Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:54:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 149445 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: April 27, 2020, 04:04:56 PM »
« edited: April 27, 2020, 04:09:34 PM by pppolitics »

The Biden camp needs dig up every dirty detail of Reade's life and leak it to the public.

Drop the nuke on her (politically speaking) and show her that Biden is a force of nature not to be messed with.
Bro... that's some Trumpian thinking right there. We don't stoop to their lows. And how is it going to look to viciously tear into this woman, even though it is likely she isn't telling the truth? That's honestly a really bad idea... and will make Democrats look like hypocrites after Kavanaugh.

Exactly.  Attacking the woman is the worst thing they can do.  She is not coming across as credible and so the major news media outlets are not covering the story (as they shouldn't).  If the Biden camp attacks the woman, it would make people think Biden is afraid of what she has to say and give the media a reason to cover the story.  

I am not saying to do it publicly.

Slowly leak it in a way that can't be traced back to the campaign.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #776 on: April 27, 2020, 04:05:01 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2020, 05:46:21 PM by YE »

call me what you want I still do not buy this woman BS

In here own word in April 202O

his actions were NOT “sexualization,” but rather compared his actions toward her as being demeaning and treating her like a “pretty” lamp that is thrown away when it’s too bright. She also claimed that her story was not “a story about sexual misconduct.”

and she also spent years changing her story

In 2009 she claimed to have left Washington DC for the midwest because her husband Tate, at the time, had received a job offer for a Congressman. She claims to have also received a job offer to work for a Governor’s race in California around the same time period

In 2018  she now claimed she left Washington DC because she was sick of American imperialism and because she “love Russia with all her heart.

In 2019 she claimed she left Washington DC and she was forced to resign because some prominent Senator decided that he liked my legs. I was sad and lost and moved on

these are 3 different Versions of the same story told by this woman over the many years
I sorry But as far as concerned this woman is liar with no credibility at all and if that makes me disgusting for thanking that than so be it
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #777 on: April 27, 2020, 04:07:25 PM »

This doesn't really add anything new to the story. Reade's story is still changing, which doesn't lend her credibility. If more allegations came out, I'd be more inclined to take them seriously, since there's usually a pattern with sex abusers. I also find it really strange that this neighbor is still going to vote for Biden.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #778 on: April 27, 2020, 04:13:06 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2020, 05:45:26 PM by YE »

I don't know if Tara Reade is telling the truth. I can say that the way certain members of this community have treated her claims in this thread is disgusting.

his actions were NOT “sexualization,” but rather compared his actions toward her as being demeaning and treating her like a “pretty” lamp that is thrown away when it’s too bright. She also claimed that her story was not “a story about sexual misconduct.”

In 2009 she claimed to have left Washington DC for the midwest because her husband Tate, at the time, had received a job offer for a Congressman. She claims to have also received a job offer to work for a Governor’s race in California around the same time period

In 2018  she now claimed she left Washington DC because she was sick of American imperialism and because she “love Russia with all her heart.

In 2019 she claimed she left Washington DC and she was forced to resign because some prominent Senator decided that he liked my legs. I was sad and lost and moved on

these are 3 different Versions of the same story told by this woman over the many years
I sorry But as far as concerned this woman is liar with no credibility at all and if that makes me disgusting for thanking that than so be it

Quote deleted by moderator.

People are only calling her a liar because she has changed her story so many times about so many different aspects of the story. The changes aren't small either, they are total and complete alterations of the circumstances, underlying motives, and people involved. Thus, inevitably, many of her statements are lies. Which is the only reason people are calling her a liar. It's not just because of the candidate accused
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #779 on: April 27, 2020, 04:17:03 PM »

The Biden camp needs dig up every dirty detail of Reade's life and leak it to the public.

Drop the nuke on her (politically speaking) and show her that Biden is a force of nature not to be messed with.
Bro... that's some Trumpian thinking right there. We don't stoop to their lows. And how is it going to look to viciously tear into this woman, even though it is likely she isn't telling the truth? That's honestly a really bad idea... and will make Democrats look like hypocrites after Kavanaugh.

Exactly.  Attacking the woman is the worst thing they can do.  She is not coming across as credible and so the major news media outlets are not covering the story (as they shouldn't).  If the Biden camp attacks the woman, it would make people think Biden is afraid of what she has to say and give the media a reason to cover the story.  

Thank god the campaign isn’t paying you for advice
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #780 on: April 27, 2020, 04:20:12 PM »

Thank god the campaign isn’t paying you for advice

...hate to tell you, but dirty campaign works

Just asks W or his dad.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #781 on: April 27, 2020, 04:26:11 PM »

I don't know if Tara Reade is telling the truth. I can say that the way certain members of this community have treated her claims in this thread is disgusting.

Perhaps she didn't tell her truth from the beginning because of the inevitable reactions from people like you and General Macarthur and all the other men in this thread calling her a liar.

What BS

Here is her timeline

1. In 2009 she commended Joe Biden for action he had taken against domestic abuse, writing

"I should know what an abuser looks like. After all, I was working for then Senator Joseph Biden, who sponsored the Violence Against Women Act. But domestic violence is an equal opportunity offender."

2. In November of 2016, a few weeks after the election, Reade liked a tweet made by President Obama, wishing Joe Biden a “Happy Birthday,” and calling Biden “the best Vice President and friend” that he could have had.

3. January of 2017, Reade likes two tweets by the Obama White House, one quoting Joe Biden’s praise of Obama, and the other congratulating Joe Biden for receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

4. March of 2017, Reade made a tweet claiming that Joe Biden “speaks truth,” and encouraged her followers to “listen” to him.

5. April of 2017, Reade liked a tweet by the Huffington post that praised the former Vice President for helping men realize how important they are in the fight against sexual assault

6. December of 2018 Reade wrote and has since deleted that she left politics and Washington DC because she was sick of American imperialism and because she “loves Russia with all her heart but by April of 2019, her story changed an now she blames her move from Washington on Joe Biden essentially having her blacklisted.

7. April, 2019 — Reade comes forward with her original allegations against Biden, but says his actions were NOT “sexualization,” but rather compared his actions toward her as being demeaning and treating her like a “pretty” lamp that is thrown away when it’s too bright. She also claimed that her story was not “a story about sexual misconduct.”

8. April 6, 2019, Reade claimed that she didn’t even know if Biden knows why she left working for him or if he noticed she was gone.

9. March, 2020 — Reade comes forward again, this time claiming that Joe Biden did sexually assault her in 1993.

the woman spent year praising Joe biden decades after her so called rape happened

When ME TOO moment was kicking off in 2017 - 2018
she did nothing but praise Biden on twitter and in March of 2017, Reade made a tweet claiming that Joe Biden “speaks truth,” and encouraged her followers to “listen” to him.

LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #782 on: April 27, 2020, 04:32:41 PM »

Perhaps she didn't tell her truth from the beginning because of the inevitable reactions from people like you and General Macarthur and all the other men in this thread calling her a liar.

What BS

Here is her timeline

1. In 2009 she commended Joe Biden for action he had taken against domestic abuse, writing

"I should know what an abuser looks like. After all, I was working for then Senator Joseph Biden, who sponsored the Violence Against Women Act. But domestic violence is an equal opportunity offender."

2. In November of 2016, a few weeks after the election, Reade liked a tweet made by President Obama, wishing Joe Biden a “Happy Birthday,” and calling Biden “the best Vice President and friend” that he could have had.

3. January of 2017, Reade likes two tweets by the Obama White House, one quoting Joe Biden’s praise of Obama, and the other congratulating Joe Biden for receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

4. March of 2017, Reade made a tweet claiming that Joe Biden “speaks truth,” and encouraged her followers to “listen” to him.

5. April of 2017, Reade liked a tweet by the Huffington post that praised the former Vice President for helping men realize how important they are in the fight against sexual assault

6. December of 2018 Reade wrote and has since deleted that she left politics and Washington DC because she was sick of American imperialism and because she “loves Russia with all her heart but by April of 2019, her story changed an now she blames her move from Washington on Joe Biden essentially having her blacklisted.

7. April, 2019 — Reade comes forward with her original allegations against Biden, but says his actions were NOT “sexualization,” but rather compared his actions toward her as being demeaning and treating her like a “pretty” lamp that is thrown away when it’s too bright. She also claimed that her story was not “a story about sexual misconduct.”

8. April 6, 2019, Reade claimed that she didn’t even know if Biden knows why she left working for him or if he noticed she was gone.

9. March, 2020 — Reade comes forward again, this time claiming that Joe Biden did sexually assault her in 1993.

the woman spent year praising Joe biden decades after her so called rape happened

she did nothing but praise Biden on twitter and in March of 2017, Reade made a tweet claiming that Joe Biden “speaks truth,” and encouraged her followers to “listen” to him.

Humans are complicated. There is no "right way" for someone to interact with their abuser. Think of domestic situations where the wife maintains a relationship with her husband despite abuse. I find it perfectly plausible Reade could've retained respect for Biden and his career (what brought her to his office in the first place) even after the alleged sexual assault happened.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #783 on: April 27, 2020, 04:34:54 PM »

What BS

Here is her timeline

Humans are complicated. There is no "right way" for someone to interact with their abuser. Think of domestic situations where the wife maintains a relationship with her husband despite abuse. I find it perfectly plausible Reade could've retained respect for Biden and his career (what brought her to his office in the first place) even after the alleged sexual assault happened.

This is obviously very valid, but it doesn't explain her constant lies about this story, not to mention many other things
JRP1994

« Reply #784 on: April 27, 2020, 04:37:45 PM »

Biden can't do that, because that plays into Reade's allegations of retaliatory firing. Also even if the retaliatory firing weren't an aspect, it's a delicate issue in the #MeToo era, especially with the optics of a powerful man in Washington going scorched earth against a woman accusing him of inappropriate conduct.

If Team Biden decides they need to fight fire with fire, that's something female surrogates like Kamala, Abrams, etc need to be doing.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #785 on: April 27, 2020, 04:39:50 PM »

Interesting Side Note: This isn't trending on Twitter in the United States, which is honestly shocking.

There's too much news right now. It'll continue to get traction in the far right and left-spheres of Twitter, but that's it. It's not big enough to get that much oxygen.

Remember when a U.S. senator basically got caught lying to the public about the pandemic and selling off stocks - essentially putting money over lives? Yeah that was a 1 day story. There's no oxygen for anything else right now.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #786 on: April 27, 2020, 04:41:19 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2020, 04:49:40 PM by 2,868,691 »

We get it. You want to believe the story, so you're going to find any justification you can.

Tell me, how did Biden engineer the greatest coverup in US history? How did he make sure that none of the dozens of staffers (including some Republicans and probably some fans of the other Democratic candidates) who would have known never talked over nearly 3 decades, even through all the years of vetting and opposition research? Why is the whole Washington machine covering for Biden here?

Maybe you can twist an argument to say that Reade's actions could plausibly happen, just maybe, but there's no way that there's a vast bipartisan conspiracy, including McCain and Romney, to coverup Biden's actions. If Reade is telling the truth, the Deep State is real and QAnon might be too.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #787 on: April 27, 2020, 04:44:11 PM »

These still aren't the correct year that she said the conversation took place so...

As I said - clearly incomplete and foolish to rely on a random online search. I trust a mainstream outlet to do that verification before publishing anything - or if it to be falsified for it to come out within a week. That's not up to random people to google someone's addresses.

I'm not interested in taking sides in this he said-she said, except to point out the absolutely horrible behavior of conspiracy theorists on one side of this using continuously lying and misrepresenting to defend their guy no matter what. Posting that tweet is just the latest example of this. They are only interested in anything that calls her credibility into question to prove "Look, she's a liar!" Meanwhile, that is all MacArthur and masta are doing.

The only "conspiracy theorists" in this whole discussion are the people so blinded by their love for Trump or Bernie that they've conjured up the greatest coverup in American history, a deep deep conspiracy by both parties, without anywhere near sufficient evidence to back it up

Not only that but Reade offered her "bombshell" story to almost every national mainstream media, many of Biden's rival campaigns, and Sanders's most prominent endorser, and none of them would touch her with a ten-foot pole. Are we to believe that all these people didn't investigate her claims? Or that if her story had a modicum of evidence and credibility they wouldn't use it to score the biggest scoop of this cycle and disqualify the front-runner for the Democratic nomination?

Yep, this should be the tell-tale here. The fact that this story 'broke' with The Intercept and that girl from The Hill should tell you everything you need to know. Meanwhile, NYT, WaPo, etc did their due diligence and found nothing new, in addition to 20+ Biden staffers who knew nothing about this.

Meanwhile, you have Reade, who still can't keep her story straight.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #788 on: April 27, 2020, 04:50:01 PM »

Biden can't do that, because that plays into Reade's allegations of retaliatory firing. Also even if the retaliatory firing weren't an aspect, it's a delicate issue in the #MeToo era, especially with the optics of a powerful man in Washington going scorched earth against a woman accusing him of inappropriate conduct.

If Team Biden decides they need to fight fire with fire, that's something female surrogates like Kamala, Abrams, etc need to be doing.

This needs to be done as control leaks in a way that can't be traced back to the campaign.

Sending out high profile surrogates to do the dirty work would get the Biden camp a lot of blowback.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #789 on: April 27, 2020, 04:58:24 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2020, 05:16:17 PM by roxas11 »

What BS

Here is her timeline

this went way beyond that

She did not maintain respect for or even love for Biden by 2020
she became a Bernie supporter and she wrote an article this year that Outright denied that any rape ever took place at all

she was very critical of Biden and was calling him was a crappy boss but she went out her was to make make it clear that his actions were NOT “sexualization,” but rather compared his actions toward her as being demeaning and treating her like a “pretty” lamp that is thrown away when it’s too bright. She also claimed that her story was not “a story about sexual misconduct.”

Had ford wrote a article claiming that kavanagh never rapped her in 2018
The GOP would have ripped her to pieces and the cross examination would have been brutal
roxas11
United States

« Reply #790 on: April 27, 2020, 05:14:38 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2020, 05:24:59 PM by roxas11 »

Interesting Side Note: This isn't trending on Twitter in the United States, which is honestly shocking.

Lets see
an allegation from this woman from decades ago vs 56,308 People dead from coronavirus and A economy that the CBO is now saying wont get better until the end of 2021

when unemployed Americans go to vote lets see which one they will care about the most lol

but seriously if this is what this election comes down to
Biden will win in a landslide because all the Tara Reade Biden allegation in the world wont save trump if the CBO is correct about the unemployment rate being over 11 percent on election day 2020....
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #791 on: April 27, 2020, 05:28:07 PM »

If Reade is really a Sanders supporter, why would she wait until after the Sanders campaign was hopelessly behind to go public with this allegation?  Why not do it before Super Tuesday at least?
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #792 on: April 27, 2020, 05:28:52 PM »

Lets see
an allegation from this woman from decades ago vs 56,308 People dead from coronavirus and A economy that the CBO is now saying wont get better until the end of 2021

when unemployed Americans go to vote lets see which one they will care about the most lol

but seriously if this is what this election comes down to
Biden will win in a landslide because all the Tara Reade Biden allegation in the world wont save trump if the CBO is correct about the unemployment rate being over 11 percent on election day 2020....

I wasn't saying it is shocking because voters care about it. I was saying its shocking because Twitter is dominated by the far left and Bernie surrogates who seem determined to torpedo Biden
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #793 on: April 27, 2020, 05:29:31 PM »

If Reade is really a Sanders supporter, why would she wait until after the Sanders campaign was hopelessly behind to go public with this allegation?  Why not do it before Super Tuesday at least?

Because she's just doing it to damage Biden with leftist voters in the GE. Aka, the only way Trump can win.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #794 on: April 27, 2020, 05:30:06 PM »

What BS

Here is her timeline

Reade was married to Biden now? This lie just gets bigger and bigger and bigger with the help of trolls. The story comes apart, so another lie needs to be made up to cover it. It's not a situation like a marriage. Biden is practically a stranger to her and there is no indication that their relationship was so deep that she'd have some sort of Stockholm Syndrome.

She's a liar plain and simple. The pieces do not fit.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #795 on: April 27, 2020, 05:40:35 PM »

here is her tweet

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #796 on: April 27, 2020, 05:53:36 PM »

here is her tweet

See like this I cannot take seriously. This is also not the first time she's tweeted about it, like when she tweeted a link to Bernie Sanders with hashtags about #bernieforPresident. Christine Blasey Ford was a sane, normal woman who had been thru something. Reade is either traumatized or something, but the way she acts is unwell.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #797 on: April 27, 2020, 06:09:55 PM »

Unfortunately, I expect that more "corroborations" are going to come out now that this story is out in the open and clear.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #798 on: April 27, 2020, 06:10:26 PM »

I am still uneasy with everything about this. It doesn't seem like it's going to go away.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #799 on: April 27, 2020, 06:13:11 PM »

I am still uneasy with everything about this. It doesn't seem like it's going to go away.
Here is what Biden needs to do: Hire someone independent of his campaign to gather all evidence proving his innocence. Once this is found, he needs to immediately release it and issue a spoken address denying the allegations, while still being careful not to disparage the accuser. After this, I would just advise them to move on and avoid this topic. Suffocate it, do not give it oxygen.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies