Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:29:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148133 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: May 01, 2020, 09:00:20 AM »

I hope Biden sues Reade when the records show nothing.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1326 on: May 01, 2020, 09:02:58 AM »

That would be terrible optics
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1327 on: May 01, 2020, 09:11:26 AM »

"Why won't Biden release his personal senate records" is the new "why won't Hillary just release all her emails" except dumber.

Some have already termed the UD records the “Blue Hen Dossier.” The RW media have become professionals at the theatrics of scandals.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1328 on: May 01, 2020, 09:12:43 AM »

That would be terrible optics

After he becomes president, of course.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1329 on: May 01, 2020, 09:15:32 AM »

Inject it directly into my veins.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1330 on: May 01, 2020, 09:16:03 AM »

Does anyone have information or evidence that shows that this complaint would only be in the National Archives and not at the UoD? Or anything that contradicts that? I don’t want to just take people at their word even though I don’t believe the allegations

Tara Reade herself said that she went to the senate to file a complaint in 1993
realistically something like that should be in the National archives which is controlled ran by the senate. If tara did file a complaint back in 1993 as she claims it should be in those archives not in a UoD

To me that is this is biggest problem with her story
While its true The UoD is Biden property  

The actual compliant is hers and she should have been able to get a copy of that if it was real. I know Mitch would have gladly helped get one.

But The idea that she need to get into Biden UoD in order to find her own complaint that she gave to the Senate in 1993 is ridiculous and makes no sense at all lol

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1331 on: May 01, 2020, 09:16:19 AM »

#IBelieveBiden
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1332 on: May 01, 2020, 09:24:29 AM »

There was another reporter who basically said the UoD archives are controlled by Biden, so HE curates what goes in them. So there would be no reason to even search them b/c it's not like he would put anything damaging in them.

Hoping that the story starts to dissipate after Reade's interview on Fox. The question is will she look like a deranged partisan (based on her tweets and recent interviews)?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1333 on: May 01, 2020, 09:40:54 AM »

There is no way that personnel files would ever be in anyone's personal papers, because it would make any sense for them to be there.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1334 on: May 01, 2020, 09:42:36 AM »

Under different circumstances, I think that the "release the papers" meme could be quite damaging to a Biden campaign, but now that he's responded so well and it has become pretty clear that the documentation that Reade claims she filed doesn't exist, I think that this story will return to the rightwing and leftwing echo-chambers. People love their conspiracies, but unlike in 2016, every voter's life is upside down right now due to real-world consequences of this pandemic. I just can't imagine many voters getting upset over Biden's UD paper collection when there are so many other issues that will define this election.

Transparency, like campaign finance, is something that the DC press corps obsesses about but voters don't give a rat's ass.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1335 on: May 01, 2020, 09:47:13 AM »

Reade has multiple contemporaneous witnesses, ranging from interns verifying that she was suddenly removed from her position at the time to her neighbour verifying her claim of sexual harassment back in 1995. Even without senate records verifying the claim she already has far more evidence than CBF or that wacky lady who said 'rape is sexy' did.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if someone had lost the original filing in the decades since, which would explain why Biden is putting such an emphasis on them.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1336 on: May 01, 2020, 09:54:26 AM »

Reade has multiple contemporaneous witnesses, ranging from interns verifying that she was suddenly removed from her position at the time to her neighbour verifying her claim of sexual harassment back in 1995. Even without senate records verifying the claim she already has far more evidence than CBF or that wacky lady who said 'rape is sexy' did.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if someone had lost the original filing in the decades since, which would explain why Biden is putting such an emphasis on them.

Reade being removed from her position doesn't prove anything, and the neighbor back in 1995 was recently "refreshed" by Reade of the details of the story. Biden is not the one putting emphasis on the records, Reade was. Since that was the only paper trail of her alleged complaint.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1337 on: May 01, 2020, 09:59:31 AM »

I think the Biden campaign has handled this as well as it could've been handled.  For a Democratic candidate, this is a difficult issue to navigate because Democratic voters hold their candidates to a different standard than Republican voters do. 

I'm donating to Biden's campaign again to show my continued support.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1338 on: May 01, 2020, 10:02:17 AM »

Reade being removed from her position doesn't prove anything, and the neighbor back in 1995 was recently "refreshed" by Reade of the details of the story. Biden is not the one putting emphasis on the records, Reade was. Since that was the only paper trail of her alleged complaint.

Biden literally only addressed the records, and even then refused to open those held by the University of Delaware.

Also I'll just point out that all the "refreshing" in the world wasn't sufficient to get Blasey Ford's friends to place her at Kavanaugh's party despite nearly every major news outlet chomping at the bit for them to do so. You'll have to forgive me if I'm just a little bit skeptical that Reade was able to transform her Biden supporting neighbour's memory from "uncomfortable touching" to "violent sexual assault".

Also, Biden denied doing anything. So if your story is that the initial claims were true then Biden is still engaging in blatant lies to cover his ass. If he's completely innocent then the fact that the witnesses were informed back in the 90s is far more relevant than the specific claims made.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1339 on: May 01, 2020, 10:02:17 AM »

The strategy that Biden is hoping to do is to slow down the news cycle to the point they can put their best foot forward.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1340 on: May 01, 2020, 10:05:05 AM »

Americans, please not get yourself distracted by this artificial scandal about a woman who might have been assaulted or not.

The elephant in the room is not Biden or Tara Reid, but the incompetence of Trump and the failure and degenerate he is as a person and as POTUS.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1341 on: May 01, 2020, 10:10:05 AM »

The irony of MAGA twitter attacking Biden for a lack of transparency on sexual assault allegations is breathtaking.
cris01us
Rookie

« Reply #1342 on: May 01, 2020, 10:11:33 AM »

The #Nevertrump, #anyonebuttrump, #anybodyblue, etc. movements are to strong this election cycle.  Just like people held their nose and went Trump they will do the same for Biden.  They have already been justifying it "Well at least he's not as bad as Trump", "Well he's a career politician, but that's better than Trump", "Well he may have had some shady dealings, but that's nothing compared to Trump", and it goes on and on.  Every reservation is countered with a justification, and that's fine and to be expected.  It's when Independents and the unaffiliated start doing it that you know the GOP has a problem on their hands.

The novelty of the "outsider" for Trump is gone.  The protest vote (Bernie supporters 2016) that went to Trump is evaporating.  The folks who "protested" by staying home and not voting, won't this time.  The "NeverTrump" within the GOP is still there.  I mean ever metric I can think of goes against Trump.  The media, the money, the projected turnout, changes to voting laws (mail-in, same day registration, etc.).  Plus you have Trump and his tweets and the ridiculous things he says on camera (he's his own worst enemy).  Moderates and people in the middle cringe when they hear and see him, instead of saying "sure I'll vote for him again".  In the end that spells out his fate in November.

The GOP, at worst, will over play this hand just like they did on Bill Clinton in the 90s.  It comes off as a woman trying to take down a Presidential candidate, just because he is one and as timed as such.  It just won't play out against him to enough of an effect or work in the end.  
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1343 on: May 01, 2020, 10:14:32 AM »

CBS will release an audio sample of a private conversation between Joe Biden and Billy Bush between the 1st and 2nd Presidential debates later this year.

The point is, you cannot stop this, and with the Democratic candidate on the road after July, Biden will have to argue against the hypocrisy of silence from the Democrats and left wing media.

That will be the fallout from this.

And Donald Trump will be asking the Ukrainian President for dirt on Hunter Biden in exchange for some favourable deal.

So this just goes on the pile of allegations that Joe Biden has to deal with in 2020.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1344 on: May 01, 2020, 10:16:05 AM »

Biden literally only addressed the records, and even then refused to open those held by the University of Delaware.

Also I'll just point out that all the "refreshing" in the world wasn't sufficient to get Blasey Ford's friends to place her at Kavanaugh's party despite nearly every major news outlet chomping at the bit for them to do so. You'll have to forgive me if I'm just a little bit skeptical that Reade was able to transform her Biden supporting neighbour's memory from "uncomfortable touching" to "violent sexual assault".

Also, Biden denied doing anything. So if your story is that the initial claims were true then Biden is still engaging in blatant lies to cover his ass. If he's completely innocent then the fact that the witnesses were informed back in the 90s is far more relevant than the specific claims made.

There is absolutely no reason why Biden should have to open his UoD papers. A) they have nothing to do with personnel, B) there is no protocol for it) and C) biden and his team curated the papers anyway, so there wouldn't be anything damaging to begin with. People wanting him to open his entire UoD history up are just looking for a fishing expedition.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1345 on: May 01, 2020, 10:18:06 AM »

Also, sorry, but Reade going on Fox News of all platforms just goes to show her intentions. She clearly doesn't care about the truth coming out and pushing the movement forward. She has an axe to grind.

Did I miss when Christine Blasey Ford did TV interviews? Nope, because she did none. Did I miss when Christine Blasey Ford was tweeting nonsense all day long? Nope, because she didn't do it. The way that Reade is handling this makes her look like she's on a mission to destroy.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1346 on: May 01, 2020, 10:22:40 AM »

Something that should be noted is that the Trump campaign and Fox may not believe that there is anything related to Reade in the UD papers, but may be hoping that there is unrelated damaging information in them.

Also, it gives them a way to keep the scandal going into the Fall campaign.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1347 on: May 01, 2020, 10:38:20 AM »

Left speechless?

You support Trump! Your pushing of the already debunked narrative is honestly breathtaking hypocrisy.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1348 on: May 01, 2020, 10:39:41 AM »

Left speechless?

Yeah and how come Hillary didn't search her emails for "I did Benghazi and I'm glad those dumb diplomats died!!!"

Smoking gun right there
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1349 on: May 01, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »

Left speechless?

No.

You are only using a clip with one exchange between Biden and the journalist.

Biden said about 10 times before that those DE University files don’t have to be searched because there is nothing to look at there.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies