MI - Monmouth: Biden +7 , Bernie +5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:04:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  MI - Monmouth: Biden +7 , Bernie +5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MI - Monmouth: Biden +7 , Bernie +5  (Read 1760 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 11:42:49 PM »

Makes no sense to poll the presidential race but not the Senate race, which is looking more and more like a potential tipping-point/bellwether race.

I'm not sure how MI will be the tipping point Senate race. It might vote right of AZ-SEN and maybe ME-SEN, but then it would still be the 49th seat for Democrats.

Contrary to popular belief, many of these states (MT, NC, MI, ME, etc.) aren’t actually guaranteed to vote for the same party for President and Senate just because it barely happened in 2016. James winning narrowly wouldn’t exactly tell me a lot about races like MT-SEN or NC-SEN, for instance. Split-ticket voting is still a thing.

Yes I could see both Biden and John James win Michigan.

You are absolutely correct about split ticket voting. In fact, if 2020 was shaping up to be a better year for the GOP my user name could well be "DuPage will vote for Curran" for Senate while voting for Biden.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 01:09:38 AM »

I wouldn't feel relieved with any state the Dems need when they're still under 50% as there are a good deal of undecideds that make it meaningless--have we learned nothing from 2016 polling?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies