Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:30:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 149457 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: April 27, 2020, 02:55:18 PM »

Public records do not show them being neighbors at all in 1995. Rather they indicate they were neighbors in the mid eighties.
Records do not indicate they were ever neighbors.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #751 on: April 27, 2020, 03:03:56 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2020, 03:12:52 PM by Mr. Illini »

Business Insider indicated that they had verified through public records that the two were neighbors at the complex in 1995...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #752 on: April 27, 2020, 03:09:34 PM »

Public records do not show them being neighbors at all in 1995. Rather they indicate they were neighbors in the mid eighties.

There is no evidence that they weren't, you are just looking for any reason to discredit them. If they were not, that would be extremely easy to validate. It's much harder to make up a random neighbor who lived in the house next door but not simultaneously. This is actively harmful conspiracy theorizing that makes it so difficult to believe any defense.

The public records you presented are LAUGHABLY incomplete. I also have incomplete public records, but let me present another source that is also in complete disagreement with the dates you provided. You can't depend on such unreliable data to make an argument.

Still no 'proof' they overlapped, but doesn't even come close to matching the dates you provided. The two different public records sources are off by two decades! Stop trying to pre-emptively discredit statements based on nothing. If they were not actually neighbors, that would come out very easily.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #753 on: April 27, 2020, 03:18:31 PM »

There is no evidence that they weren't, you are just looking for any reason to discredit them. If they were not, that would be extremely easy to validate. It's much harder to make up a random neighbor who lived in the house next door but not simultaneously. This is actively harmful conspiracy theorizing that makes it so difficult to believe any defense.

The public records you presented are LAUGHABLY incomplete. I also have incomplete public records, but let me present another source that is also in complete disagreement with the dates you provided. You can't depend on such unreliable data to make an argument.

Still no 'proof' they overlapped, but doesn't even come close to matching the dates you provided. The two different public records sources are off by two decades! Stop trying to pre-emptively discredit statements based on nothing. If they were not actually neighbors, that would come out very easily.

Do you have a source for those records? That screenshot looks like you might have copy and pasted it from a Word document or something. No accusing you of anything, just asking a question.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #754 on: April 27, 2020, 03:20:18 PM »

These still aren't the correct year that she said the conversation took place so...
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #755 on: April 27, 2020, 03:24:27 PM »

These still aren't the correct year that she said the conversation took place so...

The point being made isn't that records like this prove it; the point is that records are incomplete and so can't really disprove it.

I don't really know what to make of this situation but jumping on stuff like this isn't helpful.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #756 on: April 27, 2020, 03:25:57 PM »

You know what's funny about this story?

Reade and LaCosse are neighbors, and Reade goes to her at the pool and says "I was raped by Joe Biden."

Then they don't talk again for twenty years.  They only became best friends recently.

So Reade didn't tell any of her actual close friends about this story, but she told this random neighbor whom she didn't even talk to for 20 years afterwards?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #757 on: April 27, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »

Also, that tweet was from some random person on Twitter so one should take it with a grain of salt anyway.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #758 on: April 27, 2020, 03:29:15 PM »

Did you miss the last three pages of discussion?

Evidently. Lol
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #759 on: April 27, 2020, 03:29:49 PM »

As I said - clearly incomplete and foolish to rely on a random online search. I trust a mainstream outlet to do that verification before publishing anything - or if it to be falsified for it to come out within a week. That's not up to random people to google someone's addresses.

I'm not interested in taking sides in this he said-she said, except to point out the absolutely horrible behavior of conspiracy theorists on one side of this using continuously lying and misrepresenting to defend their guy no matter what. Posting that tweet is just the latest example of this. They are only interested in anything that calls her credibility into question to prove "Look, she's a liar!" Meanwhile, that is all MacArthur and masta are doing.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #760 on: April 27, 2020, 03:30:27 PM »

"Woh woh" what does that even mean? I swear you people make up gibberish all the time.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #761 on: April 27, 2020, 03:34:49 PM »

As I said - clearly incomplete and foolish to rely on a random online search. I trust a mainstream outlet to do that verification before publishing anything - or if it to be falsified for it to come out within a week. That's not up to random people to google someone's addresses.

I'm not interested in taking sides in this he said-she said, except to point out the absolutely horrible behavior of conspiracy theorists on one side of this using continuously lying and misrepresenting to defend their guy no matter what. Posting that tweet is just the latest example of this. They are only interested in anything that calls her credibility into question to prove "Look, she's a liar!" Meanwhile, that is all MacArthur and masta are doing.

The only "conspiracy theorists" in this whole discussion are the people so blinded by their love for Trump or Bernie that they've conjured up the greatest coverup in American history, a deep deep conspiracy by both parties, without anywhere near sufficient evidence to back it up
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #762 on: April 27, 2020, 03:42:11 PM »

Reade and LaCosse are neighbors, and Reade goes to her at the pool and says "I was raped by Joe Biden."

Then they don't talk again for twenty years.  They only became best friends recently.

So Reade didn't tell any of her actual close friends about this story, but she told this random neighbor whom she didn't even talk to for 20 years afterwards?

Yes, this is exactly what allegedly happened....just randomly blurting it out to someone in a pool. Clearly interpreted by someone who didn't even bother to read the article.

LaCasse said she would sometimes sit on her front stoop to smoke cigarettes after putting her daughter to bed, and that Reade would occasionally join her. It was during one of these evening conversations, she said, that Reade told her about the alleged assault. "We were talking about violent stories," LaCasse said, "because I had a violent situation. We just started talking about things and she just told me about the senator that she had worked for and he put his hand up her skirt."

LaCasse acknowledged that coming forward to support an allegation against the Democratic presidential nominee "may have repercussions for me." But she said she has no political ax to grind and intends to vote for Biden.

Honestly, I don't really buy that Joe Biden would do this. But the way you trivialize it pathetic. As if the story is that this woman is going around blurting to everyone in earshot, "hey, do you believe I got felt up by a Senator?" in a braggadocios way.

Have you never had an intimate conversation with people you only sort of know? I do at happy hours pretty regularly. Co-workers who come-and-go for a year that are barely part of my life but that I like. Sounds like a pretty normal thing to share when as a form of free therapy just to get it off your chest with someone can relate.

The story is more along the lines.

"My ex- would beat me."
"I feel your pain. When I was working on the Hill, my boss assaulted me."

Normal stories to swap. Not "HEY LADY, DID YOU HEAR I GOT RAPED" completely unprompted while their daughters are swimming together.

I am so sick of you trivializing how this works. I am anti-"Me Too". I don't think Biden raped her but perhaps made her feel uncomfortable and subsequently had her fired at worst. But your narrative of her life is disgusting.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #763 on: April 27, 2020, 03:45:26 PM »

Since this allegation doesn't appear to be going away now, the Biden camp should do opposition research and go nuclear on Reade.

Show her the full might of Biden.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #764 on: April 27, 2020, 03:50:38 PM »

Yes.  This is old news but I posted it because there is so much misinformation on this subject.  You can read more at the following:

https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/evidence-casts-doubt-on-tara-reades-sexual-assault-allegations-of-joe-biden-e4cb3ee38460
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #765 on: April 27, 2020, 03:50:52 PM »

I don't know if Tara Reade is telling the truth. I can say that the way certain members of this community have treated her claims in this thread is disgusting.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #766 on: April 27, 2020, 03:55:02 PM »

This is clearly one incredibly sloppy smear campaign.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #767 on: April 27, 2020, 03:55:14 PM »

The only "conspiracy theorists" in this whole discussion are the people so blinded by their love for Trump or Bernie that they've conjured up the greatest coverup in American history, a deep deep conspiracy by both parties, without anywhere near sufficient evidence to back it up

Not only that but Reade offered her "bombshell" story to almost every national mainstream media, many of Biden's rival campaigns, and Sanders's most prominent endorser, and none of them would touch her with a ten-foot pole. Are we to believe that all these people didn't investigate her claims? Or that if her story had a modicum of evidence and credibility they wouldn't use it to score the biggest scoop of this cycle and disqualify the front-runner for the Democratic nomination?
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #768 on: April 27, 2020, 03:55:23 PM »

Even better, this neighbor STILL says she will vote for Biden despite the fact her friend was supposedly raped by the man.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #769 on: April 27, 2020, 03:56:01 PM »

The Biden camp needs dig up every dirty detail of Reade's life and leak it to the public.

Drop the nuke on her (politically speaking) and show her that Biden is a force of nature not to be messed with.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #770 on: April 27, 2020, 03:56:27 PM »

Interesting Side Note: This isn't trending on Twitter in the United States, which is honestly shocking.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #771 on: April 27, 2020, 03:58:09 PM »

Interesting Side Note: This isn't trending on Twitter in the United States, which is honestly shocking.
Well of course not, its nearly midnight in Moscow Smiley
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #772 on: April 27, 2020, 03:58:38 PM »

The Biden camp needs dig up every dirty detail of Reade's life and leak it to the public.

Drop the nuke on her (politically speaking) and show her that Biden is a force of nature not to be messed with.
Bro... that's some Trumpian thinking right there. We don't stoop to their lows. And how is it going to look to viciously tear into this woman, even though it is likely she isn't telling the truth? That's honestly a really bad idea... and will make Democrats look like hypocrites after Kavanaugh.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #773 on: April 27, 2020, 04:03:07 PM »

Bro... that's some Trumpian thinking right there. We don't stoop to their lows. And how is it going to look to viciously tear into this woman, even though it is likely she isn't telling the truth? That's honestly a really bad idea... and will make Democrats look like hypocrites after Kavanaugh.

Exactly.  Attacking the woman is the worst thing they can do.  She is not coming across as credible and so the major news media outlets are not covering the story (as they shouldn't).  If the Biden camp attacks the woman, it would make people think Biden is afraid of what she has to say and give the media a reason to cover the story. 
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #774 on: April 27, 2020, 04:03:51 PM »

All I see is a decades old allegation consisting of he-said-she-said.

There is no way to prove if she is telling the telling the truth or not.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies