Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:13:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 149466 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: May 01, 2020, 12:38:29 PM »

There is no three-dimensional chess. Trump just blurts out whatever he thinks.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1401 on: May 01, 2020, 12:42:42 PM »

He should drop out. We don't need this crap right now
Be quiet!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1402 on: May 01, 2020, 12:43:53 PM »

He should drop out. We don't need this crap right now
Silence republican
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1403 on: May 01, 2020, 12:59:10 PM »

So, I'll admit my expectations for the interview were incredibly low. But to my surprise, there were no major gaffes or brain fart moments from Biden. Hopefully he can keep up this energy for the rest of the campaign.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1404 on: May 01, 2020, 01:01:50 PM »

A very tangential question:
The UoD records are "currently sealed until two years after Biden leaves public life". 
But didn't Biden "leave public life" in 2017?  Why weren't they unsealed in 2019? 
If he didn't "leave public life" in 2019, what exactly constitutes the official date that someone "leaves public life"?
BlueGrassKentuckian
Rookie

« Reply #1405 on: May 01, 2020, 01:02:34 PM »

So, I'll admit my expectations for the interview were incredibly low. But to my surprise, there were no major gaffes or brain fart moments from Biden. Hopefully he can keep up this energy for the rest of the campaign.

I know the pause thing is being used out of context (I mean what do you expect, he answered same question multiple time). However, saying 600,000 people died from Coronavirus twice is a pretty big deal, not a 'gaffe'
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1406 on: May 01, 2020, 01:10:30 PM »

The UoD records are "currently sealed until two years after Biden leaves public life". 
But didn't Biden "leave public life" in 2017?  Why weren't they unsealed in 2019? 
If he didn't "leave public life" in 2019, what exactly constitutes the official date that someone "leaves public life"?

The conditions do seem pretty broad. Usually, when records are set to go public, its "x years after death" or something concrete like that.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1407 on: May 01, 2020, 01:12:14 PM »

The records will be available no sooner than the later date of December 31, 2019, or two years after the donor retires from public life.

https://library.udel.edu/special/joseph-r-biden-jr-senatorial-papers/

He started running for POTUS in April 2019 rendering the December 31, 2019 date moot.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1408 on: May 01, 2020, 01:13:48 PM »

Watch a bunch of media outlets start hounding Biden for not releasing his UoD records now even though they are irrelevant to this accusation. Just shows that the media will create a higher set of requirements for candidates who show they are willing to be transparent, while doing nothing to candidates who outright refuse. Reminds me of that scumbag Matt Lauer grilling Hillary at the candidate forum while being chummy with Trump the same night. Reprehensible
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1409 on: May 01, 2020, 01:15:46 PM »

Thank you, Mr. President.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1410 on: May 01, 2020, 01:31:45 PM »

Umm...

https://medium.com/@lucymoore_28804/serious-question-tara-do-you-want-me-your-old-confidant-coming-out-and-telling-all-your-real-fc9a51b4ebd3
Roblox

« Reply #1411 on: May 01, 2020, 01:36:01 PM »

Ok what's with everyone writing posts on Medium?
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1412 on: May 01, 2020, 01:37:47 PM »

Medium is turning into Tumblr lmao
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1413 on: May 01, 2020, 01:38:29 PM »

So...can we just agree to not take anything on Medium seriously, whether helpful or harmful to our candidates? Thanks in advance.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1414 on: May 01, 2020, 01:49:37 PM »

Sorry, I was under the impression that this was a reputable source. This disregard that article.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1415 on: May 01, 2020, 02:22:00 PM »

What confuses me (and always has) about all the MeToo movement activists' argument that Biden needs to be crucified for this is that they basically just want him to admit guilt and drop out no matter what. The whole point of "Believe Women" is to stop the practice of just outright dismissing a woman's claim as false from the get go. Women should be heard, and their claims should be valued enough to be diligently investigated. Isn't that exactly what is being done here?

The Biden campaign isn't smearing Tara for her character, they aren't engaging in "whataboutism" by bringing up Trump's actions, and they are complying with investigative efforts by calling on the Secretary of the Senate to release any documents from the National Archive (where her complaint would be located) that would back up Tara's story.

Biden and his campaign aren't simply dismissing her claim at face value. They have read her story extensively, kept up with investigative reporting on it, and then, as a result of the multiple inconsistencies and lies in the story, along with their first-hand knowledge of Biden's character, stating that they do not believe the allegation is true.

The Me Too movement is pointless if it just results in forcing men to admit guilt regardless of the available evidence. Women absolutely should be heard, valued, and have their claims thoroughly investigated. But if that investigation turns up evidence that is problematic for the accuser, or just a complete lack of evidence in general, especially when it goes against the accused's well-known character.... I just don't see the value in crucifying the accused when there isn't sufficient grounds to do so. There needs to be a line drawn where we value and believe women, but also realize that we can't just be destroying people's lives based on evidence that is flimsy at best.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1416 on: May 01, 2020, 02:28:28 PM »

It’s funny how the neighbor didn’t remember the story until Tara called her to remind her? You forgot all this time? The man who raped your friend running on the ticket with the first Black POTUS didn’t trigger anything? Oh ok....

The lies are almost comical at this point if we weren’t facing down the barrel of another Trump term.

Whats most interesting about this too is that this woman neighbor allegedly has first hand knowledge of the incident straight from the victim's mouth and is.... still voting for Biden
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1417 on: May 01, 2020, 02:31:51 PM »

"as pressure mounts"?? where is pressure mounting from? a few journalists? these headlines are ridiculous. there is absolutely no protocol to release those documents and no reason to. they literally have nothing to do with personnel issues. it's literally just the media trying to drum up some fake outrage when they can't get the info they want.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1418 on: May 01, 2020, 02:33:17 PM »

Take it for what it's worth, but Twitter is usually anti-Biden and a total cesspool, but the only topic I see trending in the top 10 right now is "#IBelieveBiden shockingly. Reade and Mika were trending earlier but have since disappeared.
NEW JERSEY FOR MENENDEZ
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1419 on: May 01, 2020, 02:35:24 PM »

I feel vindicated, I knew Tara Reade was full of it, and Biden is clearly confident that these claims are unfounded. He did great in the Morning Joe interview (which was one of the most confrontational I've seen on their show) and issued a perfect rebuttal. Of course, you'll have Bernie's goal-post moving lackeys (about 5% of his supporters, mind you) screeching on Twitter that he's lying or that the evidence has been destroyed.

So now we know that this allegation is Ping Pong Pizza levels of delusion.
NEW JERSEY FOR MENENDEZ
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1420 on: May 01, 2020, 02:36:00 PM »

"as pressure mounts"?? where is pressure mounting from? a few journalists? these headlines are ridiculous. there is absolutely no protocol to release those documents and no reason to. they literally have nothing to do with personnel issues. it's literally just the media trying to drum up some fake outrage when they can't get the info they want.
Also these documents would contain nothing regarding complaints against Biden or his staff.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1421 on: May 01, 2020, 02:36:30 PM »

It seems like most people believe Biden on this I'm still not 100% sure what is true or not I want to see the records before I make a decision if the records are there than it needs to be further investigated because that would mean that she did make a claim if the records are not there then we can simply move on from this
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1422 on: May 01, 2020, 02:36:43 PM »

Good job by Biden! Just need to hope nothing else comes of this but that was the completely appropriate setting and response.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1423 on: May 01, 2020, 02:39:21 PM »

It seems like most people believe Biden on this I'm still not 100% sure what is true or not I want to see the records before I make a decision if the records are there than it needs to be further investigated because that would mean that she did make a claim if the records are not there then we can simply move on from this

What records?

The national archives, where the complaint would actually have been filed?  They've already been investigated.  The complaint doesn't exist.

Biden's U. Del papers?  Those aren't personnel papers.  They wouldn't have the complaint.  You might as well ask to see Biden's personal diary.  The reason people are asking for this is to try to make it look like a cover-up when he says no, or to get embarrassing personal stories if he says yes.  Everyone knows the Tara Reade complaint, if it existed, wouldn't be in those papers.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1424 on: May 01, 2020, 02:39:39 PM »

This this accusation came a year ago, when Biden was still one of the many candidates running in yet-to-commence primary, he would've gotten an Al Franken treatment.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies