Super Tuesday Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:29:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Super Tuesday Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 94
Author Topic: Super Tuesday Results Thread  (Read 96229 times)
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: March 04, 2020, 08:39:58 AM »

Just woke up.

Those Texas county results are wonderful. There's a clear urban-rural latino-white disparity.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #1926 on: March 04, 2020, 08:40:09 AM »

Legitimately curious given the age of all frontrunners:

What happens if the winner dies between Election Day and the counting of electoral votes?

There is a precident for this. Horace Greeley died after election day in 1872. He lost, so his electoral votes were mostly faithlessly cast for other Democratic Party figures. Some voted for Greeley anyways despite him err, not being able to carry out his duties. My best guess would be nowadays they'd be cast for the VP but there may be interesting faithless electors if the candidate loses.

This will have to be sorted out if Biden wins, though. Can't have everyone casting electoral votes for different people. Greeley lost anyway so it wasn't as big a deal.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1927 on: March 04, 2020, 08:40:12 AM »

What happens if the winner dies between Election Day and the counting of electoral votes?

Since the electors are free to switch their votes (faithless elector laws are toothless), they could vote for the VP candidate for President, and a party-designated substitute for VP.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #1928 on: March 04, 2020, 08:41:25 AM »

Just woke up.

Those Texas county results are wonderful. There's a clear urban-rural latino-white disparity.

It's a beautiful day in America 😎
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #1929 on: March 04, 2020, 08:49:58 AM »

It's not very scientific but from my math if current delegate ratios hold Bernie will open with around a 80 delegate lead over Biden (not counting first 4, adding 6 to sander's margin in that case)

I'm about to calculate preliminary California delegate estimates shortly but I can assure you that your estimates are way off at a glance (and borderline misinformation, honestly).

The currently allocated delegates are essentially guaranteed delegates, the rest are just uncertain - Sanders has a lot of guaranteed delegates in California since he's comfortably over 15% statewide and across most districts.

As I stated all I did was assume delegate distribution at the ratios they are at now. This is not sure fire and yes it will be inaccurate. That being said the possibility of a Bernie lead in pledged delegates is a pretty fair one. Given I personally expected it to be about double the lead it's not a bad sign for Biden nor misinformation.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1930 on: March 04, 2020, 08:51:57 AM »

Hopefully turnout can hit 2.1 million in Texas. Shatters 2016 but nowhere close to 2008’s insane 2.8 million.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1931 on: March 04, 2020, 08:53:26 AM »

There is a precident for this. Horace Greeley died after election day in 1872. He lost, so his electoral votes were mostly faithlessly cast for other Democratic Party figures. Some voted for Greeley anyways despite him err, not being able to carry out his duties. My best guess would be nowadays they'd be cast for the VP but there may be interesting faithless electors if the candidate loses.

This will have to be sorted out if Biden wins, though. Can't have everyone casting electoral votes for different people. Greeley lost anyway so it wasn't as big a deal.

$10 says that if Biden wins but dies before electors vote...no matter who they vote for...it'll go to the Supreme Court, and they'll just install Trump for 4 more years because "he's the runner up" or something.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1932 on: March 04, 2020, 08:53:57 AM »

A little dissapointed with the rest of the maps. I like 3 and 4 color county maps. Usually i'm seeing states just coated in blue, with maybe a little sprinkle of green and orange here and there.

CO is pretty marvelous, with Bloom and Biden prevailing in the flat and rural south and Bernie obviously killing in Denver/Co springs metro.

OK is dissapointing. OK has had some of the best primary maps of any state, in 2016 R, 2012 R, 2008 D and R, etc. Biden won every county, which is kind of sad. I wanted some Orange in there. I didn't get any,

The rest are pretty dissapointing. MN has a very nice map with the Klob in outer rurals and Sanders in the city. CA might be nice, i'm looking forward to that.
n1240

« Reply #1933 on: March 04, 2020, 09:07:58 AM »

It's not very scientific but from my math if current delegate ratios hold Bernie will open with around a 80 delegate lead over Biden (not counting first 4, adding 6 to sander's margin in that case)

I'm about to calculate preliminary California delegate estimates shortly but I can assure you that your estimates are way off at a glance (and borderline misinformation, honestly).

The currently allocated delegates are essentially guaranteed delegates, the rest are just uncertain - Sanders has a lot of guaranteed delegates in California since he's comfortably over 15% statewide and across most districts.

As I stated all I did was assume delegate distribution at the ratios they are at now. This is not sure fire and yes it will be inaccurate. That being said the possibility of a Bernie lead in pledged delegates is a pretty fair one. Given I personally expected it to be about double the lead it's not a bad sign for Biden nor misinformation.

But it's an odd assumption to make since it isn't how delegates are distributed, it's pretty evident that Sanders won't be ahead in pledged delegates unless he ends up winning California by around 20 or so which I think is very unlikely so I don't think there is any scenario where Sanders ends up ahead on pledged delegates.

These are the delegate counts I have in California currently, although I expect the delegate margin Sanders has here to grow as the late results come in.

Sanders 223
Biden 161
Bloomberg 23
Warren 8
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #1934 on: March 04, 2020, 09:11:20 AM »

Loving that Texas map. Rural white backlash.
Roblox

« Reply #1935 on: March 04, 2020, 09:12:33 AM »

I'm still absolutely voting for Bernie when the Florida primary comes around but yeah, Biden is almost certain to be the nominee at this point. Even if/when Bernie gets an overall delegate lead from ST when all the votes are counted, it won't change the media narrative headed into the rest of the primary.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1936 on: March 04, 2020, 09:25:00 AM »

Can we all agree now that caucuses don't make any sense whatsoever moving forward? Let me give you a perfect example of why. My home state (VA) had record-breaking turnout for the primary last night. 1.3 million total votes cast. Polls closed here at 7pm. 93% of the total vote was counted by 8:30pm. 90 minutes to tally 1.3 million votes. South Carolina (as another primary) also quickly counted their votes, over a half million cast. If Iowa & Nevada had to tally 1.3 million caucus votes, they'd probably still be trying to determine the winner, IN JUNE. CAUCUSES AREN'T A GOOD REPRESENTATION OF THE ENTIRE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1937 on: March 04, 2020, 09:25:34 AM »

Sanders won Bexar, Travis and its suburbs, Collin, Denton, Tarrant, and most of the Hispanic counties in South and West Texas; Biden took Dallas, Harris, and most of the rural white counties. Bloomberg managed to get majorities in three counties, Hansford, Roberts, and McMullen. But Sanders lost most of the rural counties against Hillary Clinton as well, so it's not that much of a surprise.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1938 on: March 04, 2020, 09:39:08 AM »

$10 says that if Biden wins but dies before electors vote...no matter who they vote for...it'll go to the Supreme Court, and they'll just install Trump for 4 more years because "he's the runner up" or something.

If he dies before the electors vote they'll just vote for the VP. There's no way Trump has a case. He might have a case if Biden dies before Congress counts the votes and the House & Senate can't agree about whether to accept the electors.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1939 on: March 04, 2020, 09:42:25 AM »

Sanders won Bexar, Travis and its suburbs, Collin, Denton, Tarrant, and most of the Hispanic counties in South and West Texas; Biden took Dallas, Harris, and most of the rural white counties. Bloomberg managed to get majorities in three counties, Hansford, Roberts, and McMullen. But Sanders lost most of the rural counties against Hillary Clinton as well, so it's not that much of a surprise.

You should look at an updated map.  Tarrant and Collin voted Biden
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1940 on: March 04, 2020, 09:50:02 AM »

Hopefully turnout can hit 2.1 million in Texas. Shatters 2016 but nowhere close to 2008’s insane 2.8 million.
But given Texas' explosive population growth over the past decade, is that really good turnout this year?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1941 on: March 04, 2020, 09:57:37 AM »

Trump, Bernie and Biden are the same age. The Doctors would have known if Biden was in bad shape, unhealthy.  Trump is the one whom is overweight
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1942 on: March 04, 2020, 10:00:09 AM »

My mistake. I was looking at the map on Atlas, which apparently hasn't been updated yet. That doesn't make much of a difference, though, with the overall contours of the race.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1943 on: March 04, 2020, 10:55:01 AM »

LOL Cenk Uygur is on TYT saying losing Texas isn't so bad because they split the delegates, BUT if Bernie wins in Texas and California its HUUUUGE. Great spin zone work there buddy!

Why even watch? He's a total fraud.

They have some okay people like Ben Mankiewicz and uh... I guess just him.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1944 on: March 04, 2020, 10:57:53 AM »

If he dies before the electors vote they'll just vote for the VP. There's no way Trump has a case. He might have a case if Biden dies before Congress counts the votes and the House & Senate can't agree about whether to accept the electors.

It takes a majority in each house of Congress agreeing to reject an electoral vote.

https://history.house.gov/Institution/Electoral-College/Electoral-College/
Since 1887, 3 U.S.C. 15 sets the method for objections to electoral votes. During the Joint Session, Members of Congress may object to individual electoral votes or to state returns as a whole. An objection must be declared in writing and signed by at least one Representative and one Senator. In the case of an objection, the Joint Session recesses and each chamber considers the objection separately in a session which cannot last more than two hours with each Member speaking for no more than five minutes. After each house votes on whether or not to accept the objection, the Joint Session reconvenes and both chambers disclose their decisions. If they agree to the objection, the votes in question are not counted. If either chamber does not agree with the objection, the votes are counted.

If this was not the case, MoscowMitch and his fellow Republican traitors would steal the 2020 election for Trump without hesitation.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1945 on: March 04, 2020, 10:59:48 AM »

Can we all agree now that caucuses don't make any sense whatsoever moving forward? Let me give you a perfect example of why. My home state (VA) had record-breaking turnout for the primary last night. 1.3 million total votes cast. Polls closed here at 7pm. 93% of the total vote was counted by 8:30pm. 90 minutes to tally 1.3 million votes. South Carolina (as another primary) also quickly counted their votes, over a half million cast. If Iowa & Nevada had to tally 1.3 million caucus votes, they'd probably still be trying to determine the winner, IN JUNE. CAUCUSES AREN'T A GOOD REPRESENTATION OF THE ENTIRE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Yes we can all agree to that.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1946 on: March 04, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »

Is it just me who thinks Biden may have won CA with ongoing dynamics if Bloomberg wasn't in the race?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1947 on: March 04, 2020, 11:03:57 AM »

My mistake. I was looking at the map on Atlas, which apparently hasn't been updated yet. That doesn't make much of a difference, though, with the overall contours of the race.

But it does because people vote not counties and there are way way more people in Tarrant and Collin than these rural counties you speak of.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1948 on: March 04, 2020, 11:07:25 AM »

LOL Cenk Uygur is on TYT saying losing Texas isn't so bad because they split the delegates, BUT if Bernie wins in Texas and California its HUUUUGE. Great spin zone work there buddy!

Why even watch? He's a total fraud.

They have some okay people like Ben Mankiewicz and uh... I guess just him.

Its funny watching him trying to make a semi-reasonable point and then Cenk and that other "comedian" Jimmy Dore (though I guess he left last year?) shut him down.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1949 on: March 04, 2020, 11:09:06 AM »

Twitter is having a meltdown. #BernieOrBust is trending as is #DropOutWarren
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 94  
« previous next »