What temperature will you start wearing shorts and/or short sleeves?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:46:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What temperature will you start wearing shorts and/or short sleeves?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What temperature will you start wearing shorts and/or short sleeves?  (Read 850 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2020, 08:54:53 PM »

I have never worn long pants in a situation I was not required to and have gone out in temperatures as cold as 21F with a wind chill of -4F in shorts so I have yet to even discover the pants threshhold.

As for jackets it depends entirely on the situation as from a style and comfort perspective I tend to prefer long sleeves but about 70 or so is probably when it's too warm (if the sun's out then 40-45 can be too warm depending on what I'm doing)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2020, 11:52:50 PM »

Short sleeves: always, but sometimes with a jacket

Shorts: Above 70
This, pretty much.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2020, 12:54:02 AM »

Shorts are generally not acceptable for men to wear unless they are the <7" variety made for metrosexuals in 80+ degree weather.

e: just saw Santander's post. Of course we agree on this as we do everything. We were literally raised exactly the same.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2020, 01:43:28 AM »

Shorts are generally not acceptable for men to wear unless they are the <7" variety made for metrosexuals in 80+ degree weather.

e: just saw Santander's post. Of course we agree on this as we do everything. We were literally raised exactly the same.
Gay booty shorts are okay but normal shorts are not? ...what? I'mnot trying to be rude but I literally don't understand.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2020, 06:18:24 AM »

Cali, we have the Santa Ana, where it gets warm after the fog clears up. Shorts can be worn anytime of the year
 Except Dec and Jan, cooler months
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2020, 09:50:54 AM »

Gay booty shorts are okay but normal shorts are not? ...what? I'mnot trying to be rude but I literally don't understand.

Don't be a homo/metrophobe.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2020, 10:03:55 AM »

It's widely considered inappropriate for grown men to wear shorts or sandals around town.

You've never been to LA, I see.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2020, 03:59:30 PM »

If I was going out for a casual walk, to run errands, etc... then I will wear shorts at about 40*F and a t-shirt (only layer) at about 50*F. That's assuming it's mostly sunny outside and not too windy.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2020, 04:37:45 PM »

I wear knee-length shorts everywhere I go other than work on all but the coldest days here.  That includes church, out to eat, and pretty much anything.  I would absolutely wear shorts to work if I could too.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »

I wear knee-length shorts everywhere I go other than work on all but the coldest days here.  That includes church, out to eat, and pretty much anything.  I would absolutely wear shorts to work if I could too.

I pray for your soul.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2020, 05:50:36 PM »

I pray for your soul.
Seriously, I see no point to dressing up in general.  As far as I'm concerned, the President of the United States should be able to give the State of the Union in a t-shirt, gym shorts, and flip flops.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2020, 06:12:53 PM »

I pray for your soul.
Seriously, I see no point to dressing up in general.  As far as I'm concerned, the President of the United States should be able to give the State of the Union in a t-shirt, gym shorts, and flip flops.

Not dressing like you're going to the beach is not "dressing up".
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2020, 06:21:44 PM »

I usually start wearing short sleeves around 23 ºC or so. It needs to be somewhat hot for me to start wearing shorts though, like 29 C.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2020, 01:52:46 AM »

You should change your avatar colour.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies