Mini Tuesday results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 12:54:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Mini Tuesday results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40
Author Topic: Mini Tuesday results thread  (Read 48758 times)
n1240

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: March 11, 2020, 07:55:05 AM »

How much vote is left in ND and WA?
Washington I think 500 to 700 thousand.  I believe officials said final turnout would be 1.7 million.

That estimate is probably total vote, not Dem primary vote. SOS currently reports 300k remaining  but not accounting for late arriving ballots postmarked before election day. Probably no more than 400k ballots remaining, translates to 260k or so dem ballots.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #876 on: March 11, 2020, 07:55:13 AM »

Is there any word on when Michigan is going to update?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #877 on: March 11, 2020, 07:55:52 AM »

How much vote is left in ND and WA?
Washington I think 500 to 700 thousand.  I believe officials said final turnout would be 1.7 million.

That estimate is probably total vote, not Dem primary vote. SOS currently reports 300k remaining  but not accounting for late arriving ballots postmarked before election day. Probably no more than 400k ballots remaining, translates to 260k or so dem ballots.

Eh, there's gotta be more than that. Bloomberg still has double digits, there's no way there's a ton of ballots from even the last week in there right now.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #878 on: March 11, 2020, 08:07:02 AM »

The sheer amount of salt pouring out of Twitter right now could power an entire city.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #879 on: March 11, 2020, 08:17:23 AM »

When does Washington finish counting? I assume, if the only vote left is same day votes, that Biden will take the state
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #880 on: March 11, 2020, 08:28:43 AM »

The sheer amount of salt pouring out of Twitter right now could power an entire city.
sanders supporters are in full meltdown mode rn, but i believe the vast majority will come around soon. let them process this first
n1240

« Reply #881 on: March 11, 2020, 08:30:53 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2020, 08:51:05 AM by n1240 »

When does Washington finish counting? I assume, if the only vote left is same day votes, that Biden will take the state

Seems like counties generally plan to certify by Mar 20, might have a good chunk of the election day drop offs in a few days.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #882 on: March 11, 2020, 08:34:03 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #883 on: March 11, 2020, 08:35:04 AM »

How much does Michigan have left to count?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #884 on: March 11, 2020, 08:38:53 AM »

Seems like counties generally plan to certify by Jan 20, might have a good chunk of the election day drop offs in a few days.

Just in time for inauguration? Wink

(I'm sure you meant March 20.)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #885 on: March 11, 2020, 09:13:43 AM »

I agree with you. As someone who has backed Biden since before he announced, I apologize for the people tearing Sanders down. Especially the former Republicans who want to act like know-it-alls in the party.

Thanks, that’s really all I need to hear, although folks like you don’t need to apologize for what others say.

And to respond to GMA, basically what I’ve been saying this whole time: People who go after Sanders supporters and generalize about them as a whole, rather than specifying that it’s the Twitter crowd that bothers them. Or folks who need to rant about how terrible Sanders is every time he dares draw breath. Yes, most Biden supporters don’t do that (especially those who support Biden because they like the guy), but there are some who do, particularly among those who only support him to stop Sanders.

Either way, with the exception of a comment or two from Biden very early on, he hasn’t really been driving a divisive narrative, and I’m not going to hold him accountable for what other people say, but I do hope he extends an olive branch to progressives.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #886 on: March 11, 2020, 09:20:23 AM »

I agree with you. As someone who has backed Biden since before he announced, I apologize for the people tearing Sanders down. Especially the former Republicans who want to act like know-it-alls in the party.

Thanks, that’s really all I need to hear, although folks like you don’t need to apologize for what others say.

And to respond to GMA, basically what I’ve been saying this whole time: People who go after Sanders supporters and generalize about them as a whole, rather than specifying that it’s the Twitter crowd that bothers them. Or folks who need to rant about how terrible Sanders is every time he dares draw breath. Yes, most Biden supporters don’t do that (especially those who support Biden because they like the guy), but there are some who do, particularly among those who only support him to stop Sanders.

Either way, with the exception of a comment or two from Biden very early on, he hasn’t really been driving a divisive narrative, and I’m not going to hold him accountable for what other people say, but I do hope he extends an olive branch to progressives.

I go to a pretty big university and I am getting harassed for being a Biden supporter.

"Boo! Boo!"

"Traitor! Traitor!"

"What the #### is wrong with you!"

Other Biden supporters (at my University) don't even dare tell many other people.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #887 on: March 11, 2020, 09:23:10 AM »

To those that know the state well: Is there any doubt that Biden will win WA in the end?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #888 on: March 11, 2020, 09:29:13 AM »

To those that know the state well: Is there any doubt that Biden will win WA in the end?

The only way Sanders could win would be if the current vote is a random mix of early and (somewhat) later votes, and there are still some early ballots left to count. If what’s left is later ballots, Biden definitely wins.

I go to a pretty big university and I am getting harassed for being a Biden supporter.

"Boo! Boo!"

"Traitor! Traitor!"

"What the #### is wrong with you!"

Other Biden supporters (at my University) don't even dare tell many other people.

I do not defend Sanders supporters harassing you or anyone else simply for supporting Biden. Anyone who does that as an asshole and not helping Sanders.

I’ve gotten many eye rolls, a lot of condescending comments like “you’re one of those Bernie Bros, eh?”, “he can’t win” or “you have to understand how politics works” comments from people who know far less about politics than me. Will GMA disavow?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #889 on: March 11, 2020, 09:41:29 AM »

Good morning! Any word from Bernie?
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #890 on: March 11, 2020, 10:00:16 AM »

Where's Democrats Abroad?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #891 on: March 11, 2020, 10:02:31 AM »

The only way Sanders could win would be if the current vote is a random mix of early and (somewhat) later votes, and there are still some early ballots left to count. If what’s left is later ballots, Biden definitely wins.

I really don't know how Washington counts its ballots or whether the time it was received / mailed somehow affects when it is counted. But in practice, Bernie's lead has been steadily shrinking as the vote count precedes, to the point he now only leads by the skin of his teeth with still about a third of the vote to count. So......
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #892 on: March 11, 2020, 10:02:44 AM »

I must say -  I'm surprised at how easily Bernie went down this primary. The way he put up a fight with Hillary in 2016, I figured Biden would've been easy pickings.

Perhaps we overestimated Bernie's fans, who lost interest 4 years later. Or perhaps we underestimated the anti-Hillary vote last cycle.

I think we underestimated how weak Hillary actually was.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #893 on: March 11, 2020, 10:04:54 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2020, 06:48:58 PM by Inevitable Biden »

The results of the DA Primary would be released until March 23rd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Democrats_Abroad_primary

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2020-democrats-abroad-primary-results/story?id=69437036

Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #894 on: March 11, 2020, 10:07:07 AM »

Ugh
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #895 on: March 11, 2020, 10:07:39 AM »

What about Washington?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #896 on: March 11, 2020, 10:13:20 AM »

We should get an update in the afternoon.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #897 on: March 11, 2020, 10:14:48 AM »

I must say -  I'm surprised at how easily Bernie went down this primary. The way he put up a fight with Hillary in 2016, I figured Biden would've been easy pickings.

Perhaps we overestimated Bernie's fans, who lost interest 4 years later. Or perhaps we underestimated the anti-Hillary vote last cycle.

Youth voter support for Sanders 2020 is also lower than it was in 2016. I think a piece of his base lost interest in him 4 years later.

NO IT WASN'T!
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #898 on: March 11, 2020, 10:26:36 AM »

Youth voter support for Sanders 2020 is also lower than it was in 2016. I think a piece of his base lost interest in him 4 years later.

NO IT WASN'T!

Youth turnout is down this cycle (signifying their loss of interest in him 4 years later), and his percentages are lower among the ones who showed.

In Virginia ... the portion of the electorate made up of 17-29 year-old voters actually declined. And Sanders won 55% of Virginia's young voters this year — down from 69% in 2016.

A similar phenomenon played out in North Carolina ... where 17-29 year-old voters declined as a share of the electorate and their support for Sanders dropped from 69% to 57%.

And in Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Massachusetts, and Sanders' home state of Vermont, the youth vote also declined as a percentage of Democratic primary-goers.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-sanders-admits-hes-not-inspiring-enough-young-voters-2020-3

Share of the electorate is not the same as turnout.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #899 on: March 11, 2020, 11:07:31 AM »

As a map nerd, the possibility of an all blue Michigan county map is pissing me off. Gimme at least a bit of green.

F*** F**K   DAMMIT %>:<%:>$:%:>%$<%L$
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies