What is Jeff Sessions’ path to victory?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:37:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What is Jeff Sessions’ path to victory?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is Jeff Sessions’ path to victory?  (Read 698 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2020, 05:52:20 PM »

What does Jeff Sessions have to do to win the runoff?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 05:59:19 PM »

Remind the Alabama GOP that he was their golden boy for 20 years.
HarrisonL

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 02:46:24 PM »

Stress his experience in the Senate. Tuberville could win. It depends on who Bryne's camp goes to. However, I think Sessions will eek this win out, and I support him in that primary.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 03:16:23 PM »

Stress his experience in the Senate. Tuberville could win. It depends on who Bryne's camp goes to. However, I think Sessions will eek this win out, and I support him in that primary.

Why do you think he’ll win if he got 2nd in the Primary?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 04:17:19 PM »

Hack into Trump’s twitter account and write an endorsement for himself and say “Jeff Sessions is strong on crime, the border, and Collin Kaepernick!”
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 01:10:15 AM »

Obvious answer is obvious.

Immigration. For 20 years he was their point man on this issue, whereas there is no such guarantee that Tuberville won't sell out down the road.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 01:20:00 AM »

Hack into Trump’s twitter account and write an endorsement for himself and say “Jeff Sessions is strong on crime, the border, and Collin Kaepernick!”

Don't forget about 2A and our vets.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 10:58:26 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2020, 02:38:34 AM by ERM64man »

Sessions needs to do well in the Mobile area. Who will most Bradley Byrne voters choose?

Tommy Tuberville, Jeff Sessions, Bradley Byrne
HarrisonL

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 11:36:00 AM »

Because establishment figures can still win the runoff even after finishing second in the primary against an outside challenger. Thad Cochran lost the primary to McDaniel and then went on to win the runoff. Either candidate has a shot at winning the runoff, but to count out Sessions entirely is ridiculous.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 02:15:55 PM »

Because establishment figures can still win the runoff even after finishing second in the primary against an outside challenger. Thad Cochran lost the primary to McDaniel and then went on to win the runoff. Either candidate has a shot at winning the runoff, but to count out Sessions entirely is ridiculous.

It’s a lot easier given that Cochran got 48% of the vote while Sessions only got 31%. Byrne’s voters must really hate Sessions otherwise they would have voted for him in the primary. It’s not clear they hate Tuberville.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 02:47:50 PM »

Isn't Sessions from the Mobile area?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 04:28:28 PM »

It’s a lot easier given that Cochran got 48% of the vote while Sessions only got 31%. Byrne’s voters must really hate Sessions otherwise they would have voted for him in the primary. It’s not clear they hate Tuberville.

Most people who voted for Byrne just love him as congressman, there isn’t any reason to think they hate Sessions 
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 06:12:57 PM »

Most people who voted for Byrne just love him as congressman, there isn’t any reason to think they hate Sessions 

The fact that they chose to vote for a congressional backbencher over the guy who’s been a household name in their state for over a quarter century may be telling.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 06:16:03 PM »

What will happen if Byrne endorses Sessions?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 06:20:55 PM »

Would probably mean very little if Trump endorsed Tuberville. After all, Nathan Deal did wonders for Casey Cagle.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 06:27:17 PM »

Would probably mean very little if Trump endorsed Tuberville. After all, Nathan Deal did wonders for Casey Cagle.
Wasn't Casey Cagle plagued by scandals?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 06:37:41 PM »

Wasn't Casey Cagle plagued by scandals?

As if Jeff Sessions’s tenure as AG isn’t as damaging.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 07:35:08 PM »

Ironically, Brian Kemp has, aside from the recent abortion bill, turned out to be a relatively moderate Governor, similar to Deal in many respects. But I'll agree with you here. If Trump endorses Tuberville, this race will be over. Even without an explicit endorsement, Trump has made it clear who he favors, through the tweet bashing Sessions that he sent out the other day. And Republican primary voters in Alabama themselves seem to desire change. Tuberville also benefits from the Republican base's love for people of private sector backgrounds who run for political office.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies