Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:40:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 149462 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: May 01, 2020, 02:42:15 PM »

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/woman-claims-biden-sexually-harassed-her-when-she-was-14-years-old-by-complimenting-her-breasts/

So this was just published. Just Googling the author reveals that he is a Bernie or Buster who spreads conspiracy theories about DNC rigging and media bias, says Pete Buttigieg is funded by a Trump-supporting Russian oligarch, and whose Facebook is full of anti-Democratic Party and anti-Clinton stuff.

This is really getting ridiculous.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1426 on: May 01, 2020, 02:43:10 PM »

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/woman-claims-biden-sexually-harassed-her-when-she-was-14-years-old-by-complimenting-her-breasts/

So this was just published. Just Googling the author reveals that he is a Bernie or Buster who spreads conspiracy theories about DNC rigging and media bias, says Pete Buttigieg is funded by a Trump-supporting Russian oligarch, and whose Facebook is full of anti-Democratic Party and anti-Clinton stuff.

It's from the niece of his 2008 senate opponent. Please stop posting this crap in this thread.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1427 on: May 01, 2020, 02:44:00 PM »

A very tangential question:
The UoD records are "currently sealed until two years after Biden leaves public life". 
But didn't Biden "leave public life" in 2017?  Why weren't they unsealed in 2019? 
If he didn't "leave public life" in 2019, what exactly constitutes the official date that someone "leaves public life"?

The records will be available no sooner than the later date of December 31, 2019, or two years after the donor retires from public life.

https://library.udel.edu/special/joseph-r-biden-jr-senatorial-papers/

He started running for POTUS in April 2019 rendering the December 31, 2019 date moot.

This is also something that people are getting wrong, and Mika did too: the UoD said back in *2011* that they wouldn't be released until 2 years after he retires. It wasn't some grand conspiracy cooked up in the past 2 years.

Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1428 on: May 01, 2020, 02:44:55 PM »

To be clear, I am not going to call Read a liar until the investigation is completed, but seeing such blatantly obvious agendas makes me increasingly believe that nothing is actually going to come of this.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1429 on: May 01, 2020, 02:45:41 PM »

It seems like most people believe Biden on this I'm still not 100% sure what is true or not I want to see the records before I make a decision if the records are there than it needs to be further investigated because that would mean that she did make a claim if the records are not there then we can simply move on from this

What records?

The national archives, where the complaint would actually have been filed?  They've already been investigated.  The complaint doesn't exist.

Biden's U. Del papers?  Those aren't personnel papers.  They wouldn't have the complaint.  You might as well ask to see Biden's personal diary.  The reason people are asking for this is to try to make it look like a cover-up when he says no, or to get embarrassing personal stories if he says yes.  Everyone knows the Tara Reade complaint, if it existed, wouldn't be in those papers.

Reade is going to look very bad if not even the original "harassment" complaint is in the archives. It's starting to feel like no such complaint of *anything* really exists.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1430 on: May 01, 2020, 02:46:31 PM »

Also let's just think about this: why is Reade so desperate to do TV interviews with this?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1431 on: May 01, 2020, 02:58:27 PM »

I don't really want to go out for Tara Reade because the same standard applies for her and Biden as it does for Kavanaugh and Ford. I will Reserve final judgment until we get conclusion to the whole papers thing I know General MacArthur says one thing but I'm going to wait until then
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1432 on: May 01, 2020, 03:00:09 PM »

I've largely been trying to steer clear of this story and won't be sharing a personal opinion or assessment on its truthfulness or believability.

What I will say is that Biden's interview this morning is the best form I've seen him in since his 2012 debate with Ryan, and his campaign would be well-served by more of that.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1433 on: May 01, 2020, 03:15:07 PM »

That does actually seem like something Biden would have said back in his prime.
BL53931
Rookie

« Reply #1434 on: May 01, 2020, 03:15:19 PM »

Is it me or is CNN hyping this story? Lots of 'BREAKING NEWS' that isn't, breathless allegations, etc. I have a long memory, they fawned all over Trump in 2016.  They'd interrupt their new s to break to him landing at some podunk airport, that sort of thing. I think I understand their game, they live on hype but in this case their need for ratings could have a catastrophic outcome for all of us.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1435 on: May 01, 2020, 03:21:15 PM »

To be clear, I am not going to call Read a liar until the investigation is completed, but seeing such blatantly obvious agendas makes me increasingly believe that nothing is actually going to come of this.

What investigation? The police moved Reade's complaint to inactive status and there isn't a law enforcement agency investigating. All that is happening is a bunch of speculating about a claim that even Reade said that she didn't make in her 1993 complaint.

Just because she is a woman doesn't mean she isn't lying. You all have twisted Me Too into "anyone accused should step down regardless of whether the claim is true or not" and that really isn't what the movement is. It's not a political strategy to accuse someone of rape.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1436 on: May 01, 2020, 03:55:11 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2020, 04:11:57 PM by pppolitics »

I am almost finished with my Tara Reade article.  I've sent a few of you copies of the rough draft.  If anyone else is interested in proofreading it for me, send me a PM.

I've sent you seven pages of edits.

I hope that you read through them.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1437 on: May 01, 2020, 04:05:50 PM »

What investigation? The police moved Reade's complaint to inactive status and there isn't a law enforcement agency investigating. All that is happening is a bunch of speculating about a claim that even Reade said that she didn't make in her 1993 complaint.

Just because she is a woman doesn't mean she isn't lying. You all have twisted Me Too into "anyone accused should step down regardless of whether the claim is true or not" and that really isn't what the movement is. It's not a political strategy to accuse someone of rape.

Many have misinterpreted what ‘BelieveWomen’ means.

‘BelieveWomen’ means that women should be provided the benefit of doubt.

It does not mean that all women must be believe, no matter how ridiculous the allegations.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1438 on: May 01, 2020, 04:15:04 PM »

The fact that the media hasn't spent a second addressing the numerous glaring holes in this allegation while treating it as solid fact is utterly disgraceful.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1439 on: May 01, 2020, 04:16:55 PM »

It does not mean that all women must be believe, no matter how ridiculous the allegations.

You're absolutely right. I too believe allegations should be looked into, and looked into without prejudice (something we've been struggling to ensure for the women seeking justice for far too long). And the benefit of the doubt must apply to the accused part as well.

We know most of the allegations turns out to be true, but there are bound to be made up ones. And no one should be fired, forced to resign or, like in Biden's case, drooping out until something is proven.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1440 on: May 01, 2020, 04:29:23 PM »

Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1441 on: May 01, 2020, 04:29:53 PM »

I think you're misunderstanding me (but maybe I could've been clearer). I don't believe the accusations at all because of how full of holes they are, and this blatant hitjob from a guy who intensely hates the Democratic Party and is a Bernie-or-Buster only makes me NOT believe them more. I'm not a #BelieveAllWomen kind of person.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1442 on: May 01, 2020, 04:31:35 PM »

You're absolutely right. I too believe allegations should be looked into, and looked into without prejudice (something we've been struggling to ensure for the women seeking justice for far too long). And the benefit of the doubt must apply to the accused part as well.

We know most of the allegations turns out to be true, but there are bound to be made up ones. And no one should be fired, forced to resign or, like in Biden's case, drooping out until something is proven.

This is the big point here. There's nothing really to look into.

• The Complaint She Said She Filed: Doesn't Exist
  • Specific Location Where She Said It Happened: Unknown, Won't Disclose
  • Time When She Said It Happened: Unknown, Won't Disclose
  • Day When She Said It Happened: Unknown, Won't Disclose
  • Contemporaneous At-Location Testimony: None

And there's the character that needs to be considered since this is all hearsay claims:

• Timing for Maximum Political Impact: Tic Toc Tweet
  • Tampering with Supposed Trail: Ninja Changing Older Online Documentation to Fit
  • History of Questionable Character: Defrauding Non-Profits, Documented
  • Supposed Phone Call Evidence: No Mention of Literally Anything Related to Claims
  • Change of Story: Not Just Specifics, but Entirety of Claim

I'm not convinced in the slightest, and I think that Joe did a good job stopping this earlier today.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1443 on: May 01, 2020, 04:39:26 PM »

Incredible that American voters could really be distracted by one or two women who might or might not have been victims of a sexually motivated attack by Joe Biden, while the village idiot in the White House who's endangering millions of American lives each day (did you drink your daily glass of disinfectant yet ?) gets a free pass ...

I hope American voters are not that retarded.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1444 on: May 01, 2020, 04:40:21 PM »

Incredible that American voters could really be distracted by one or two women who might or might not have been victims of a sexually motivated attack by Joe Biden, while the village idiot in the White House who's endangering millions of American lives each day (did you drink your daily glass of disinfectant yet ?) gets a free pass ...

Republican ones are.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1445 on: May 01, 2020, 04:41:17 PM »

They were covering Trump's accusers almost all day in October 2016 along with Hollywood Access Tape
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1446 on: May 01, 2020, 04:46:05 PM »

They were covering Trump's accusers almost all day in October 2016 along with Hollywood Access Tape

Yes, because Trump admitted to being a rapist on tape.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1447 on: May 01, 2020, 04:49:52 PM »

This is the end game for these sore losers. They should not be allowed to pretend that they care about Tara Reade or victims of sexual assault. They just want an excuse to overturn the democratic election results and force Sanders down the throat of an electorate that just overwhelmingly rejected him. They are deeply sick people.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1448 on: May 01, 2020, 04:53:32 PM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1449 on: May 01, 2020, 04:58:21 PM »

Most of the people that believe Trump's accusers will never believe a Dem's accuser, and vice versa. It's all partisan at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies