I have a stomach ache
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:42:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a stomach ache
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I have a stomach ache  (Read 6802 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 07:35:35 AM »

Then why are you eating heavy, processed, fatty foods?

Because he won't listen to people when we tell him about the availability of healthy foods here. Either that or he's too lazy to cook them.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 11:31:12 AM »

im sure a handful of valium will make you forget about your stomach woes.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 12:46:55 PM »

Opebo why don't you drink some whiskey followed by a valium chaser?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 02:14:33 PM »

Because he won't listen to people when we tell him about the availability of healthy foods here. Either that or he's too lazy to cook them.

Heck, within walking distance of my house are several healthy places, including those with authentic Thai food - I know this because it is owned by a family I know that recently moved from Thailand.  It's not that hard to find, and it's usually only a bus ride away, even in suburban areas.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 12:01:27 AM »

Well, if you're in rural Missouri, that probably explains your problems.

Har har, Bezerkelyite. Roll Eyes Tongue

One half of my extended family lives in rural Central Missouri, and I never have any problems there. It's actually quite nice. Smiley

Now go ahead, make another condescending remark, and ponder why a region which used to vote heavily Democratic now votes mostly Republican, with the one wonderful exception of Ike Skelton, one of your DINOs. Maybe you'll see the connection at some point in the next 30 years, about as long as it will take the Democrats to be the majority party again. Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 12:07:52 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2006, 12:13:09 AM by opebo »

That is all that is available in the vast majority of restaurants here, Alcon.

There is the hunger strike option....

Well I have been eating less overall, and that does seem to help a bit.

One half of my extended family lives in rural Central Missouri, and I never have any problems there. It's actually quite nice. Smiley

No, actually he is right - all rural areas suck, not just Missouri.  But I spend most of my time in St. Louis and its suburbs.  Only deep in the city itself are there a few good Vietnamese and Indian/pakistani/afghani resturants.  I suppose food choices here are slightly worse than in California, but I feel confident in saying that CA is still enormously inferior to Thailand.

That said I just came from a meal at our local Afghani restaurant, and my stomack seems OK.  I took the precaution of a glass of wine - I think the poorer quality foods here demand an alcoholid 'digestif' to be tolerated, something I never needed in Thailand.

WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2006, 12:27:20 AM »

No, actually he is right - all rural areas suck, not just Missouri.  But I spend most of my time in St. Louis and its suburbs.

Let's just say I heartily disagree with you and leave it at that. Central Missouri REPRESENT! Grin
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 12:37:23 AM »

No, actually he is right - all rural areas suck, not just Missouri.  But I spend most of my time in St. Louis and its suburbs.

Let's just say I heartily disagree with you and leave it at that. Central Missouri REPRESENT! Grin

Well I like Columbia.  Other than that there is literally nothing there, well except for walmarts, mcdonalds, and in the summer chiggers.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 12:39:21 AM »

Well I like Columbia.  Other than that there is literally nothing there, well except for walmarts, mcdonalds, and in the summer chiggers.

I've not once eaten at McDonald's, or gone to Wal-Mart, during my trips there - my relatives can actually cook. Smiley

And chiggers build character, ya wuss. Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 02:04:57 AM »

What about Branson? Sad Or how about them Mizzo Tigers?
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 02:08:50 AM »

I've not once eaten at McDonald's, or gone to Wal-Mart, during my trips there - my relatives can actually cook. Smiley

They prefer to be called chegroes, TYVM
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 02:11:01 AM »

LOL Cheesy
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 04:08:37 AM »

What be chiggers? Huh
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2006, 07:29:22 AM »

http://www.arthursclipart.com/insects/insectscol/CHIGGER.gif

Not something you want on you.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 05:57:18 PM »

That sounds painful.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2006, 07:31:43 PM »

Not really, they are just so small you can't see them and they itch like hell. Rubbing alcohol kills them.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2006, 07:39:43 PM »

Maybe he has AIDS.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2006, 07:56:42 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2006, 08:01:47 PM by opebo »

No, you offensive little turd, I have had a series of stomach aches, which each followed the eating of an American meal.  The conclusion is obvious.  Besides, I am frequently tested for the supposed causative factor of the ailment you mention, and all have been negative.  The humorous fact is, one can actually have sex with hundreds of women and suffer no major ill effects, contrary to what the prudes would have you believe.

One thing you may not know, which may help your understanding of the USA:

The place is absolutely teeming in the summertime with horrible biting bugs, as well as poisonous plants which cause skin reactions, and of course tremendous amounts of allergins.

The bizarre thing is that there are far more biting insects and other irritants in Missouri than in most jungles - I actually went to the jungle in Thailand and nothing bit me - here you go out in July and you will be bitten.  Heck driving down the highway you get bugs all over your windshield - in riding my motorbike in Thailand I never once got a bug in the face.  I have no idea what is the explanation for this.. perhaps geckos.

Poison Ivy:

The rash it causes:
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2006, 08:06:43 PM »

go rub yourself with poison ivy
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2006, 08:27:57 PM »

Relax I was only kidding.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 08:29:26 PM »

That's OK.  But seriously, how many people do you think would have sex with hundreds of women if they realized you could get away with it aids-free?
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 08:30:30 PM »

I would do so.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 11:19:09 PM »

That's OK.  But seriously, how many people do you think would have sex with hundreds of women if they realized you could get away with it aids-free?

Hundreds? too many. I'd rather spend a lot of quality time with a few women then a little with many.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 11:52:58 PM »

Hundreds? too many. I'd rather spend a lot of quality time with a few women then a little with many.

We are complete opposites in that respect, DanielX!
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2006, 12:01:15 AM »

VERY funny comment, Storebrought! Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies