Office of Senator Scott, President pro tempore (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:19:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Scott, President pro tempore (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Scott, President pro tempore  (Read 5671 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: May 26, 2021, 10:11:59 PM »

Endorsed. Cannot think of anyone more representative of our subregion.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 02:07:15 AM »

Rescinding my endorsement. Evidently you have decided to side with the traitors attempting to wreck the Fifth Constitution and destroy the game with strategic registration. Very disappointing.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 02:17:32 AM »

I understand Koopa’s predicament - and I’m open to an exception for that situation. (I will note that there is nothing in the text of the constitution preventing Lumine from voting).

My concern is with the fact that you also want to repeal the constitutional requirements against strategic registration entirely in order to “leave it to the regions”. I can spell it out clearly: if it is left to the regions, strategic registration will inevitably occur. The only way to get rid of it is a constitutional ban.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 02:30:16 AM »

I don't know how you can provide an exception for Koopa now that the Constitution has already been ratified.

Amending to set a grandfather date?

In any case, I support minimal federal standards against strategic registration, but the Constitution that just passed takes away a great deal of regional autonomy.

Regional autonomy to do what, though?

The constitution bars regions from doing two things:

1. Extending the franchise to strategic voters
2. Disenfrancishing federally valid voters who have not recently moved

Which of these two things do you want to be allowed; strategic registration or regional disenfranchisement?

It makes one question whether this is actually a good alternative to the bicameral system we had been using.

And yes, this is the crux of the point. If you are seeking election in order to facilitate a return to bicameralism, you do not have my support.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 02:35:42 PM »

After some thought and discussion, reinstating my endorsement. We have some disagreements on the specifics of art. II.4, but overall agree on the issues of the grandfather clause etc., and I find Scott's overall record of service and dedication far too exemplary to pass up.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 12:04:46 PM »

"Sestak wrote this" and his fetish for DST is well established

It was Adam who pushed for the initial DST changes, not me!

At least initially I opposed the changes since it was easier to run election ops Sunday evening with the extra hour on the West Coast.

All I have done is eradicate all vestiges of standard time summer usage since then in order to maintain consistency.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies