Super Tuesday Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 12:44:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Super Tuesday Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 94
Author Topic: Super Tuesday Results Thread  (Read 96634 times)
538Electoral

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: March 03, 2020, 10:29:33 PM »

Biden will lose to Trump. He will lose Minnesota & New Hampshire in addition to all of Clinton's states. He can't campaign in the Midwest while supporting NAFTA. Biden can't even string a sentence together.

Bernie will win Texas California (the 2 biggest states) with Vermont Colorado Utah & maybe Maine as well. This race will go to the convention.
[/b]

This.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1276 on: March 03, 2020, 10:29:38 PM »

Biden's actually sounding surprisingly #populist Purple heart. He might actually be pivoting to the left for the general if this is at all representative of the way he'll campaign against Trump.

Or maybe he's just becoming a better messenger for his own agenda.  He has certainly improved over the last two weeks in all facets.  
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1277 on: March 03, 2020, 10:29:44 PM »

one reason Biden might be doing better than Hillary is because the Democratic Party has literally expanded under Trump.  A lot of ex Republicans/moderates are now voting Democrat.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1278 on: March 03, 2020, 10:29:49 PM »

Michael Baharaeen
@mbaharaeen
Note about VA: electorate was a lot less Democratic vs. 2016, possibly due to lack of a competitive R primary this time.

Party ID:
-2016: 76% D, 3% R, 22% I
-2020: 66% D, 6% R, 28% I

Ideology:
-2016: 68% liberal, 29% moderate, 3% conservative
-2020: 52% lib., 39% mod., 8% cons.
https://twitter.com/mbaharaeen/status/1235032380324356098?s=20
Were a big tent party. Liberal, Moderate, or conservatives are welcome.

I'm sorry but we're not really a big tent party in anything but name.  The conservatives and moderates hold the strings.  Yes, we have AOC and Mark Pocan and Sanders and Warren, etc., but they hold about as much influence over the party as Ron Paul had over the GOP.  This is not going to change barring a major recession or generational change.  Progressives just have to accept that.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1279 on: March 03, 2020, 10:29:53 PM »

Amazing - these are the results in New Bedford, MA's 6th-biggest city and the largest city in Bristol County

Sanders 35%
Biden 34%
Bloomberg 12.4%
Warren 12.3%

Warren came in *fourth* even with the endorsement of Mayor

Jesus, what a terrible night for Warren.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1280 on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:01 PM »

Animal rights protest at Biden speech. Got pulled off stage, not a great look.
Seems like the Secret Service is sleeping on the job.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1281 on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:06 PM »

Biden is yelling into the microphone. He's obviously very excited.

He just saved his campaign with literally one of the biggest 3 day swings in voter preference perhaps in history.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1282 on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:31 PM »

Anyone else feel like a steak and a glass of whole milk?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1283 on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:33 PM »

Biden has won MN according to Politico. Wow!

"The Fix is in" and once again the DEM establishment plus Warren, combined with Bloomberg collapse played a major role...

Not tons of delegates here, but still this will not play well down the line for Warren.

The concept of "Party Unity" starts to become moot, although I fully understand that ALL DEMs want someone who can beat DJT, still it's starting to look like once again a rigged game, considering all of the Hundreds of coordinated Biden endorsements, massive investments in Capitol Investment towards the Biden Campaign, the massive "dark money spend prior to Super Tuesday"....

Sorry folks, we are going down the road all the way to the convention....

The Democratic Party is not the Republican Party, which automatically rigs the rules of the game when it comes to the delegate count.

Listen to my words carefully, Atlas Democratic Posters and the "Democratic Establishment" and elites that are worried about the future, may well face significant defections among the Democratic Base in a 50/50 Party ("Progressive"/"Moderate").

I get the concept of protecting the '18 gains in the US House and flipping the SEN, Electoral Math, etc....

But just because Biden has a Media Narrative of a large Super Tuesday win (Which delegate wide is still a questionable proposition at best), our voices will not be silenced and there is a good chance of massive unrest and low-voter turnout among voters that the DEM Party needs to win in a GE in '20 against DJT....

Sí, se puede

la lucha continúa

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1284 on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:36 PM »

NYT calls Utah for Bernie.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1285 on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:47 PM »

It would cap off everything if Biden got so exicted he had a stroke tonight and Sanders is the nominee, only to die of a heart of a attack a week before the election. Meanwhile Trump dies of coronavirus. Nina Turner defeats Mike Pence to become the 47th POTUS.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1286 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:07 PM »

Biden is yelling into the microphone. He's obviously very excited.

It's just a striking contrast to his previous speeches.  Relative to some of the other candidates it's not out of the norm.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #1287 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:19 PM »

The future is in the west young man!
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #1288 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:31 PM »

Joe's favorite word:  LOOK!
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1289 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:38 PM »

Honestly it's hard to look at these maps and conclude that Sanders has the widespread working class appeal his surrogates have been touting.

Yeah, I hate to admit it but the country's just not ready for Sanders' brand of politics.  Bernie Sanders is not Barack Obama, and until the progressive wing of the party can find a candidate like Obama who has widespread appeal and can sell these policies to voters beyond his or her core base, we're not going to get anywhere close to getting them passed.  All we can do right now is steadily push the mainstream of the Democratic Party to the left, but that is going to take time and generational change.

Once this primary is over though, progressives will be left in the dark without a leader.  Maybe AOC will fill that space, but even she would be too polarizing for the electorate at this time.  We really have nowhere to go.  And until we have another recession, the status quo will continue to dominate.

There is no point in trying to have hope for this country anymore.  Nothing will change.

Someone will come along soon enough. I think a lot of the reason Sanders is lacking support was because of the lack of attempt to win over other candidates’ supporters. Another was that people are tired and Sanders is simply too much drama for some people. I would hardly lose hope for progressives tonight

If I were Bernie Sanders, I definitely would have run on his message very differently.  There's a reason why I was a Liz Lad for half the campaign.  The main reason I switched to Sanders is that her political instincts are godawful, much as I believe she would've made a better president than anyone else who ran this year.

But the bottom line is Sanders couldn't do it.  Warren couldn't do it.  Progressives need to go back to the drawing board and plan for the next cycles.  The problem is that our pool, right now anyway, is very small.  Maybe when income inequality reaches its peak and major cities start going under water, we'll find someone who will not only promise but can deliver on that radical change this country needs.

Bernie's policies are mostly popular, it's just that his politics are rooted in anger and division, and his supporters are creepy and cultish. A future progressive will have to ditch all that, as well as reach out to black voters.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1290 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:38 PM »

Amazing - these are the results in New Bedford, MA's 6th-biggest city and the largest city in Bristol County

Sanders 35%
Biden 34%
Bloomberg 12.4%
Warren 12.3%

Warren came in *fourth* even with the endorsement of Mayor

Jesus, what a terrible night for Warren.

New Bedford has few college graduates.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #1291 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:45 PM »

Biden is the next Bob Dole. Too old. Past his prime. Won't inspire anyone.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1292 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:54 PM »

Mormons support the Revolution, it seems.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1293 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:58 PM »

It'll be so weird if Sanders pulls out the win in Texas but loses Oklahoma to Biden. Such a reversal of 2016. I don't understand the voters of this country sometimes.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #1294 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:13 PM »

NYT has called Utah for Bernie Sanders.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1295 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:18 PM »

The big takeaway: This country doesn't want a "revolution", nor does it need one.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1296 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:26 PM »

Biden is a remarkably better speaker now than how he was earlier in the race. His speaking abilities are ready for the GE.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1297 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:44 PM »

Biden will lose to Trump. He will lose Minnesota & New Hampshire in addition to all of Clinton's states. He can't campaign in the Midwest while supporting NAFTA. Biden can't even string a sentence together.

Bernie will win Texas California (the 2 biggest states) with Vermont Colorado Utah & maybe Maine as well. This race will go to the convention.
[/b]

This.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1298 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:51 PM »

Joe's got to stop doing the thing where he begins telling an impassioned story and then abruptly stops
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1299 on: March 03, 2020, 10:33:00 PM »

I was ready compromise and get behind Biden, but seeing all this "haha suck it Bernie Bros you're all losers" is convincing me more and more that there is no room for progressives in the Democratic Party.

There literally hasn’t been that much of that at all? And anyone who IS doing that is an idiot. I’m a Biden supporter who supported Bernie in 2016. I was crushed when he lost. I enthusiastically supported Hillary and my views have changed a bit, but I would never make fun of someone who’s candidate isn’t doing well. People poured their hearts into Bernie and I know how that feels. It sucks

VIOLENT SANDERS SUPPORTERS, GO FIGURE!

You were saying, Illini Moderate?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 94  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies