Rubio doing "a Buttigieg/Klobuchar"... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:32:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  Rubio doing "a Buttigieg/Klobuchar"... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rubio doing "a Buttigieg/Klobuchar"...  (Read 4408 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« on: May 20, 2020, 08:18:43 AM »
« edited: May 20, 2020, 08:36:49 AM by Laki »

I can't see how Cruz / Rubio end up being better than Trump

Kasich voters were the most doggedly committed anti-Trump voters and very few of Kasich's ~10% of Republicans go to Trump.

While that was true in the latter half of the race, it was less so earlier on. Kasich and Trump actually had a fair bit of overlap in the early states as both appealed to moderate voters. I myself was a Kasich/Trump supporter; if Kasich had dropped out early on, I would have supported Trump in the primaries.

Kasich and Trump were the two candidates I preferred in 2016 as well.

I liked Kasich, and preferred him over Trump during the primary. In fact, I hoped Trump would collapse, but I ended up preferring him over Hillary, mainly because i was attracted to the new and unique style of campaigning, him being different than the super religious lunatics and because of my strong dislike of the Clintons, and the Dems rigging the primaries.

I was quite hostile towards Trump until the convention. i became neutral after the convention. I remember being extremely angry after Hillary picking Kaine with no concessions to the Sanders campaign, and after wikileaks leaked something that proved the primaries were rigged (although you have to be blind not to have seen it). And after the Hollywood Access Tape Video which was locker room talk, i became convinced of Trump. I was sick of hearing how bad Trump was and the Dems never talking about issues. It was an election based on personality, and I would and still would vote Trump. I became pityful of him. Hillary was simply unlikeable. I remember being ecstatic during election night, not because he had won, but because the media's worst nightmare became reality.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 08:54:31 AM »

Both would have at least some sense of self respect and ability to empathize with others.  Not a lot, but when compared to Trump almost anyone would possess those two qualities more than he does.
I doubt it

Legislatively, they would be more willing to work with Congress.  Both would have more sensible responses to the pandemic that quite probably would result in less lives being lost.  Make no mistake, a portion of the lives lost thus far are directly the result of Trump's mismanagement.
Cruz willing to work with congress??? He was responsible for a government shutdown. I doubt Cruz and Rubio would've turned out to be better on handling COVID-19. I also think you exaggerate Trump's mismanagement

It's unlikely neither would inspire a literal cult of hatred and racism, nor would either openly incite violence and even encourage death to detractors as Trump has done.
That's true, especially for Rubio.

The massive corruption seen during Trump's tenure is large, rare at such levels, and almost unheard of, so it's unlikely neither Cruz nor Rubio's potential corruptions as president would have risen so high.
True, but corruption was always present. Obama pardonned Wall Street bankers after the crisis. Harris pardonned Mnuchin, so she isn't better. But corruption levels are high. They don't hide it. I'm a nihilist and believe almost every government is corrupt. There are few people i can trust like Sanders and Ojeda

Neither would seek out illegal aid from foreign countries to meddle in our elections.  Neither would have been impeached for such a treacherous act.
If you're talking about Russia, that's proven to be fake.
Ukraine is true, but it showed that Biden has his own issues / scandals. It did backfire however on the Trump administration.

Trump has been bad, no doubt about it, but a competent Rubio / Cruz would have caused more damage. What annoys me about Trump is that his message is so hateful that it will have a long term impact on the population.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies