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2022, 06:51:01 AM »

Yeah, the more common (though still dubious) claim is that Islam is at root a Christian heresy.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2022, 08:10:51 AM »

As I said, like all religions in my ey3s, Islam is non scientific nonsense. Though there is no defence for Muhammad’s marrying a young child, being a war lord, a slaver, and a hypocrite over booze (he. loved wine)
For me, I am basically a supporter of Pantheism regarding religion and consider myself to be pretty much secular. My steadfast support for Iran and strong opposition to Israel and Zionism is not due to religious reasons and is for political reasons instead.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2022, 05:50:01 PM »

Soccer players for Iran can't remember the national anthem.

There in trouble when they get home.

Iranian National Anthem

https://youtu.be/Q0GkdCLo-cs
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2022, 09:16:50 AM »

Well, that's not good.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-27/iran-leader-praises-force-for-sacrifice/101703652

"Eye doctors say a rising number of people are presenting with severe eye injuries"

200 eye doctors in Iran have warned of increasing numbers of protestors who are shot and blinded by rubber bullets.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2022, 09:14:49 AM »

The NYT has a first page story that Iran has abolished the morality police.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/04/world/middleeast/iran-morality-police.html

"The morality police “was abolished by the same authorities who installed it,” the statement by Attorney General Mohammad Javad Montazeri said, according to state media reports. But he went on to suggest that the judiciary would still enforce restrictions on “social behavior.”

'He also indicated that the authorities were reviewing the head scarf regulations. But it was not clear whether the authorities planned to relax the hijab law, which remained in force."
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2022, 10:49:14 AM »

Any concessions by the ruling regime in these sorts of situations are significant.

But also quite possibly too little too late?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2022, 11:48:59 AM »

Muhammed was a what now
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2022, 01:06:33 PM »

Why is this troll thread allowed to stand up? I’ve reported this thread thrice at this point for racism and uselessness.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies