Jeff Van Drew still voting with Democrats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:06:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jeff Van Drew still voting with Democrats
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeff Van Drew still voting with Democrats  (Read 1509 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2020, 01:53:03 PM »

https://www.nj.com/politics/2020/03/guess-whos-been-voting-against-trump-and-republicans-its-party-switching-jeff-van-drew.html

Gotta say its a bit respectful that he didn't switch all his views because of a partisan disagreement. Its still a 39% vote, so he did shift some views but its not like those 100% party switches we saw.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 01:58:04 PM »

This guy... he's not very smart, is he? Seriously, what is he doing? Why would he switch parties if he's just gonna keep voting alongside Democrats?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 02:01:39 PM »

This guy... he's not very smart, is he? Seriously, what is he doing? Why would he switch parties if he's just gonna keep voting alongside Democrats?

He's a Manchin/Sinema Democrat, but opposed impeachment because he was afraid to lose his seat. That would be my guess.

I'd laugh if he loses the Republican primary. But that's unlikely, given the fact Trump endorsed him.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 02:07:25 PM »

He's a Manchin/Sinema Democrat, but opposed impeachment because he was afraid to lose his seat. That would be my guess.

I'd laugh if he loses the Republican primary. But that's unlikely, given the fact Trump endorsed him.

Fealty is more important than ideology. See: Jeff Sessions
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 02:54:55 PM »

Trump also endorsed that dude who lost to Roy Moore in the primary.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 03:09:48 PM »

Trump also endorsed that dude who lost to Roy Moore in the primary.

We'll see what happens with Beauregard. Trump also ended Mark Sandord's career by endorsing someone who lost to Joe Cunningham. This is now Trump's party (or de facto a cult).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 05:53:50 PM »

Incredibly stupid considering he represents what is a near even or at most slightly are pvi district. He could have voted for impeachment easily and most his constituents would agree with him. There are about 20 to 30 Democrats other than Collin Peterson who represent districts more Republican than his who went along with impeachment. Just plain stupid.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 05:55:57 PM »

Incredibly stupid considering he represents what is a near even or at most slightly are pvi district. He could have voted for impeachment easily and most his constituents would agree with him. There are about 20 to 30 Democrats other than Collin Peterson who represent districts more Republican than his who went along with impeachment. Just plain stupid.

He's only stupid if he A. Has no concern for the country and B. Loses reelection.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 06:08:58 PM »

This is why everybody should reject him this November. Democrats and Republicans should be able to agree that this spineless worm is useless in every conceivable way.

However, I don't actually expect Republicans to care. Policies have taken the backseat to loyalty to Trump. That's all the Republican Party, which isn't really even a political party anymore, stands for now and as long as Van Drew voted against impeachment and is a Republican, it's all good.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 06:43:54 PM »

Van Drew is clearly a complete moron if he switched parties because he was afraid of losing re-election, but thought that he would win GOP primaries while voting 39% with the Dems.

That is so ridiculous that it almost makes me think there should be some sort of minimal IQ test or something that you have to pass to become a member of Congress. Just something to filter out the very very very stupidest people in the world.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 11:16:58 PM »

Van Drew is clearly a complete moron if he switched parties because he was afraid of losing re-election, but thought that he would win GOP primaries while voting 39% with the Dems.

That is so ridiculous that it almost makes me think there should be some sort of minimal IQ test or something that you have to pass to become a member of Congress. Just something to filter out the very very very stupidest people in the world.

Or maybe he was just actually personally opposed to impeachment? But no he did something pro Trump so he must have secret evil motives right?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 12:59:37 AM »

Or maybe he was just actually personally opposed to impeachment?

That still doesn't explain the party switch. It's not like Collin Peterson, or for that matter Jared Golden or Tulsi Gabbard, were run out of the Democratic Party on a rail.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 09:27:41 AM »

I heard rumors that he did have his own seat worries but was also worried about the pointlessness of it for the Democrats in general and how it would only hurt them, his party switch probably just comes from the fact it was literally impossible for him to be a Democrat after a no vote.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 09:30:19 AM »

Van Drew told voters in 2018 that would he would not vote for Nancy Pelosi for speaker. Instead of voting for a specific non-Pelosi candidate, he voted "NO" on the Speaker vote.

This man is dumb.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 11:26:39 AM »

Or maybe he was just actually personally opposed to impeachment?

That still doesn't explain the party switch. It's not like Collin Peterson, or for that matter Jared Golden or Tulsi Gabbard, were run out of the Democratic Party on a rail.

Gabbard isn't running for reelection and Democrats realize that Peterson is their only hope to keep that district.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies