Super Tuesday Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:59:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Super Tuesday Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 94
Author Topic: Super Tuesday Results Thread  (Read 96726 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: March 04, 2020, 04:05:07 AM »

No....

Not sure sure where you are coming from, but you post a comment that really doesn't make tons of sense.....
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1876 on: March 04, 2020, 04:10:19 AM »

Still reviewing this thread so there may be more posts deleted tomorrow when I get the time from tonight. Not bad in general given the circumstances but as a reminder, trying to derail the thread of course more than once is grounds for a mute as one person is coming quite close.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #1877 on: March 04, 2020, 04:10:58 AM »

Yea he really went after the Sugondese vote.  We'll see how they end up when more vote comes in.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1878 on: March 04, 2020, 04:11:17 AM »

Yeah, he was told he was getting a 300 delegate lead out of Cali and he didnt. 
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1879 on: March 04, 2020, 04:13:29 AM »

Still reviewing this thread so there may be more posts deleted tomorrow when I get the time from tonight. Not bad in general given the circumstances but as a reminder, trying to derail the thread of course more than once is grounds for a mute as one person is coming quite close.

My bad I thought this was a more lax thread for watching the returns.  I'll calm it down.
Yeah, he was told he was getting a 300 delegate lead out of Cali and he didnt. 

We'll see in two weeks or so.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1880 on: March 04, 2020, 04:20:52 AM »

Are you seriously denying that Obama called Klob and Pete to pressure them to drop and pledge to Biden?  Because multiple outlets reported that.  The same with Beto.  Did you not know that, or are you denying reality like Trump often does?
First up, all I see are stories that Obama called Buttigieg after he dropped out. Not that he forced him into endorsing him or anything like that.

Second, even if Obama tried to persuade Pete and Amy to drop out and endorse Biden, what exactly is the problem with that? He didn't force them, he can't. And the decision is still up to the voters.

The problem Sanders has is not the the establishment is out to get him, it is that it is damn tough to win a primary if you can't expand your support beyond 25-30%, unless you are running against a split field.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #1881 on: March 04, 2020, 04:22:05 AM »

Even though I don't like Bernie, this is so frustrating to read. It's our future and we just sit idly by and let others decide for us, and then we complain.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1882 on: March 04, 2020, 04:28:50 AM »

Even though I don't like Bernie, this is so frustrating to read. It's our future and we just sit idly by and let others decide for us, and then we complain.

A large portion of the poli sci department at every university is comprised of Twitter leftists who think that the major is just a venue for their bogus "activism" like gender studies is. They are in for a rude awakening. Ironically, they also tend to be some of the most politically uninformed people in the country.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1883 on: March 04, 2020, 04:29:09 AM »

Oh what you meant is that you decided to delete every post I made, but you chose to leave all the white-noise Cory Booker posts and the low-effort Biden sycophant regurg?

Let me go ahead and save you the trouble and head on out.  I got mixed up thinking this was a political debate and discussion forum and not the Members-Only Jacket Fan Forum for people who mistakenly urinate into bidets.

Laters.  I might re-reg after Biden gets put on the vent with COVID-19 but probably not
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1884 on: March 04, 2020, 04:46:45 AM »

So initial results from CA:

(Assuming EV)

LA County: (10.1 Million POP)

Sanders:          190.6k (35.4%)
Biden:              126.5k  (23.5%)
Bloomberg:       74.4k   (14.8%)
Warren:            66.7k   (12.4%)

Orange County: (3.1 Million POP)

Sanders:           80k     (36.1%)
Biden:               54.5k  (24.5%)
Bloomberg:        34.6k  (15.6%)
Warren:             21.4k  (9.6%)

San Diego County: (3.3 Mil POP)

Sanders:          71k   (29.6%)
Biden:             56.8k (23.9%)
Bloomberg:      37.4k (15.7%)
Warren:           29.8k  (12.5%)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1885 on: March 04, 2020, 04:49:45 AM »

This is a big f***ing deal.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1886 on: March 04, 2020, 04:53:01 AM »

Oh what you meant is that you decided to delete every post I made, but you chose to leave all the white-noise Cory Booker posts and the low-effort Biden sycophant regurg?

Let me go ahead and save you the trouble and head on out.  I got mixed up thinking this was a political debate and discussion forum and not the Members-Only Jacket Fan Forum for people who mistakenly urinate into bidets.

Laters.  I might re-reg after Biden gets put on the vent with COVID-19 but probably not

n1240

« Reply #1887 on: March 04, 2020, 05:00:37 AM »

Bloomberg dips below viability statewide in Texas
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1888 on: March 04, 2020, 05:01:35 AM »

That is probably mostly good news for Bernie.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #1889 on: March 04, 2020, 05:06:48 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2020, 05:26:55 AM by adamevans »

Bernie's failure to materialize his promised revolution with white working class voters should be a major concern to his supporters. He's seemingly only materialized soaring turnout with latino voters, which won't be helpful outside major urban epicenters and border states. The rural vote overwhelmingly falling in the hands of candidates like Pete and Biden after voting for Bernie in 2016 is a serious problem.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1890 on: March 04, 2020, 05:13:46 AM »

Can someone explain to me why Bernie has such appeal to hispanic voters? Is it just that a lot of them happen to be young?
n1240

« Reply #1891 on: March 04, 2020, 05:13:54 AM »

Well Biden is winning in Texas so in terms of delegate margin it's better for him.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1892 on: March 04, 2020, 05:21:34 AM »

Well Biden is winning in Texas so in terms of delegate margin it's better for him.
Right, but Bloomberg having less delegates that he can try to get to vote for Biden is good for Bernie.
n1240

« Reply #1893 on: March 04, 2020, 05:27:41 AM »

Right, but Bloomberg having less delegates that he can try to get to vote for Biden is good for Bernie.

Fair point, I'm operating under the assumption that the collective results are putting Biden in a good position to win a majority of delegates and thus thinking too much in terms of raw difference between Biden and Sanders.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1894 on: March 04, 2020, 05:36:52 AM »

I'm yet to see any evidence that there's room for progressives in the Democratic Party. It seems most, if not all of Viden supporters want us wiped out.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1895 on: March 04, 2020, 06:03:46 AM »

I'm yet to see any evidence that there's room for progressives in the Democratic Party. It seems most, if not all of Viden supporters want us wiped out.

Throughout this thread you’ve said you might’ve considered Biden but with the attitude a lot of posters have shown you’re rethinking that.

So you’re basing your November vote on people being nice to you? Of course there’s room for you and other progressives in the party. We want you here. This is your average online community where the minority is very vocal and the majority aren’t. It’s not indicative of the nation as a whole. Don’t base your presidential choice on what happens here.
n1240

« Reply #1896 on: March 04, 2020, 06:06:46 AM »

Bloomberg dips below viability in California, can't see him recovering.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1897 on: March 04, 2020, 06:11:26 AM »

Throughout this thread you’ve said you might’ve considered Biden but with the attitude a lot of posters have shown you’re rethinking that.

So you’re basing your November vote on people being nice to you? Of course there’s room for you and other progressives in the party. We want you here. This is your average online community where the minority is very vocal and the majority aren’t. It’s not indicative of the nation as a whole. Don’t base your presidential choice on what happens here.

I can point to a dozen people on here who said they won't vote for Sanders because his people weren't nice to them. Why should Ibe any different?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1898 on: March 04, 2020, 06:19:35 AM »

I can point to a dozen people on here who said they won't vote for Sanders because his people weren't nice to them. Why should Ibe any different?

I guess it come down to whether Democrats will be able to unify in an effort to oust Trump from the White House (that is: if that's their top priority versus electing *their* ideal candidate). 
n1240

« Reply #1899 on: March 04, 2020, 06:21:50 AM »

Texas results with Dallas, Harris, and Tarrant counties finishing (not sure if there is any notable outstanding vote left)

Biden 734045 (34.25%)
Sanders 639502 (29.84%)
Bloomberg 316464 (14.77%)
Warren 241393 (11.26%)

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 94  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies