2020 Redistricting in Arizona (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:25:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Redistricting in Arizona (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Redistricting in Arizona  (Read 23880 times)
DaWN
United Kingdom

« on: July 14, 2020, 07:08:07 AM »

So we can definitely kiss AZ-01 and AZ-02 goodbye with the inevitable Republican gerrymander. Dems will be confined to 2 seats in Phoenix and 1 in Tucson

Madigan is going to have his work cut out for him in making up for the states where Dems will be gerrymandered to oblivion, that's for sure
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 07:38:42 AM »

So we can definitely kiss AZ-01 and AZ-02 goodbye with the inevitable Republican gerrymander. Dems will be confined to 2 seats in Phoenix and 1 in Tucson

Madigan is going to have his work cut out for him in making up for the states where Dems will be gerrymandered to oblivion, that's for sure

Yup. Democrats stupidly ceded their map-drawing ability in Virginia back to Republicans, turned their biggest states into commissions, and Republicans are going to nuke Florida, Texas, and Georgia into oblivion. Democrats are losing the House in 2022 for sure, it’s just a question of how bad will it be.

Eh, I'm not sure I'd go THAT far. The Democrats self-righteous idiocy is going to make it much harder than it should be, but by default the maps will be better than they were in the 2010s. There won't be any PA or MI gerrymanders, NC will automatically be better and WI will probably be a fair map... probably anyway. Point is, if Biden stays popular I don't think a hold is totally impossible and if he becomes unpopular it was going to be lost regardless of redistricting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies