Rescheduled Contests Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:49:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Rescheduled Contests Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rescheduled Contests Megathread  (Read 22074 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: March 16, 2020, 02:15:09 PM »

Just annouced on CNN.

This country is so F'd.  Democracy cannot be suspended for a virus.

The primary elections schedule is arbitrary.  Any election that happens tomorrow should not be considered democratic.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 02:22:39 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2020, 02:25:49 PM by 🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸 »

Just annouced on CNN.

This country is so F'd.  Democracy cannot be suspended for a virus.

The primary elections schedule is arbitrary.  Any election that happens tomorrow should not be considered democratic.

When Trump wants to suspend the November election and Republicans going along with it, you'll be singing a different tune.  If you don't think it can happen, you haven't been paying attention for the last 3 years.

The US has over 7 months until then to establish solutions that allow everyone to vote without putting their health and the health of others at risk. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 08:55:44 PM »

These postponements are so dumb. We held elections during the Civil War. This is just setting a bad precedent.

There were large parts of WV, KY and MO that reported no results in the 1864 presidential election.  For non-presidential elections, states could pretty much do them whenever they wanted.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 09:09:51 PM »

Mike DeWine needs to be impeached (and obviously, arrested for defying a court order).

He has no authority to delay this election.  When people worry about "authoritarian measures" sweeping over this country - this is exactly what we're talking about.

He's wrong, by the way.  NOTHING is more important than free and fair elections.  What a disgusting tweet.

Elections are made for man, not man for elections.

It's not a fair election if circumstances suppress the vote of people who feel a need to be concerned about their own health or those of their families.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 09:18:26 PM »

For a Governor to flat out to defy a court order is extremely wrong. I think this is a warm up to cancel elections in November.

As opposed to a warm up for people dying in hospital waiting rooms.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 02:49:20 PM »

For a Governor to flat out to defy a court order is extremely wrong. I think this is a warm up to cancel elections in November.

We aren't stupid enough to buy into this caring act. Republicans under Trump are in a constant state of plotting. Defying a court order is a bold move that sets dangerous precedent.

"this caring act"?

The coronavirus is not some vast right-wing conspiracy.  I hope you aren't acting IRL on the assumption that it is.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 03:32:30 PM »

We aren't stupid enough to buy into this caring act. Republicans under Trump are in a constant state of plotting. Defying a court order is a bold move that sets dangerous precedent.

"this caring act"?

The coronavirus is not some vast right-wing conspiracy.  I hope you aren't acting IRL on the assumption that it is.

I'm not saying that the virus is an act, I'm saying that Republicans and conservatives being "concerned" is an act. If a Democrat had posted something like you did about people dying in waiting rooms you would have called them a snowflake being overly dramatic.

I have literally never done that but ok
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies