Minor Party Primaries Results and Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:48:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Minor Party Primaries Results and Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minor Party Primaries Results and Discussion  (Read 6511 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: March 21, 2020, 05:23:00 AM »

In other words, I find it hilarious when advocates of 3rd parties complain about party insiders having undue influence in primaries of major parties and yet can't explain things like this very thing when I ask them about their third party of choice. How are these delegates chosen?

Apples and oranges. The Green and Libertarian parties never promised their supporters and members that their presidential tickets would be totally decided by some kind of open/public primaries, where whoever "wins" the most popular votes is nominated. Your Democratic Party political machine, on the other hand, did repeatedly make those promises to its voter base. In reality, the DNC decides who is nominated -- they simply rig the process in favor of whoever they want as the presidential candidate (e.g. Hillary or Biden). The Green/Libertarian party way of doing things is, in fact, far more honest.

Yeah, sure, 'rig' as in determine the nominee via the general will of the party's voters which translates into proportional delegates to the national convention, thus being highly reflective of the majority interests of the party by the end of the process. Totally dishonest because... uh... reasons!

No, 'rig' as in the DNC coordinating directly with the Clinton campaign before she was even nominated and leaking debate questions. I'm no Bernie stan but I don't see how anyone with a functioning brain could fail to recognize that the party apparatus actively worked against him.

Yeah, the DNC was fairly biased in 2016, but it didn't prevent Bernie from getting a fair shot. And it doesn't change the fact that the voters decided on Hillary by their millions. The accusation that the DNC decides contests by rigging them, especially in 2020 when they're doing everything they can to be impartial, is ridiculous and childish.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies