Minor Party Primaries Results and Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:57:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Minor Party Primaries Results and Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Minor Party Primaries Results and Discussion  (Read 6506 times)
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2020, 04:24:41 PM »

Interestingly, Ben Zion is no longer the head of the Transhumanist ticket.

what the hell happened?

The USTP hereby confirms the departure of Johannon Ben Zion (J. Ben Zion) from our organization. As the USTP and several other groups combined and reorganized, Mr. Ben Zion found himself better aligned with a more directly techno-progressive platform and has opted to head that initiative, leaving his capable running-mate as the USTP’s candidate. Accordingly, the Officers of the USTP have determined to release Mr. Ben Zion from any of his roles and affiliations with the USTP, as well as from any previous endorsements by the USTP.

I like how now the Reform Party has been reduced to the destination of also-rans from the Libertarian Party and the Transhuman Party. Just give it to Rocky de la Fuente and the Alliance Party as an affiliate.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2020, 08:16:01 PM »

The Reform Party, along with the oddly comparatively sane few state chapters of the Constitution party, need to either close up shop or merge with the Alliance party. The era of Ross Perot or the other various personalities making up the Reform party has been dead for 15 years at best, and they’re political dinosaurs with no real base anymore but old timey populism. At least the Alliance party has a better defined platform and isn’t as much of a one-man band tagged along with interesting local personalities.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2020, 06:38:04 AM »

Interestingly, Ben Zion is no longer the head of the Transhumanist ticket.

what the hell happened?

The USTP hereby confirms the departure of Johannon Ben Zion (J. Ben Zion) from our organization. As the USTP and several other groups combined and reorganized, Mr. Ben Zion found himself better aligned with a more directly techno-progressive platform and has opted to head that initiative, leaving his capable running-mate as the USTP’s candidate. Accordingly, the Officers of the USTP have determined to release Mr. Ben Zion from any of his roles and affiliations with the USTP, as well as from any previous endorsements by the USTP.

I like how now the Reform Party has been reduced to the destination of also-rans from the Libertarian Party and the Transhuman Party. Just give it to Rocky de la Fuente and the Alliance Party as an affiliate.

I was completely unaware of Transhumanism as a political philosophy before this.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2020, 06:40:07 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2020, 06:46:02 AM by StateBoiler »

The Reform Party, along with the oddly comparatively sane few state chapters of the Constitution party, need to either close up shop or merge with the Alliance party. The era of Ross Perot or the other various personalities making up the Reform party has been dead for 15 years at best, and they’re political dinosaurs with no real base anymore but old timey populism. At least the Alliance party has a better defined platform and isn’t as much of a one-man band tagged along with interesting local personalities.

I kind of figure that's the hope for some, considering the party's most recent gubernatorial nominee in Florida is the Alliance Party's VP nominee.

I'll give the party credit, the candidate Q&A throughout this week is better than what 3rd parties not named the Greens or Libertarians do.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2020, 09:13:37 AM »

I kind of figure that's the hope for some, considering the party's most recent gubernatorial nominee in Florida is the Alliance Party's VP nominee.

I'll give the party credit, the candidate Q&A throughout this week is better than what 3rd parties not named the Greens or Libertarians do.
And perhaps better than the Greens considering one of their candidates likes wearing a piece of paper saying "Love Live the Syrian Arab Republic"...
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2020, 12:07:52 PM »

And perhaps better than the Greens considering one of their candidates likes wearing a piece of paper saying "Love Live the Syrian Arab Republic"...
Ba’athist Rolde only got 6% of the primary vote. He’s already a nonfactor.
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2020, 05:24:26 PM »

sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2020, 05:26:50 PM »

Reform Party delegate vote was:

De La Fuente: 17
Abramson: 4
Zion: 1
Faas: withdrew
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2020, 05:30:21 PM »

Reform Party delegate vote was:

De La Fuente: 17
Abramson: 4
Zion: 1
Faas: withdrew

I see that the whole Reform Party membership turned out. Quite amazing
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2020, 05:38:37 PM »

So this is the end of the primaries for third parties, really the only thing left is for the nominee apparent in the Green Party to be declared so in the upcoming GNC.

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2020, 05:48:50 PM »

So this is the end of the primaries for third parties, really the only thing left is for the nominee apparent in the Green Party to be declared so in the upcoming GNC.

The Veterans' Party still haven't picked their nominee yet (perhaps Max Abramson will win his 3rd bid in a minor party after losing the Libertarian and Reform nominations), but otherwise, this seems to be it among 3rd parties with ballot access.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2020, 06:00:35 PM »

The Veterans' Party still haven't picked their nominee yet (perhaps Max Abramson will win his 3rd bid in a minor party after losing the Libertarian and Reform nominations), but otherwise, this seems to be it among 3rd parties with ballot access.
What even is the veterans party
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2020, 09:36:58 PM »

American Independent Party of California. The various parties in New York.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2020, 12:19:50 AM »

Things are heating up before the Green National Convention
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2020, 06:40:25 AM »

Bring back the anti Masonic ticket
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2020, 09:20:18 AM »

Greens have primaries. They have delegates assigned based on those. Hawkins has won most all of them. Nice Mr. Hunter wants his 5 minutes of time but based on the rules Hawkins has pretty much won their nomination. #READ THE F-ING RULES

La Riva looks to have gained ballot access in New Mexico. The party though might have lost their Florida ballot access.
walleye26

« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2020, 09:37:11 AM »

Because I’ve seen so many people on Twitter and Facebook from my age group posting about Jorgensen, I’m going to start giving periodic weekly updates on her Facebook likes (a skewed measure for sure, but somewhat relevant in terms of reach).
7/6, as of 9:30 AM: 225,454
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2020, 09:43:45 AM »

Because I’ve seen so many people on Twitter and Facebook from my age group posting about Jorgensen, I’m going to start giving periodic weekly updates on her Facebook likes (a skewed measure for sure, but somewhat relevant in terms of reach).

Just out of curiosity how old are you? Because I haven't seen ANYONE in my age group even know she exists.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2020, 10:01:16 AM »

Just out of curiosity how old are you? Because I haven't seen ANYONE in my age group even know she exists.

I'm not the person you responded to, but outside of me going to LP-specific media/sites, I've seen one person on my Facebook timeline say they were backing Jorgensen.
walleye26

« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2020, 10:49:51 AM »

I’m 24, and all of the people I’ve seen on my lists like her page are between ages 19-23.
walleye26

« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2020, 10:58:38 AM »

I know this is anecdotal being its one person’s social media friends, but the big Jo people are generally non college educated, extremely fiscally conservative, but pretty socially moderate/liberal. Many of them voted for Trump in 2016, although a few couldn’t.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2020, 03:19:50 PM »

Bring back the anti Masonic ticket

Gotta find a Mason to run on the ticket first.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2020, 04:57:17 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2020, 05:02:41 PM by Priest of Moloch »

Well I'm 22 and I haven't seen a single post about whoever this lady is. I do have one FB friend who is very into Gloria La Riva though!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2020, 05:11:56 PM »

Why did the reform party nominate a joke like Rocky over an actual state representative?
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2020, 05:25:47 PM »

Why did the reform party nominate a joke like Rocky over an actual state representative?

He has lots of money and has been active in the third party scene for years. Also that state representative couldn't even hack it as a major Libertarian Party candidate and has resorted to running for the nom of the Veterans Party.

What even is the veterans party

Rational Wiki seems to be the only place that has attempted to answer that question.

I feel like at this point they're just a collection of Facebook groups and P.O. Boxes that exist to siphon off votes from disaffected low-information voters who think, "Veterans? Well I support veterans."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies