Rate the House with Biden as Nominee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:34:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rate the House with Biden as Nominee
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: As above.
Safe D

Likely D

Lean D

Tossup

Lean R

Likely R

Safe R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Rate the House with Biden as Nominee  (Read 1377 times)
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2020, 02:17:19 AM »

As the thread says: rate the House now that Biden is the likely nominee and Trump is virtually guaranteed reelection.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 02:23:46 AM »

Safe D and Biden probably will win in November
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 04:42:14 AM »

D, FL Dems dont have to worry about repropcutions from the Castro comments from Bernie
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 05:57:56 AM »

D, FL Dems dont have to worry about repropcutions from the Castro comments from Bernie

This.  Biden being a LITTLE too hands-on or getting snippy with dissenters isn't going to have nearly as much of a downballot impact as running footage of Bernie in the USSR or his Castro comments. 
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 11:39:52 AM »

Likely/Safe D.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 01:58:27 PM »

Likely D, closer to safe than lean.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 06:34:36 PM »

Other: flawed premise.  (Trump is not "virtually guaranteed" reelection.)
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 06:36:16 PM »

I have it as Likely D for any plausible Democratic nominee, but with Biden it's pretty close to safe.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 06:47:42 PM »

I have it as Likely D for any plausible Democratic nominee, but with Biden it's pretty close to safe.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 07:18:58 PM »

Likely D, as it was before. Good chance Democrats hold the House even if Biden narrowly loses.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 08:02:14 PM »

Likely D, closer to safe than lean.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 08:38:37 PM »

As the thread says: rate the House now that Biden is the likely nominee and Trump is virtually guaranteed reelection.

In what possible way is Trump virtually guaranteed reelection?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2020, 09:50:21 PM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 12:17:41 AM »

I'm so f#cking tired of whiney sh!t like this. And no, I'm not bias, when Bernie was looking like the frontrunner I made this thread.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=361933.msg7205646#msg7205646

Same principles apply here too.

Anyways, Likely D.
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 12:28:47 AM »

I'm so f#cking tired of whiney sh!t like this. And no, I'm not bias, when Bernie was looking like the frontrunner I made this thread.

I've yet to see a single person look past their giant erection for Biden (their Joener, if you will) long enough to convince me he won't end up just like Clinton. Apparently you have no worthwhile argument to do so, either.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 12:31:41 AM »

I've yet to see a single person look past their giant erection for Biden (their Joener, if you will) long enough to convince me he won't end up just like Clinton. Apparently you have no worthwhile argument to do so, either.

See, that could very well happened, but Clinton was never doomed, and Trump didn't win by a lot. Cut the crap.

SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 12:35:27 AM »

See, that could very well happened, but Clinton was never doomed, and Trump didn't win by a lot. Cut the crap.

I never said Clinton was doomed, I said that we're repeating the exact same mistakes that sunk her, except we've swapped out a fundamentally intelligent woman (which I admit as someone who dislikes Clinton) who came across as cold for a senile old geezer who has been in a flagrant mental decline since 2012. Are you allergic to the point?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 01:35:34 AM »

I never said Clinton was doomed, I said that we're repeating the exact same mistakes that sunk her, except we've swapped out a fundamentally intelligent woman (which I admit as someone who dislikes Clinton) who came across as cold for a senile old geezer who has been in a flagrant mental decline since 2012. Are you allergic to the point?

I'm allergic to people who say candidate x is doomed against Trump, like srsly ppl f#ck off with that.
Epaminondas

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 06:22:58 AM »

So many posters here are on such a high after having contained the "unreasonable", "pie in the sky", "entitled" youth vote, they're missing the forest for the tree: Dems are poised to nominate a slow-thinking old man who can't talk coherently for more than a few seconds.

It's sad enough when it happens to a member of the family. To a presidentual candidate in 2020, it's horrifying.

When you come down from your high after the convention, the nerves will start fraying again at each debate. The media's appetite for a horse race will lead them to tout Trump's "braggadaccio" again when his numbers seem low.

They will recover in the last stretch as Biden gets flustered and frustrated when he can't reasonably parry the wall of sh**t about Burisma the GOP is about to throw at him day in and day out. He will cuss, he will ramble, and he will turn everyone off him except for older Clinton voters.

If Biden turns out to be Hillary 2.0, there will be many tears, probably even more from young voters than from older ones (who benefit financially from Trump). I wonder what the "post mortem" will be this time?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 07:50:22 AM »

Likely D
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2020, 10:15:35 AM »

House is Safe D
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2020, 03:52:47 PM »

Likely D unless the far left actively sabotages the party.

Biden's going to play well in all the districts that Bloomberg helped flip last time.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2020, 04:21:48 PM »

Strong Likely D - The main issue for republicans is simply that they failed to nominate strong recruits in far too many majority maker districts, WI-3/IL-17/NY-19/MI-8 being the most obvious examples.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2020, 04:23:47 PM »

That’s a good point. Yeah the atmosphere on this forum was just toxic the last few days.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2020, 11:48:00 AM »

Likely D leaning to Safe D, especially now that the Dems will clearly nominate the candidate who always beat Trump by the largest margin in head-to-head matchup polls.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies