Rescheduled Contests Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:57:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Rescheduled Contests Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rescheduled Contests Megathread  (Read 22080 times)
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 14, 2020, 09:40:57 PM »

Getting nervous that Ohio, Arizona, Illinois and Florida will be postponed.

Would like them to take place as scheduled - would end the primary once and for all
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 10:22:06 PM »

Getting nervous that Ohio, Arizona, Illinois and Florida will be postponed.

Would like them to take place as scheduled - would end the primary once and for all

Public health is more important than politics. If we're fully capable of carrying out our democracy (even if via the rescheduling of contests) while mitigating risk to the community, then it's our societal responsibility to put our friends & neighbors ahead of electoral politics. This crisis demands that we work together to ensure the well-being of all of us.

I get that. I really don’t think holding those primaries in the grand scheme of things will make THAT much of a difference. Maybe I’m naive
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 08:23:13 AM »

Man, coronavirus sucks. Ever since Trump took office, we hoped for a record turnout in the 2020 election. If things continue to worsen, that will be down the drain.

I still think we could see record turnout. Play an AD showings a news clip of Trump disbanding the Pandemic response team and then a news clip about how bad the pandemic response has been. That should motivate voters
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 08:19:50 AM »

Does anyone have a comparison of delegates at stake on June 2nd, compared to delegates that were at stake on Super Tuesday? Obviously Super Tuesday had more because of California, Texas, Virginia, North Carolina and Massachusetts - but I’d have to think the comparison is somewhat close...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies