Loudoun County VA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:18:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Loudoun County VA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Loudoun County VA  (Read 3665 times)
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« on: February 10, 2006, 03:03:15 PM »

A lot of Reps. want to give the impression that all the new Democrats are latte liberals...not true.  Pro-choice, anti-death penalty, pro-Christian values Kaine won big up there...an omen that people in Virginia are among the first people in the country to realize the lip-service, backlash, feigned indignation by Rep. party leaders (that whine about abortion, etc. but have done N-O-T-H-I-N-G to remedy these problems).  Raising Kaine, a blog covering VA politics, had a good article about how this is truly a Virginia phenomenon.  Instead of abortion for 8 year olds, marriage to anybody/anything, death penalty, and other things that affect about 5 people, people in Old Dominion from Coal Country and Shenandoah to NOVA are concerned about education, transportation, infrastructure, job creation (that can actually support a family, not flipping burgers or Wal-Mart).  This state is truly becoming the most sane in the Union--if it isn't already.  Loudon will continue to trend Dem.--at least in statewide/local elections.  Mark Warner/Blanche Lincoln could easily carry the county by as much as 10 points against George Allen, though Warner failed to carry the county in 2001.  I've had my misgivings about Democrats in MA and VT too, but I know that at least some of them are Democrats for the fundamental reason that should unite this party:  A thriving middle-class is good in all respects (in terms of our moral integrity, national security, and overall economic prosperity), and laissez faire/Darwinian capitalism is not the means to achieving such a society.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies