Sanders cancels a 3rd rally.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:11:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Sanders cancels a 3rd rally.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sanders cancels a 3rd rally.  (Read 1475 times)
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 12:22:31 PM »

Sanders won't drop out. He'll go all the way to June like he did last time.

He was also consistently winning states last time, such as MN, ME, and MI.
Eh he also flipped NV and CA though this time around, so it's rather even.

He was projected to win those states for a very long time however. And he's underperforming in CA.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2020, 12:55:48 PM »

I so hope that Bernie turns this around and has a comeback, but I just don't see it happening unless Warren endorses him in the next 24 hours, which it seems like she won't. The so-called "progressive warrior" lets us down once again. I guess we shouldn't be surprised. These people are ridiculous.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2020, 12:58:11 PM »

I so hope that Bernie turns this around and has a comeback, but I just don't see it happening unless Warren endorses him in the next 24 hours, which it seems like she won't. The so-called "progressive warrior" lets us down once again. I guess we shouldn't be surprised. These people are ridiculous.

She's not obligated to endorse him or anyone else. No one knows exactly how well they get along off camera, so perhaps she has her own reasons for not endorsing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2020, 01:11:41 PM »

Why would you want the endorsement of a snake?
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2020, 08:28:25 PM »

Why would you want the endorsement of a snake?
People will want anything when they are desperate enough.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2020, 08:33:26 PM »

I was hoping for a long and bitter primary fight. The upside to not getting one is that, if the primary is effectively already over by 4/7, Democratic turnout might not be so juiced for the Wisconsin primary, giving Dan Kelly a chance to hold on to his Supreme Court seat.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2020, 08:42:05 PM »

By the way, if Sanders manages to eke out a victory in Michigan but loses Washington state doesn't defeat the purpose of his strategy?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2020, 08:44:06 PM »

Sanders won't drop out. He'll go all the way to June like he did last time.

To quote what I posted here:

Sanders on what happens if Biden wins the most delegates:

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-will-drop-out-if-biden-gets-plurality-coming-dem-convention-1490614

"If Biden walks into the convention, or at the end of the process, [and] has more votes than me, he's the winner," said Sanders, before confirming he would concede whether the lead was a majority or a plurality.

It's quite possible that Biden will have mathematically clinched a pledged delegate plurality (if not majority) after the April 28th primaries.  Were that to happen, if Sanders sticks to this, he's almost got to drop out at that point, no?  He's suggesting that he would concede defeat in such a scenario, so not sure it makes sense to continue on with his campaign for another month+ if he's committed to conceding defeat at the end of that month.

Yes, if Biden gets to 1900 or so delegates, Bernie ends his campaign.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2020, 08:46:03 PM »

I am in Kalamazoo and I’ve only seen Biden ads on TV and nothing for Sanders other than a Bernie canvasser knocking on my door.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2020, 10:08:07 PM »

With an attitude like that, you don't deserve the progressive warrior's endorsement.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2020, 10:52:58 PM »

With Bernie switching time and resources to Michigan, it makes it that much more important in the eyes of the national electorate (well, at least to us, the political junkies), that he must win the state.
Otherwise, it will be seen as a painful and much larger failure for the viability of the Sanders campaign.
indietraveler

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2020, 10:59:23 PM »

Interesting that a lot of Sanders folks had it out for Warren this past year, accusing her of being a corporate puppet or whatever label was convenient, and now are seeking her endorsement while being completely shallow about it.

I think there's a good chunk of Warren support that goes to Sanders but her supporters are more diverse than just the far left. Sanders + Warren supporters open to supporting Sanders probably isn't enough to dramatically change this regardless of her endorsement.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2020, 11:13:11 PM »

There is no reason for Sanders to waste his time or resources in Missouri and Mississippi when he has no chance to win in those states. He has to win Michigan to change the narrative of his campaign, but even if he does win, it may not matter if he loses the rest of the states.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies