Illinois Redistricting Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:57:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Illinois Redistricting Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Illinois Redistricting Megathread  (Read 31315 times)
kwabbit

« on: December 08, 2020, 05:24:07 PM »

Continuing my attempt to draw fair maps.

I only have 65/100 in the minority score. It seem quite difficult to draw 3 majority Black districts in Chicago at this point. Has this area been depopulating a lot since 2010? Because it looks like if I did some snakes I could get three 45-50% Black but not 3 majority districts. I also tried to create 2 districts with a significant Hispanic presence instead of the 1 earmuff district. So in the end I have two majority Black, 1 majority Hispanic, and 1 Black/Hispanic minority district.

Downstate, I tried to make a COI out of the East St. Louis area, and I used the Illinois River as a boundary between the 13th and 15th, although a Peoria COI could've been made as well.

In suburban Chicagoland, after creating the minority districts, I just tried to keep these compact and minimize splitting. All of the Suburban Chicago counties are only split once and Kendall is kept whole.

The strengths of the map is the proportionality, projecting 10.69 Dem seats and 6.31 GOP seats and the compactness. Any feedback is welcome.

I think anything I drew will still be better than whatever concoction Madigan comes up with.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies