Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 08:46:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 150001 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: May 04, 2020, 08:56:24 PM »

I think we on the right are beginning to swarm on the idea of portraying Biden as a "creepy" pervert with dementia.

Other have piled on this already, but I'll just note that probably a majority of Democrats already think he's a creepy pervert with dementia and are going to crawl across broken glass to vote for him against Trump anyway. Trump's creepier, more perverted, and more demented.

I seriously doubt that.

Ok, perhaps not a majority, and I definitely don't think a majority buy Tara Reade's story, but most of my friends were uncomfortable with the handsiness and hair-sniffing which is what I had in mind.

Well my anecdotal evidence is that only 1 of my friends was uncomfortable with it, and he's still 100% voting Biden anyway.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1826 on: May 04, 2020, 09:06:26 PM »

I think we on the right are beginning to swarm on the idea of portraying Biden as a "creepy" pervert with dementia.

Other have piled on this already, but I'll just note that probably a majority of Democrats already think he's a creepy pervert with dementia and are going to crawl across broken glass to vote for him against Trump anyway. Trump's creepier, more perverted, and more demented.

I seriously doubt that.

Ok, perhaps not a majority, and I definitely don't think a majority buy Tara Reade's story, but most of my friends were uncomfortable with the handsiness and hair-sniffing which is what I had in mind.

They are probably all under 30.

I was born during the Ford presidency.

Biden is from a different generation with different social norms so people have different expectations from him and that is already factored into their opinions of him.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1827 on: May 04, 2020, 09:14:07 PM »

We have not even given her a chance to tell her side in an unbiased setting.

For this purpose at least, why wouldn't Fox News Sunday qualify as an unbiased setting?
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1828 on: May 04, 2020, 11:07:54 PM »

So, even if Reade herself requested a copy of the complaint, the Secretary of the Senate would be unable to release it.

Like I said before
It just feels like many people and media are starting to get tired of this story

Its very telling that despite all of this news that has come out today
this story has not been trending on twitter nor does it seem to be getting any kind of major coverage from many other news sites anymore

I think in retrospect Tara may have hurt herself and this story buy turning down that Big fox news Sunday interview

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1829 on: May 04, 2020, 11:24:27 PM »

So, even if Reade herself requested a copy of the complaint, the Secretary of the Senate would be unable to release it.

Like I said before
It just feels like many people and media are starting to get tired of this story

Its very telling that despite all of this news that has come out today
this story has not been trending on twitter nor does it seem to be getting any kind of major coverage from many other news sites anymore

I think in retrospect Tara may have hurt herself and this story buy turning down that Big fox news Sunday interview

I like how #TaraReadeIsALiar was trending a couple of days ago
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1830 on: May 05, 2020, 01:18:06 AM »

Reade is now also RTing messages that say that Biden is going after her

5.6k brainless idiots that believe anything they read chose to like that tweet. Our party is in trouble.

5.6k people is the population of a small town and is likely to be composed of people from across the world, non-DEM lefties, and bots. This is not a Dems in Disarray moment

Why stop at 9 fictitious accusations when you can say 900?? Checkmate!!!

Are we calling Lucy Flores a liar now too?

Silence Republican.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1831 on: May 05, 2020, 05:16:33 AM »

Well I honestly don't know where else it could go then? If neither Tara or Biden can get that thing released, then we're at a standstill and a he said, she said. It feels like the story IS losing traction as the days go by.

This is a good Twitter thread, btw, that has a lot of info too on Reade's changing story and her updates to the Medium post

AtorBoltox

« Reply #1832 on: May 05, 2020, 05:48:08 AM »

This story could have been put to bed. This is incredibly unhelpful to Biden and he should try legal avenues to try get the records
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1833 on: May 05, 2020, 05:58:46 AM »

Reade is just going to deflect and act like Biden will know where it is. Which is something you'd likely say when you know it actually doesn't exist and want to pin the burden on someone else.

roxas11
United States

« Reply #1834 on: May 05, 2020, 06:44:33 AM »

I think it is becoming increasingly clear that Tara should have did that fox news interview if she wanted to keep people interested in this story. over the weekend this story was everywhere and everything was building up to Tara Reade Big interview on Sunday with fox news but than she would make what I now believe was her biggest mistake

She did that AP interview that had people raising questions about her credibility and she canceled her fox new interview on the same day. that was a “1-2 punch” that she has so far not recovered from and by Monday interest in the story rapidly declined.

Now even if Tara decides to do a big interview down the line I don't think many will even care by that point because by the end of the day she failed to strike when the iron was hot.

that fox news interview was her moment to take things to the next level and she let it slip by not choosing not to do it.

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1835 on: May 05, 2020, 07:16:57 AM »

I think it is becoming increasingly clear that Tara should have did that fox news interview if she wanted to keep people interested in this story. over the weekend this story was everywhere and everything was building up to Tara Reade Big interview on Sunday with fox news but than she would make what I now believe was her biggest mistake

She did that AP interview that had people raising questions about her credibility and she canceled her fox new interview on the same day. that was a “1-2 punch” that she has so far not recovered from and by Monday interest in the story rapidly declined.

Now even if Tara decides to do a big interview down the line I don't think many will even care by that point because by the end of the day she failed to strike when the iron was hot.

that fox news interview was her moment to take things to the next level and she let it slip by not choosing not to do it.

For all we know, Chris Wallace would have asked her hardball questions, exacerbating her collapse.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1836 on: May 05, 2020, 07:27:50 AM »

For all we know, Chris Wallace would have asked her hardball questions, exacerbating her collapse.

As I've said before, Chris Wallace is one of the fairest journalists working at any of the broadcast or cable networks now. He puts many of his colleagues, especially those at Fox News, to shame. I first made note of this when comparing his performance as moderator during the 2016 presidential debates to those of the moderators from NBC, CNN, and ABC.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1837 on: May 05, 2020, 07:49:04 AM »

On the question of replacing Biden on the ticket, Harry Enten weighs in:

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1838 on: May 05, 2020, 08:19:59 AM »

On the question of replacing Biden on the ticket, Harry Enten weighs in:

The only ones thinking that Biden is going to be replaced are delusional Bernie Bros.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1839 on: May 05, 2020, 08:21:00 AM »

I think Reade decided not to do Fox because A) Biden's comments about the complaint on MJ and B) she knew Wallace was the one Fox person who WOULDN'T give her a softball interview
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1840 on: May 05, 2020, 08:26:53 AM »

Biden would only be replaced if he admitted the allegation were true.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1841 on: May 05, 2020, 08:28:01 AM »

why would he admit to something he didn't do?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1842 on: May 05, 2020, 08:37:51 AM »

I think Reade decided not to do Fox because A) Biden's comments about the complaint on MJ and B) she knew Wallace was the one Fox person who WOULDN'T give her a softball interview

Are there any serious journalists left at Fox News besides Chris Wallace?

It was sad to see Shepard Smith leave.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1843 on: May 05, 2020, 08:57:33 AM »

why would he admit to something he didn't do?

If he didn't do it, which is what it looks like, he wouldn't.

If he did it, even though the evidence looks like he didn't, he easily could.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1844 on: May 05, 2020, 09:31:42 AM »

Are there any serious journalists left at Fox News besides Chris Wallace?

It was sad to see Shepard Smith leave.

I made note of this above. As I've also said before, Chris Wallace should be at his father's old network of CBS, not Fox.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1845 on: May 05, 2020, 09:43:54 AM »

Nancy Pelosi and a host of others who are very measured and thoughtful about what they say stood by him last week. She wouldn't have done that without grilling his ass first. I believe Biden.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1846 on: May 05, 2020, 09:48:57 AM »

Nancy Pelosi and a host of others who are very measured and thoughtful about what they say stood by him last week. She wouldn't have done that without grilling his ass first. I believe Biden.
I was thinking about this and the Obama endorsement. I don't think Obama would have endorsed so full-throatedly as he did if he wasn't positive this wouldn't damage his legacy. He knows that it's going to be clear who is telling the truth in the end.
Roblox

« Reply #1847 on: May 05, 2020, 09:50:01 AM »

I was thinking about this and the Obama endorsement. I don't think Obama would have endorsed so full-throatedly as he did if he wasn't positive this wouldn't damage his legacy. He knows that it's going to be clear who is telling the truth in the end.

Uh, why are we taking endorsements from democratic leaders of the presumptive democratic nominee as some sort of special sign?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1848 on: May 05, 2020, 09:52:31 AM »

His VP vetting team would have found a complaint or any dirt, if there was one. They weren't as inept as Trump's people.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1849 on: May 05, 2020, 09:53:59 AM »

Uh, why are we taking endorsements from democratic leaders of the presumptive democratic nominee as some sort of special sign?
Obama is someone who cares about his legacy more than anything. I have a feeling (and I may be wrong) that he probably looked into this case independently and thinks its a dud (whether or not he has information that we don't is a separate matter, of course).
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies